Follow

"What If...?" Timequake

Story arc »

The Time-Twisters posing as the Time-Keepers make a bid to become the the final beings at the end of time, leading to a team of unlikely heroes from Alternate Universes banding together.

Would U Buy It #24: "What If? Timequake"

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
    DateWUBI # 24:View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    10/09/10What If? Timequake(Blog) (Forum)Timequake(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:What If? Timequake.
    Alternate Title:
    • Timequake: What If?
    • Timequake
    Collecting 7 Issues:
    • What If (1977) #1.
    • What If (1989) #24, 35-39
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: What If (1989) #39
    TPB Cover: What If (1989) #39

Timequake is the only unified set of What If? stories that I know of, and I think that fact alone makes it worthy of reprinting. Pretty simply, a group called The Time-Twisters cause some multiversal havoc, trying to be the last people in time. A team of Marvel heroes from various realities has to band together to stop them. The issues relate back to two previous issues of both What If? series, and to two events: Operation: Galactic Storm and Atlantis Attacks. The final issue is where the heroes band together to stop the Time-Twisters.

I included #1 of the 1977 series, and #24 of the 1989 series, because they relate directly to two of the Timequake issues. However, I think I'd put them at the end of the TPB, as "easter egg" extras, rather than at the beginning, in order of publication. I think putting them in the front of the book would break the flow of the Timequake story, and may confuse unfamiliar readers when they don't seem like part of the arc. If this story arc ever does see print, Marvel will more than likely leave those two issues out, but hey, this is my dream, so I'm including them.

For the cover, I'd go with What If (1989) #39, because it shows the Watcher in the background, and doesn't look like it's linked to any one particular scenario.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop
    What If? Timequake
    What If? Timequake

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.