Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

will Tim Drake ever become batman?

• 79 results
    ultimatejones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ultimatejones

if he does when it happen soon or is it gonna take years?

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Crimson Eagle

I do not think so. I don't think he is the "Batman" type.

batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By batman_is_god

Why is Batman's title always handed around like a bong at a white guy's apartment? Does any other a lister play musical chairs with his costume as much as Batman? Is it because he has no super powers?
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By daredevil21134
    @batman_is_god said:
    "Why is Batman's title always handed around like a bong at a white guy's apartment? Does any other a lister play musical chairs with his costume as much as Batman? Is it because he has no super powers? "

LOL...thats so true
    jukeboxheroabc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jukeboxheroabc
    @batman_is_god: I think the Flash mantel is the only other one that seems to be like that, just not quite as often
    Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

you never know but he will have to grow a lot over the years to fill Batman's boots. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

In stories that take place in the future? Yes. Present stories? No.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By TheCrowbar

I'm hoping he becomes Damian's Joker...

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By RedK

in  an old issue of the JLA batman invisioned a future where Tim took over the mantle

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By karrob
    @primepower53 said:
    "

In stories that take place in the future? Yes. Present stories? No.

"
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Primmaster64
    @RedK said:
    " in  an old issue of the JLA batman invisioned a future where Tim took over the mantle "
    Really?
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iLLituracy

I foresee some mediocre writer finding him useless and killing him off for shock value, so no.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RedK
    @Primmaster64:
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Tim as Batman and Bruce's son as Robin.
    you can see definate elements of Tim's inventivness is his suit, as for Robin it is Bruce's son but they don't name him and this was done way before he knew about Damien.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Primmaster64
    @RedK: What's the name of the issue?
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RedK
    @Primmaster64:  it was issue 8 & 9 of JLA, the story involved the Key trapping the JLA in their own fantasy worlds
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By PowerHerc

Nope.  He won't become Batman.
    transportive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By transportive

It's possible, but I don't think it'll be any time soon, if he does. After Dick, he's the next logical character to take the mantle, once he's older. But as of right now? He's young, they don't need another Batman (they've got enough), and he's asserting his own individuality. He's gone to a darker, more "Batman-like" place over the last while, but he's also striking out on his own.

I do think it's possible in the future, though. He resents who future!Tim was in the arcs where we've met Batman!Tim, but at the same time, he knows that having a Batman is necessary. He'd take the role if no one else (deserving, in his mind, and just) were filling it.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheCrowbar

Honestly when Tim gets old enough, I think Dick will step down and either become Nightwing again or be International Batman when Bruce steps down.

Avatar image for themilkywaydude
    TheMilkywayDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By TheMilkywayDude
    @TheCrowbar:
    This all totally depends on whether bruce would be willing to give it up anyway
    theredkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By theredkid

tim drake is the only truly diserving replacement for bruce. sure he wasnt the first robin but that dosent matter. he was the only robin to train just like bruce did bruce even comments that he will and is aspiring to be the worlds greatest detective. But he is still young even though he has been bruces partner longer then any other robin people dont realize that the writers have been putting him on that path for years. he didnt strike out on his own for the same reasons dick did tim realized that he was beyound being robin that it was damians turn to grow. And as a tim drake fan im glad they did it hes ready to do the independent crime fighter gig hes smarter than bruce and better trained then dick and is willing to do that ever it takes.( put a gun to his own head in the future heroes arc it was epic) 
     and the comments bout him getting killed off for shock value is bull just cause you dont realize how big tim is dosent mean you can just bad mouth a character that many love for no reason. hes the only member of the bat family to save the world on a massive scale besides bruce bye realizing that bruce was alive and traveling threw time and preventing the omega sanction which was also and awsome arc. i just wish people appriciated him more.
    Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By VampireSelektor

@theredkid said:

"tim drake is the only truly diserving replacement for bruce. sure he wasnt the first robin but that dosent matter. he was the only robin to train just like bruce did bruce even comments that he will and is aspiring to be the worlds greatest detective. But he is still young even though he has been bruces partner longer then any other robin people dont realize that the writers have been putting him on that path for years. he didnt strike out on his own for the same reasons dick did tim realized that he was beyound being robin that it was damians turn to grow. And as a tim drake fan im glad they did it hes ready to do the independent crime fighter gig hes smarter than bruce and better trained then dick and is willing to do that ever it takes.( put a gun to his own head in the future heroes arc it was epic)  and the comments bout him getting killed off for shock value is bull just cause you dont realize how big tim is dosent mean you can just bad mouth a character that many love for no reason. hes the only member of the bat family to save the world on a massive scale besides bruce bye realizing that bruce was alive and traveling threw time and preventing the omega sanction which was also and awsome arc. i just wish people appriciated him more. "

Eh, the only Bat-title Drake is worthy of is World's Greatest Detective. Other than that, Tim would fair poorly compared to Dick. Which is fine, as I've always seen Tim as a more active Oracle, a role fulfilled in Red Robin.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#22  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @theredkid said:
    "tim drake is the only truly diserving replacement for bruce. sure he wasnt the first robin but that dosent matter. he was the only robin to train just like bruce did bruce even comments that he will and is aspiring to be the worlds greatest detective. But he is still young even though he has been bruces partner longer then any other robin people dont realize that the writers have been putting him on that path for years. he didnt strike out on his own for the same reasons dick did tim realized that he was beyound being robin that it was damians turn to grow. And as a tim drake fan im glad they did it hes ready to do the independent crime fighter gig hes smarter than bruce and better trained then dick and is willing to do that ever it takes.( put a gun to his own head in the future heroes arc it was epic)  and the comments bout him getting killed off for shock value is bull just cause you dont realize how big tim is dosent mean you can just bad mouth a character that many love for no reason. hes the only member of the bat family to save the world on a massive scale besides bruce bye realizing that bruce was alive and traveling threw time and preventing the omega sanction which was also and awsome arc. i just wish people appriciated him more. "

this pretty much sums it up. 

and he didnt even need some heavy tragedy to strike in order to don the suit. he just wanted to help batman
    Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By saiyan_earthling

That's Bruce Wayne's decision, maybe Dick's as well since he was Batman before.

Hot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hot
    Why not ? Then he'll pass his mantle to Damian.
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RedHoodJT

I think he deserves to be Batman yes. But not yet. It took them years, so to speak, for them to make Dick batman. Dick was Nightwing and on his own in Bludhaven for quite some time before the events leading up to, and after, Battle for the Cowl. And to be honest after seeing how the world turned out in that Teen Titans story where Tim was Batman, i think that it scares Tim a little bit to become Batman. I think that he is afraid of becoming that person. So I think that he will need to grow and mature a bit more. In that Teen Titans arc he was about the age he is now as Red Robin. So yes and no.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BatteredArmor
    @theredkid said:

I agree with you on so many levels but I think what makes you right also makes you wrong tim is very deserving of the bat title but i think hes to similar to bruce for the writers to have him be batman the fans would eat them alive for having 2 nearly Identical bats thats why Grayson got it. Tim needs a new title without robin in it though so we can look forward to that in a few years
    Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Skewer

The was a moment in the superman/batman titles when a batman from the future appeared and joined a massive battle, but was originally ment to be terry megginis. It ended up being tim drake as a result of a misprint.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thespideyguy

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By blackadamFTW

No.

Dick would take over until Damien was an adult, then he would take over.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

No he won't. Even if he was given tHe cowl, he wouldn't truly be Batman. Same with all the other Bat-sons.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Although, I'm honest enough to say that I would completely ignore that fact if Tim ever did take on the cowl again....

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eternal19

i think Dick is the rightful heir to the cowl

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FatihBATMAN

@theredkid really nice post! Respect.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vernierhawk001

@theredkid said:

tim drake is the only truly diserving replacement for bruce. sure he wasnt the first robin but that dosent matter. he was the only robin to train just like bruce did bruce even comments that he will and is aspiring to be the worlds greatest detective. But he is still young even though he has been bruces partner longer then any other robin people dont realize that the writers have been putting him on that path for years. he didnt strike out on his own for the same reasons dick did tim realized that he was beyound being robin that it was damians turn to grow. And as a tim drake fan im glad they did it hes ready to do the independent crime fighter gig hes smarter than bruce and better trained then dick and is willing to do that ever it takes.( put a gun to his own head in the future heroes arc it was epic) and the comments bout him getting killed off for shock value is bull just cause you dont realize how big tim is dosent mean you can just bad mouth a character that many love for no reason. hes the only member of the bat family to save the world on a massive scale besides bruce bye realizing that bruce was alive and traveling threw time and preventing the omega sanction which was also and awsome arc. i just wish people appriciated him more.

Better trained than Dick? Hmm......

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vernierhawk001

Honestly, I don't think so. It seems like all of the recent "this is the future" stories that I have seen show Dick as the next Batman followed by Damian. Tim is a great detective (possibly second only to Bruce) and quite possibly the most like him out of all of his sons. That being said, maybe that's why he doesn't get the cowl. I can see him stepping in for Dick every once in a while (when Grayson is on vacation or something) but I just don't see it. SO what does he do in the future? I don't know

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SmoothJammin

@vernierhawk001: I see Tim's skill tree landing him one of three roles in the future, from least to favorite:

A.)The Question

B.) Blue Beetle

C.) Oracle

He'd easily make a much better Question than a Batman

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim as Batman? No. I think that with Batman Reborn and everything up until Bruce's Return its finally been made inexplicably clear that Dick's the one to take over for Bruce should he ever fall. He's Bruce's heir

tyco6300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tyco6300

I think that he would be Batman! And make a sweet Batman! It would be similar to Dick Grayson because he would have to be written differently than Bruce.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vernierhawk001

@SmoothJammin said:

@vernierhawk001: I see Tim's skill tree landing him one of three roles in the future, from least to favorite:

A.)The Question

B.) Blue Beetle

C.) Oracle

You haunt other forums!

Does the Question do anything other than be paranoid? I think that could be the death of Tim Drake's popularity though I like the idea of him taking the mantle another hero has left behind. Intriguing. And I do think its possible for him to "suit up" as the Bat every once in a while when Dick goes full time (even grayson needs a vacation, right?)

@SmoothJammin: @Nathaniel_Christopher: I was wondering if i should go "get" you guys to comment on this. You already came! lol.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SmoothJammin
    Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vernierhawk001 said:

@SmoothJammin said:

A.)The Question

B.) Blue Beetle

C.) Oracle

You haunt other forums!

Does the Question do anything other than be paranoid? I think that could be the death of Tim Drake's popularity though I like the idea of him taking the mantle another hero has left behind. Intriguing. And I do think its possible for him to "suit up" as the Bat every once in a while when Dick goes full time (even grayson needs a vacation, right?)

@SmoothJammin: @Nathaniel_Christopher: I was wondering if i should go "get" you guys to comment on this. You already came! lol.

lol we're everywhere.

If Tim became The Question, I think that'd put him on the fringes of the Bat Family. Not because no one would like him or anything, but because The Questions that type of character. I'd expect to see him spend a lot more time on his own and for the detective aspect of his character to take over. I think it'd be a big shift. Not necessarily bad, but big.

Blue Beetle? I'm going to just be honest and say I don't know much about any of the Blue Beetle characters to comment.

Tim can be Oracle. That is something I am 100% behind, and if we're being honest i'd rather see an Oracle Tim than a Red Robin Tim.

mzultan17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mzultan17

@Skewer said:

The was a moment in the superman/batman titles when a batman from the future appeared and joined a massive battle, but was originally ment to be terry megginis. It ended up being tim drake as a result of a misprint.

do you remember the issue? I've been searching for this one and the one where they hint in the future of how they saved terry mcginnis as a baby.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vernierhawk001
    vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vernierhawk001

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@SmoothJammin said:

A.)The Question

B.) Blue Beetle

C.) Oracle

You haunt other forums!

lol we're everywhere.

If Tim became The Question, I think that'd put him on the fringes of the Bat Family. Not because no one would like him or anything, but because The Questions that type of character. I'd expect to see him spend a lot more time on his own and for the detective aspect of his character to take over. I think it'd be a big shift. Not necessarily bad, but big.

Blue Beetle? I'm going to just be honest and say I don't know much about any of the Blue Beetle characters to comment.

Tim can be Oracle. That is something I am 100% behind, and if we're being honest i'd rather see an Oracle Tim than a Red Robin Tim.

Yeah....I think the Oracle thing could be a nice touch.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Id say no... He cant.. And wont, I think It would be a little too irresponsible

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@ultimatejones said:

if he does when it happen soon or is it gonna take years?

Tim Drake doesn't want to be Batman. Tim became Robin originally because he saw that Batman had a need for a Robin. In the wake of Jason Todd's death, Bruce Wayne fell into a self-destructive spiral. Robin is a grounding figure for Batman, keeping him away from the edge. It's a better bet that Damian Wayne (like him or hate him) has a future as Batman (yes, there is already an alternate future where he's Batman). Damian has no real purpose in life outside of the mission and fulfilling his father's legacy.

badaboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By badaboop

Nah

Nightwing1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nightwing1

Bruce Wayne himself said if anyone was to take over the mantle of the bat he would want it to be Tim Drake

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

He can't be Oracle cuz that's a chick name.

constocorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By constocorp

@ultimatejones: I think Tim should be Batman because he never left the Robin Identity he was forced by Damian

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.