On The Set With 'Tintin'

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Images from the set of the upcoming film The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn!

I don't know about you guys, but when I was growing up I absolutely loved the 'Tintin' books. To me, Herge was responsible for writing some of the most wonderful stories I have ever read. I can remember letting my imagination run wild when I allowed myself to be thrown into many of ' Tintin' and ' Snowy's' adventures. You can only imagine my excitement when I discovered that Stephen Spielberg would be behind the film adaptation of the classic comic book series. Check out the pictures below from the set of the upcoming film The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn. The film will be a trilogy series, and the cast will include Jamie Bell as Tintin, Daniel Craig as Red Rackham, Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as Thompson and Thomson, Gad Elmaleh as Ben Salaad, and Toby Jones as Silk.  Images courtesy of FirstShowing.

#1 Posted by Ravn (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly I don't know enough about Tintin, but you seem pretty stoked about it so hopefully it'll be pretty sweet! LOL

#2 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm
#3 Posted by elessar (100 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait!!

#4 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Steven don't screw this up!!!

#5 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

I could be wrong but I don't believe TinTin is that well known a character here in the United States of America.  However maybe this will appeal to kids and be family friendly?  Nothing wrong with that at all. 

I like the Derby hat Spielberg is wearing.
#6 Posted by inferiorego (24633 posts) - - Show Bio

I love me some TinTin! I got so excited when HBO started airing the Canadian television show (about 10 years ago).

Staff
#7 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

can't wait hope it's good ^_^

#8 Edited by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Tintin is new to me, however, Spielberg hasn't made a great movie in a while, so this could be it.

Also, what's with the goofy looking hats?

#9 Posted by Wallace Family (145 posts) - - Show Bio

this should be cool

#10 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs: Wow! 
I totally didn't know! -  And it's a triology! 

I loved Tintin! He's part of may childhood too! 
I don't recal much of this 'Secret of the Unicorn', though.... well I guess I'll go to the library to rent the three books the script is based on.... 
#11 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

I know nothing about Tintin, but from the few things I've read about it, Spielberg seems to be the guy for it.  Personally, I think he should wear a bowler hat ALL the time!!!

#12 Posted by Pheeke (198 posts) - - Show Bio

In belgium i'ts almost a law to love herge and  TinTin (here it's called "Kuifje" after his hairdo), he's the most famous belgian comic writer, i've never been that into his drawings but the stories were ok, we have most of the comics and when i was young there was always the series in mornings. 
i didn't know "bobbie" was called snowy in english, how sweet!
My sister had to make a school project about TinTin ;)
#13 Posted by Surrender Monkey (25 posts) - - Show Bio

In France the dog's name is Milou. And I grew up with Tintin cartoons and comics too since Belgium produced the best French-speaking comics.

#14 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio
I remember Tintin... well aint this some sh!t.. Tintin is gonna be a Live Action Movie... lol
#15 Posted by JLP (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs, You are so right!  I loved Tintin growing up - reading every oversized hard cover edition at my town library.  Can't wait for a Spielberg adaptation.

#16 Posted by Pheeke (198 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surrender Monkey:
hehe "milou" didn't know that ;) well Tin tin is originally in french, he is from brussel in belgium and they speak mostly french there not dutch. 
i think there are a lot of good french comics !
#17 Posted by KCsuperman09 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

love the cartoon i will love the movie

#18 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only mildly interested in a Tintin Movie, but who knows ? I just hope that the heirs of Hergé will not messed this as they almost messed all the franchise...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.