Follow

Toad

Character » Toad appears in 1720 issues.

Toad (Mortimer Toynbee) was a Marvel Comics super villain, best known for being a member of Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

character continuity problems

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By comkid100

I meant to make this blog ages ago but I forgot until now. I reacurring character in moon knight is his best friend Frenchie. During an old (but good) story arc Frenchies legs were crushed by his brother (or so we were led to believe). After it happened Frenchie was wheelchair bound yet in the 2006 run of moon knight Frenchies legs were amputated off and he was walking on crutches instead. More recent versions of Frenchie has his legs back and either sat in a wheelchair or gets around using crutches. Now I am not an artist or (in my opinion) a good writer but shouldn't basic facts about the character be known to the creative team in charge of the character? Another example of mis-communication is the xmen character toad. Since his movie appearence and ultimate appearence creative teams have messed up on his skin Pigmentation. Now whether the artist prefers him green or white (I prefer green) shouldn't be allowed to change a character in such a graphic way just because of preferene. The hulk was originally grey but changed to green because it was a cheaper colour then grey but what if now days an artist wanted to make him grey again, they couldn't simply change it ranodmly they'd need a good story and even then the change would be met with outrage and resistance. Shouldn't all characters be trated with the same respect / restraint? I would like to apologise I appeared to have gome off topic but i think the question is worth staying.

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By infonation

A pity he couldn't just get some robotic legs!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.