His art sucks

#1 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

He makes Superman look like Wreck it Ralph when he's Clark and an inflatable when he's Superman. I also saw a picture he drew of Daredevil that looked like a pose Greg Land would draw. I couldn't tell if Matt was about to swim or be drawn like a French girl; it was awful. This guy is like the style of Manapul and Chiang mixed with the talent of Liefeld. And ya wanna know the worst part? Unlike Liefeld, he HAS talent!!!!

#2 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a fan either. His Catwoman in The Long Halloween looked too masculine.

#3 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Me personally, I love his style. His simple effective lines that draw not photorealistic characters, but characters with weight and emotion. The good use of shadows and simple shapes to tell an effective story.

#4 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

The weird part is, usually his women aren't that bad. Usually.

#5 Edited by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by MelissaJones (2 posts) - - Show Bio

For someone whose work "sucks", he's certainly been successful. And won an Eisner. It's a matter of taste, I guess.

Yes, his Cat Woman is amazingly strong.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.