Follow

Tintin

Character » Tintin appears in 559 issues.

A young investigative journalist who gets sucked into crazy and dangerous international adventures!

Tintin, Snowy and Captain Haddock Team Up In The Second Official 'Tintin' Trailer

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

If you're looking for a comic book adaptation before next Summer, then Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson's next big project is something you need to put on your radar now. The two filmmakers have adapted Hergé's 'The Adventures of Tintin,' which is set to be released this December, just in time for Christmas. Earlier today Paramount and Columbia Pictures released the second official US trailer for the upcoming film, and based on the footage it will be (as it should be), an action packed adventure!

Tintin and Snowy embark on a search for a sunken ship that had been carrying a secret cargo -- a secret cargo with the potential to alter civilizations. On their adventure they accidentally meet Captain Haddock, and their search takes them on a journey throughout the world. The interesting thing about this trailer is that it doesn't give very much away, at all. We are given just enough to get a taste for the characters and the premise of the film, but they made sure not to disclose what the secret cargo is -- and not knowing is half the fun.

If you're familiar with Hergé's books, then you already know that the books followed Tintin and his dog Snowy's wild adventures -- adventures that involve mystery, intrigue, and legends. The books took Tintin on journeys the world over; from North America (Tintin in America), Egypt (Cigars of the Pharaoh) to Asia (Tintin in Tibet, The Blue Lotus) and many other areas of the world. Many of the characters that appear in Hergé's books will likely make appearances in the film adaptation as well, based on the trailer. Captain Haddock, for example, appears to have a pretty prominent supporting role in the film. This is true in Hergé's books, and it's nice to see the consistency here. It will be interesting to see how much of Herge's plot lines, concepts and characters the filmmakers integrate into this film.

Tintin is set to hit theaters on December 21st, 2011. What do you think of the second trailer for 'The Adventures of Tintin'? Have you read any of the stories? Will you be tuning in this December?

Source: Apple

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HotSauceCommittee

Hope they don't fuck it up, love Tintin soooooooooooooooooo much.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By fury714

I am definitely watching this one. :)

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Daveyo520

For a while when all this was being 1st announced I thought it was a Rin Tin Tin movie and it was about the dog.

It looks cool.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NightFang3

Looks like it well be a good movie.

Avatar image for ultimate_miracleman
    Ultimate_MiracleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Now this looks good

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#6  Edited By The Impersonator

Is the movie adapted from The Crab with the Golden Claws and Red Rackham's Treasure? Or just one of them?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Nice!

ohanaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ohanaman

A Herge story backing of Jackson and Spielberg.... nice!

Looking forward to the current Hollywood love-in on 3D to go away again. Every 20 or so years.... Smelly-vison's around the corner.

Seriously though, I am looking forward to not only the movie but the reviews, as these books were written for mostly adults and at time of an imperialist mentality. Am sure someone's going to be offended.

I really loved these books as a child, the first time I read them it was in French so I am hoping they have a good dubbing "En Francais" on the Blu-Ray.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By SevanGrim

TIIIIIIINNNNNNN TIIIIIIIINNNNNNN!!!!

im hyped. I read so much Tin Tin when i was a kid. If this movie is any good, it will TRULY be a blast from my past.

PuckPuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PuckPuck

Looks great! Tintin is win. Hopefully they don't miss out on the Watsons. :)

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Or35ti

It looks pretty good, but I'm sold on anything Steven Spielberg directs :P

-Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By -Vigil-

Don't forget Steven Moffat's involvement! Jackson, Spielberg, and Moffat for the win!

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By elayem98

Yes!

Love the books, this trailer looks better than the first

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Eyz

O..kay. Where's my SPIROU movie now?!?

spaceboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spaceboy
    @NightFang
    Wait... you like Tintin?
    maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By maxicere

Awesome !!!!!!!!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NightFang3

@spaceboy: Yes way is that a shock.

pedro12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pedro12345

I've no idea why the US has to wait til December to see this, normally it's us Europeans that have to wait for the good stuff after the US debut. Anyway, I went to the movie last night, in glorious 3D.... and for once, the 3D is worth both the extra cost and the effort. So the movie itself... Is it good? It's not good...it's A1 amazing. From the get go, it's a rollercoaster ride that doesn't let up. The colour palette is stunning [especially the ocean shots] the action sequences [and there are loads] benefit 100% from the new technology...there's no way the actors could have performed most of the stunts, and even with CGI they would have looked fake. Absoloutely brilliant from the casting, to the score, to the technology. I'm not a Speilberg fan, but he's done good with this one. Fave character is definitely Haddock... this is in fact Walter Matthau reincarnated...Hysterical. Tin Tin is great of course, the Thompson Twins are a hoot, and Daniel Craig plays a suitably and subtly creepy villain...the movie ends priming us for part 2. I cannot wait for the sequel, bring it on...just don't make us wait too long:)

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Kairan1979

Haddock was cool, and I liked Snowy, but Tintin is just too bland. He is more a plot device than a character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.