Would he have made a better Baman?

#1 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

If Tim Drake had won BFTC, would you have bought his series? Would he have had a better series? Worse? What do you think?  

I welcome any and all opinions.

#2 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim never wanted to be Batman he only put the Cowl on to stop the fake Batman and show the City good Batman was still alive. He would have always turned it over to Dick. But Tim does become an insanely awesome Batman in Titans of The Future where he has killed Batman and all of Batman's villains as well as capturing and Subduing Deathstroke of the Time and killing Superboy 

#3 Posted by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a little more green than Dick, but Tim has proven his detective skills and he's proving just how good he is with his hit list in Red Robin.  Even Dick sees Tim as his equal, and Dick has been trained for this most of his life unlike Tim.

#4 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Walker said:
" He's a little more green than Dick, but Tim has proven his detective skills and he's proving just how good he is with his hit list in Red Robin.  Even Dick sees Tim as his equal, and Dick has been trained for this most of his life unlike Tim. "
Tim is superior to Dick in Detective skills as well as strategy and computers But Dick is a better fighter. Dick has more training but not better and obviously he has been trained longer but Tim has been in training since he 12 which is a long time 
#5 Posted by Dr.Strange86 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce said that Tim was going to be Batman someday..................................but today is no that day.  
Maybe next time. ;)

#6 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly can't picture Tim as Batman. Maybe its his age, I just can't picture it. 

Not disrespecting Tim, I love the character, but he's not Batman... He's better ;P

#7 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember an issue, can't recall which one, where Tim talked about putting in his time as Robin and then calling it a day. It was before his father was killed and other stuff hit the fan, but I liked the idea of a hero his part and getting out.

#8 Posted by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio

He's too young

#9 Posted by cbishop (7119 posts) - - Show Bio
@ForbushBug: That was in a conversation he had with Nightwing, in the Nightwing series.  At the time, Chuck Dixon was angling Tim towards being Blue Beetle for awhile (I tell about it here [shameless plug, I know]).
#10 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, maybe if he was older?

#11 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8737 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim should not become Batman.

#12 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim could be a great Batman; I'll give him that but I still think that Dick was the better choice, like Tim himself said:

"As much as Bruce loves me, the first born will always be the first born"

Dick earned the mantle of the Bat, not only during BFTC but through all of his carreer, there is no single human being that can replicate the human feats of Bruce other than Dick and this is proven by the fact that storywise he was able to keep Gotham safe good enough to earn the mantle even if Bruce is back, Morrison revealed that in the return one-shot we'll see Bruce realize that Dick did just a good job as him but without so much personal cost or losing himself in the darkness.  Sales wise, I don't think that Tim and Damian would have even remotely the same dynamic as Dick and Damian and that Tim wouldn't have been able to earn twice as many books as Bruce

#13 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8737 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
" , Morrison revealed that in the return one-shot we'll see Bruce realize that Dick did just a good job as him but without so much personal cost or losing himself in the darkness.   "
so Morisson has decided to lie to us readers. Gotcha.

#14 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach:

How did he lie?
#15 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim would probably do better than Dick, if he was old enough.

#16 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick was always meant, at some point in his life, to become Batman

#17 Posted by PK Atomsk (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Tim would have been a better Batman, but at the same time I think he would have been too much like Bruce.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.