Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

Why has Tim drake barely appeared with the batman family

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By jayskee

He's was Robin and is still connected to Bruce in the new dcu. So why has he barely been in or mentioned any batman

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I agree we have not seen him too much with the Bat family. Maybe as the Dc reboot settles in more we will get to see him with other members of the Bat family.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Superguy0009e

the reboot kind of separated him from the rest of the bat family, but he was huge in the 90's

SecretKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By SecretKnight

IIt probably has something to do with him being with the Teen Titans. He should have gotten a series over some of the people who got one though.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

I'm assuming that Drake feels abandoned by Brucey and Co. after Dick chose Damien to be robin. I could be wrong, but that's how i've always felt ever since he became Red Robin, since he never wanted to part from the role of robin, he was forced to create it

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

The obvious and most likely partial reason is because Tim is running around the world with a group of endangered untrained possibly untrustworthy teenage meta-humans who he happen to be leading. It is note worthy that logically the bat family members would be the ones stopping by to visit him instead of the other way around as it wouldn't be very practical for him to abandon aforementioned metas to visit people he has seen recently and most likely don't require his assistance. There are several reason's Lobdell has avoided guest stars from the bat family story wise the last thing the mysterious Red Robin (none of the team have heard of him before excluding Bunker so he's pretty low profile in the new 52) needs is a visit from world famous allies Batman, Robin, or Nightwing (not sure how famous Batgirl or Batwoman is this time around) this would instantly create interest in him and Tim's face isn't exactly off the web as soon as someone feels using a computer to discover who he is the whole batfamily's cover is blown but nobody seems intrested in Google images right now so this isn't currently an issue but as soon as Batman shows up it will be. 2 it would be a distraction and probably stunt story growth for a issue. 3 none of the missing bat fam will show up until there is a valid reason for them not to join Lobdell probably doesn't want Cass or Steph on the team at this point. 4 Here is one of the most important points a week before Batman#1 hit the stands the writer gave an interview to comic vine in the interview he mentioned that he had meetings with the rest of the writers writing bat characters the only writer not mentioned by name and without some teaser of what they had discussed was Lobdell so its relatively likely that Lobdell for one reason or another is not in discussions with them about him using one of there characters or them using Tim or Jason. Furthermore in Catwoman #1 as soon as Catwoman's apartment goes up in flames Bats is there helping her....well having sex with her but he tried to help in Teen Titans #1 Tim's apartment goes sky high as well so you could assume that Batman tried to see if he was alright to but it would appear that he didn't there could be multiple explanations for this 1.it wasn't in Gotham so Bruce either didn't hear about it or couldn't make time to investigate or reach it. 2. He trust Tim's ability's and isn't worried about him 3. He's been in contact with him via emails or something similar this would also explain why Bruce's computer recognized Tim's membership in the Teen Titans in Batman#1. 4. Bruce is the world's greatest detective but Tim is arguably the world's second greatest and if anyone could cover their tracks from Batman it's Tim Tim is covering his tracks so N.O.W.H.E.R.E can't find him he could either be accidentally or purposely throwing Bruce off his tracks so he doesn't know where he is and Bruce has bigger problems than hunting him down at the moment. At the end of the day the writers just haven't set up Tim guest staring or a bat family member appearing up in the Titans

citysiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By citysiren
    Glad to know I wasn't the only one wondering this! =D But, yeah there pry going to use the excuse that he it too busy with the Teen Titans and N.O.W.H.E.R.E....hopefully we'll see him with the rest of the Bat-Family soon!  

@SecretKnight said:

IIt probably has something to do with him being with the Teen Titans. He should have gotten a series over some of the people who got one though.

Yes! I totally agree with you. I was going crazy when I first figured out Tim wasn't going to have his own series and yet somehow (not going to mention any names) other characters did. Nice to see you think the same :)
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @BlackArmor: I'm sure he was in New York when the apartment went up but I could be wrong. 

Also Tim was in Batman #1 (or was it Detective Comics, there are so many bat books)
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BatteredArmor

@spiderbat87: This wasn't specified but I imagine that Tim didn't stop for long after his apartment blew up and that he moved on to wherever wondergirl was before Batman could get from Gotham to New York and Tim has been moving ever since so Bruce hasn't had the time to catch up. I noted his appearence in Batman #1 as a likely reason why he hasn't had many other Bat Family appearances why would he drop what he is doing to visit people he has seen recently and probably don't need his help

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @BlackArmor said:

@spiderbat87: This wasn't specified but I imagine that Tim didn't stop for long after his apartment blew up and that he moved on to wherever wondergirl was before Batman could get from Gotham to New York and Tim has been moving ever since so Bruce hasn't had the time to catch up. I noted his appearence in Batman #1 as a likely reason why he hasn't had many other Bat Family appearances why would he drop what he is doing to visit people he has seen recently and probably don't need his help

I'm almost 100% sure it said he was in a Lex Corp building in New York
    EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EscGamer

yeah he was in a lexcorp building. i think his appearance in Batman #1 was before going to new york. His plan for fighting against N.O.W.H.E.R.E. was the teen titans and he always tells Batman what moves he plans to make. well at least on a need to know basis.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i think it would be a cool twist if Tim and Batman weren't on speaking terms, sort of like if Bruce disowned him or something, seeing as how they were so close pre flashpoint

Avatar image for mistersarcastic
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mistersarcastic

Well if the Red Robin comics have any connection still, perhaps things are still icy between him and Bruce. Remember B-man wasn't too happy with Tim when he manipulated and nearly killed Captain Boomerang in the last issue...dude was pretty disappointed and Tim practically blew it off.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By htb106

he'll be showing up more soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.