Toad's Appearance

#1 Edited by Teerack (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

before Toad went to the Jean Grey school he had a lean average body type and a normal skin color.

Then when he goes to the X-Men school he suddenly gains like fifty pounds.... also his skin became a shade of green.

Toad & Husk - from Wolverine & the X-Men #15

All of these changes happened without reason, and honestly I hate them all. Does anyone actually like Toad's new look?

#2 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

This should interest

#3 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Since nobody actually cares about Toad, nobody has ever made a standard appearance for him. Some artists make him look like an almost-normal human. Some make him short and fat. Some give him such a toad-like appearance that he might as well be Ultimate Toad. 

#4 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))): I literally LOL'd at the last picture.

#5 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower: I'm guessing that Scarlet Witch hit him with a hex bolt and made him accidentally release his bowels right as the picture was being taken.
#6 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))): LMAO

I honestly don't know what the artist was thinking when he created that costume. Maybe he was on LSD....

#7 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

His current appearance is based off of Chris Bachalo's design that dates all the way back to the days he used to work on Generation X. I remember there was an issue where Toad was holed up in Emma's old institute and the design was very similar to his appearances in Wolverine and the X-Men which was also done by Bachalo, so it may have been Bachalo's call. Though I think he wasn't as big in Generation X.

#8 Posted by Teerack (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))): The skin color thing does go back and forth, but that last picture was what toad looked like when his DNA was still messed up. They had a big story line about how Juggernaut's father did experiments to toad making him look all gross and fat, but once they fixed his DNA he changed to look normal. it was also when he got most of his powers because originally he could only jump, but once his DNA was repaired he got his long tong, special spits, poison sweat, and ability to stick to walls.

#9 Posted by comkid100 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

I Liked his appearence befor he joined wolverines school.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.