Behind the Scenes on THE DARK PINCHUK

Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Lamp figured some of you might be interested in a “behind the scenes” look of my big ego trip last week… * AHEM * … that is, the DARK PINCHUK video we had up.  You can have fun comparing what’s on the page to what’s on the screen, and then further by putting this side-by-side with the DARK KNIGHT screenplay I so hastily emulated.

Thanks goes to where thanks is due, and I’ll voice my gratitude to those who helped me finally (and so graphically) realize this impression I’ve done as a party favor for the past two years. First, thanks to my friend, make-up artist Megan Flynn, who made the prosthetic scars and lent me some grease paint and spirit gum for their application. Everybody check out her website - - Colors and Creatures. Second, I’ll thank Babs for applying the make-up and hairspray so skillfully. I know she got a special, perverse enjoyment out of getting to pour baby oil right down into my open eyes when it came time to remove the make-up. And third, I put my thanks to “Master of Sight and Sound” JoeyF for shooting, editing and inserting all the effects into the video. It really has been a lifelong dream of mine to stand in front of a wall of fire and he made that dream come true.

If I can find my camera, I’ll post up some personal “production stills” from the shoot. In the meantime, enjoy these screengrabs. If you liked the video, beware... there's a good chance we'll do more.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com .

#1 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio

I was expecting a video, but this is nice too

#2 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

This was an awsome video. I thought it was so cool. I wish you guys had made more of these.
#3 Posted by The Psyentist (16350 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! I want more! XD (...that's what she said...)

#4 Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe Tom didn't thank L'il G-Girl for her green hair spray paint...

Staff
#5 Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: Doh! And, of course, a thousand thanks to the spawn of G-Man. I suppose I ought to thank the tailor who made my jacket, too.
#6 Posted by JoeyF (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to have made your dream of standing in front of a wall of fire come true, Tom!
I hope we do get to make more of these.  It was a blast.

Staff
#7 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Psyentist said:
"Yes! I want more! XD (...that's what she said...) "

You're too funny!!  LMAO! 

Man, I enjoyed that video.  It looked like everyone had fun, it was very colorful loved the impression of Joker.  
 Still laughing at Red L.A.M.P. getting the banana in the eye socket.   He's got eye appeal.

#8 Posted by Emerald Warrior (182 posts) - - Show Bio

uh...

#9 Edited by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to be one of LAMP's henchmen!

we can call ourselves the shades...get it? lamp shades.

Man I'm so witty!Someone should award me for being so witty! <--sarcasm as always

#10 Posted by mimschkin (626 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tom Pinchuk said:
I suppose I ought to thank the tailor who made my jacket, too. "
Please, don't.
#11 Posted by lilmikeegee (4 posts) - - Show Bio

you look like scott bakula sometimes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.