Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

will Tim Drake ever become batman?

• 79 results
    Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Skewer

Considering that Scott lobell is writing him and how that's going I seriously doubt it.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By fodigg

@Skewer said:

Considering that Scott lobell is writing him and how that's going I seriously doubt it.

Maybe Lobdell will let Tim be "Red Batman."

whoohoo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By whoohoo789

heres how it would go bruce would give it to dick who [skipping jason] would hand it over to tim who once he was done would give it to damien who as we all know would train terry.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By selinaky

He would be a good Batman, but I don't think he wants to be Batman.

darth_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By darth_jones

Only in a parallel universe or alternate timeline:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#56  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

No. DC will never permanently get rid of Bruce. They might recycle the whole "kill Bruce and have him replaced with a Bat-Family member" again down the road using Tim or bring an alt universe where Tim becomes Batman into prominence but thats about it.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@blackadamFTW: ya i think Damian is batman by birthright

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

If anyone is going to become the new Batman, it's going to be Damian Wayne or Dick Grayson

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By VampireSelektor

@Nightwing1 said:

Bruce Wayne himself said if anyone was to take over the mantle of the bat he would want it to be Tim Drake

Where and when?

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By serpent222

@darth_jones said:

Only in a parallel universe or alternate timeline:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I'm surprised there is less mention of this. And in that continuity, that Batman returns multiple times. For a while, at least, it is their main future, not an alternate one.

Avatar image for dicksihavestudied
    dicksihavestudied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"But he is still young even though he has been bruces partner longer then any other robin"

Sorry, this is minor and me being petty, but that's just not true. I know Tim said something to that effect in a Red Robin (I think) comic, but that was a writer's mistake. It had to be! In the pre-reboot universe, Dick was definitely Robin longest.

Publication wise it's

Dick: 1940-1984

Tim: 1989-2009 (short break in 2004)

Age wise, let's start with Tim. He was 13 when he started (A Lonely Place of Dying) and 17 when he became Red Robin. That's only four years.

Dick was originally 8 when he started (he mentions this in NTT #39), but that's varied. Sometimes he's ten (Secret Origins #13), sometimes he's 11 (the Grimm storyline in Legends of the Dark Knight). And sometimes he seems to be 12 (Year Three, I think).

He quit being Robin at 19 in NTT. He quit being Bruce's full-time partner when he went to college, presumably at 18. So that's anywhere from 6 to 10 years as Bruce's partner.

Minor, but that comment the writer had Tim make really bugged me because it just wasn't true.

LoveChunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theredkid: I've been searching and searching for the artist who drew that image of Tim holding the gun to his head. It's excellent, but I could never remember the comic I saw it in. Please please please tell me more about this future heroes arc this is the closest I've got.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#64  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@lovechunks: the jl are killed prompting the younger heroes to become darker , tyrannical versions of their mentors. Tim is a fugitive Batman who kills crooks using the gun that Joe Chill used on Bruces parents and is being hunted down by commisioner babs Gordon. He also used to date Bette Kane who is the new Batwoman

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theredkid

"But he is still young even though he has been bruces partner longer then any other robin"

Sorry, this is minor and me being petty, but that's just not true. I know Tim said something to that effect in a Red Robin (I think) comic, but that was a writer's mistake. It had to be! In the pre-reboot universe, Dick was definitely Robin longest.

Publication wise it's

Dick: 1940-1984

Tim: 1989-2009 (short break in 2004)

Age wise, let's start with Tim. He was 13 when he started (A Lonely Place of Dying) and 17 when he became Red Robin. That's only four years.

Dick was originally 8 when he started (he mentions this in NTT #39), but that's varied. Sometimes he's ten (Secret Origins #13), sometimes he's 11 (the Grimm storyline in Legends of the Dark Knight). And sometimes he seems to be 12 (Year Three, I think).

He quit being Robin at 19 in NTT. He quit being Bruce's full-time partner when he went to college, presumably at 18. So that's anywhere from 6 to 10 years as Bruce's partner.

Minor, but that comment the writer had Tim make really bugged me because it just wasn't true.

When it comes to beeing "bruces partner" Tims time is technically much shorter than this. Tim stopped to regulary team up with Bruce around Knight Fall, which is set quite early in his career, probably less than two years, and was from this point on mostly a solo hero. And there were even extended periodes of time where he had no contact with Bruce (No Man's Land, Fugitive, after War Games, when Tim was in Brentwood ...). Im don't think his effective time as Bruce partner is much longer than Jasons, maybe even shorter.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@aahz: Tim was Bruce's partner longer than Jason.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By dernman

No all Robins should become something of their own when they get older.

What I see is Batman skipping the Robin generation and one of the Robins training to new Batman. They become the new Alfred.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps it just my immense love of Tim Drake but I think he is the best candidate for the Batman mantle, second only to Dick Grayson of course.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not in the near future but possibly

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: Tim was Bruce's partner longer than Jason.

He was longer Robin. When I comes to they time he spent as Bruce partner. Jason was in principle full time working with Bruce. Tim on the other hand didn't had contact with Bruce for extended periods of time during his Robin career, and mostly lived with his family and not at Wayne manor.

It comes of course down to the question how long Jason was exactly Robin, but that is something thats impossible to answer. My assumption (for the pre flashpoint continuity) is that he lived for roughly 2 years with Bruce, and I don't think that Tim had effectively much more time with him.

And in the new 52, they were all Robin only for a very short time, so there is anyway not a big difference.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: 1.5 -2 years sounds accurate.I think Tim was Robin for 5 years and so was Dick in the Pre-Flashpoint continuity.

To answer the thread:

We already have Tim as Batman Beyond and it kinda sucks.

In the immediate run Dick is the only true successor.

If we're using the killer Drake from Titans Tomorrow then I'd rather not see that loser again,Damian from the 666 time line is infinitely better.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: 1.5 -2 years sounds accurate.I think Tim was Robin for 5 years and so was Dick in the Pre-Flashpoint continuity.

Based on the age he was Robin for 4 years (started to train at 13 and became Red Robin at 17) if you go by the time that should have passed in universe it was probaly much longer.

Dick was imo longer with Bruce since he started younger than Tim and was afaik already 18 when he left for collage.

I also think that in general Dick (as the oldest and most experienced) is the logical successor should Bruce retire at this point, and when if Bruce retires in the far future it will be most likely Damian (as the youngest). Tim and Jason will only be the ones under special circumstances. For example if Dick can take over and Damian is still to young.

But I have to add that right now Jasons, is imo the best choice to stand in as Batman. Dick has to much going on with Spyral and Damian and Tim are to young/small. And iirc Jason was (according to Catwoman) in BftC the most convincing Batman imitator.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Well you must not like Drake that much, I personally enjoy Tim Drake has Batman Beyond but that's just me.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: You make it sound like Tim spent no time with or around Bruce at all, if was Robin longer than Jason then wouldn't technically make him Bruce's partner longer? I know Tim spent more time on his own has Robin than the others, but just cause he didn't live with Bruce like Jason did. Doesn't meqn he spent no time with him, I remember Tim living off and on in the Manor from time to time. But yes he spent more time on his own.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Aahz

@theheaven_guardian10 said:

@aahz: You make it sound like Tim spent no time with or around Bruce at all, if was Robin longer than Jason then wouldn't technically make him Bruce's partner longer? I know Tim spent more time on his own has Robin than the others, but just cause he didn't live with Bruce like Jason did. Doesn't meqn he spent no time with him, I remember Tim living off and on in the Manor from time to time. But yes he spent more time on his own.

He didn't just spent more time on his own, like I said before there were long periods of time were they had no contact at all (Knightfall, No Man's Land, Fugitive, after War Games, when Tim was in Brentwood), and if you really look in the comics you will hardly find any after Knightfall, where Tim really acts a partner/sidekick for Bruce. He was most of the time just an ally like Nightwing or Batgirl.

If we roughly estimate that Tim was only half the time with Bruce (which seems reasonable) he was effectively just Bruce partner for 2 years, which is comparable to Jason.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: Oh ok the way you explain it makes a whole lot more sense and I agree, but taking all of that into the account. Wouldn't that make Tim more qualified for the Batman mantel ?

BloodBlunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly doubt it, he's not dark and broody enough

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Could he? Yeah. He's got the skill. Will he? Probably not. If they ever boot Gordon out of the role or kill Bruce off again, they'll probably just stick Dick back in the cowl.

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, i wouldnt want him to. First, bruce is never stepping down, he is a fan favorite and its just not happening in a permanent way. Maybe Tim could fill the shoes for a while but i doubt it.

To this day pre 52 Tim remains my favorite character in DC, and i felt it was a crime getting rid of all his character development with this cash grab they called new 52. Red robin was a fantastic run, and i cant help but feel DC took a dump on the character by giving him to lodbell. Who changed his name, his parents, his personality, his set of skills and talents, his background, and p. much everything else. Tim drake isnt even his real name in new 52. I can only wish the real tim drake is shown to us, witnessing the death of this impostor, if at all possible.

Helidokter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: His name is Batman, and this is not his best day

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.