Why do most people hate Red Robin new costume

• 59 results
#1 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does everyone I talk to seems to hate the new Red Robins costume or at least prefer his old one. Its not that bad. I personally like it and I find it a more useful and cooler uniform for Tim to have. What do you guys think? New Red Robin costume or old one

Red Robin
#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to love the new one but the more i thought about it the more i missed the Cowl. Cowls are the best mask. But i still love the wings throw on the Cowl and remove a little red (how can he be stealthy with so much red) and alter the cape so it's both wings and a cape he can rap around himself like he always did in the past ,and it's the perfect costume for him

#3 Posted by SmoothJammin (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

Much cooler if he adds a cowl

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13640 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim's not a cowl guy : )

#5 Edited by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i admit i do miss the cowl but Im definitely feeling the wings. The wings have proven useful as well as looking cool

@BlackArmor

I see your point. It'd b harder to be stealthy with so much color on him. Tims smart enough to figure a way around that tho.

#6 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

Cause he looks like a Vegas show girl?

#7 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogue_mar1e said:

Cause he looks like a Vegas show girl?

Haha!

#8 Posted by Deadcool (6818 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHat happened to him?!!!!

His old suit was awesome!!!

;________;

#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12083 posts) - - Show Bio

Becuase he looks like a Dargg Queen version of Harvey Birdman a very cheap one, i have to add.

#10 Edited by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

I really just don't like either of them. The former is a typical Alex Ross effort and ends up looking more like Dr. Mid-nite than anything else. The latter is very "90s" with the thin, pointless belts all over it. I'd much prefer a spin on his black-and-red Robin costume:

Or when he just had the red shirt:

It does look better on the interior of the book but I'm definitely not digging the design.

For full disclosure, however, I should mention that I just dislike the Red Robin moniker generally.

#11 Edited by The_Tree (7879 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind the new one, but I prefer the old one.

I like the old costume because it makes Tim look more mature, and the cowl hides his identity better, plus I just think the old one looks cooler.

#12 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

I did love the old one.

But to all things must come an end.

I'm good with the new one. I prefer the old, but that time is passed. There are plenty of heroes who no longer wear my favorite iteration of their costume.

#13 Posted by Izaiah (5238 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm liking the new costume better than the old.

#14 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8164 posts) - - Show Bio

@Izaiah said:

I'm liking the new costume better than the old.

^ Yeah this

#15 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2923 posts) - - Show Bio

How can anyone hate the new costume?
Tim Drake has a goodlooking costume for the first time. It even looks better then his black Batman costume with the red bat on the chest, he was imagining for a moment!

#16 Posted by JediXMan (31251 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the wings. Ditch them and it's fine.

#17 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
Well I like the wings tho. They do come in handy  they  act as a shield, enable flight and they can double up as a cape if needed
#18 Posted by The Stegman (25538 posts) - - Show Bio

it's fine...i just don't like his hair

#19 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't even see him having the costume longer i actually hate it he's not tim he's a cheap archangel minus real wings

#20 Posted by wallywest55 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

the new red robin suit is garbage. Red robin has a cowl. The new red robin costume not only has no cowl he has wings for no raisin. He also has lil not cool pants. I dont know, everything about his costume is poorly designed and they should of just kept him the exact same. He also is poorly drawn too. Makes tim just not look cool anymore.

#21 Posted by JediXMan (31251 posts) - - Show Bio
@soccersss said:
@JediXMan said:
Well I like the wings tho. They do come in handy  they  act as a shield, enable flight and they can double up as a cape if needed
They just look really, really stupid.
#22 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@soccersss said:
@JediXMan said:

The wings do look stupid and they coulda been better designed but other than that I just feel that having wings can be a bonus to him
#23 Posted by saturnssailor (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: I agree, but they can be useful. I wish that they weren't there except for when he needed them and when he didn't they just went compact.

#24 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13640 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:
How can anyone hate the new costume? Tim Drake has a goodlooking costume for the first time. It even looks better then his black Batman costume with the red bat on the chest, he was imagining for a moment!
you must be buggy. Tim has almost ALWAYS had good costumes. 
#25 Posted by Loki9876 (3053 posts) - - Show Bio

i also liked the old one but the new one is okay

#26 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I'm not kidding when I'm telling this... I have dreamed with the wings.. (well no for he) he looks awesome to me, and yeah I miss a little the cowl but i'm between happy/mad because I became crazy when he took off his cowl (too hotness for me :F) and now without cowl I'm crazy I read Teen Titans like: :I - :) - :) - :o - :0 - :O - :D - :f - :F- :FF - :FFF - :D - :D - :) :) - :F- :D - :D -

PD: turn your head please and the F is spit

#27 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12083 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss said:

@JediXMan said:
@soccersss said:
@JediXMan said:
Well I like the wings tho. They do come in handy they act as a shield, enable flight and they can double up as a cape if needed
The wings do look stupid and they coulda been better designed but other than that I just feel that having wings can be a bonus to him

If i remember well, there is an sketch book made by Bruce Way with the design of his ideas for the Batman suit and the Robin suit, he explaind that Batman work, but birdboy dont.

If i remember well, was during the comic where Damian became atman, well before he was part of the main continuity.

#28 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

The new suit would be cooler if the wings, when not acting as a cape, wrapped around his body as his cape did.

#29 Posted by papo (173 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like a sidekick

#30 Posted by Noctis (1396 posts) - - Show Bio
I prefer the new one! but even more so, I much prefer Arkham City Robin!
#31 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

If he's going to wear that much red as someone into stealth and intimidation it should at least be muted red not the clown bright color he's wearing. there's no cowl. i love the wings but he can't rap the cape around him like a cloak anymore. there's no cowl. if Tim's using wings for effectiveness his whole costume should be more of a super suit and it should look like a super suit. there's no cowl. he looks to much like nightwing when lined up next to him. finally ther's now cowl......did i mention a lack of cowl

#32 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
Seems familiar... 
#33 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Well his other one was classicish.

#34 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

This suit is much better.

I kinda hated his previous one.

#35 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it better than the cowl >_<

#36 Posted by Saren (26027 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his new costume. Steph was right, the old one made him look like Dr. Mid-Nite.

#37 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny, when Tim became Red Robin the costume got tons of hate now he's changed it every one says they liked it and hate the new one.

#38 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

I like his new costume. Steph was right, the old one made him look like Dr. Mid-Nite.

Given how great Mid-Nite is, that's a good thing. :P

#39 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

LOL.

The funny thing is that Tim probably looked the best out of anyone else on that cover. Biker Superboy, I mean really?

#41 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: Yeah lol, was not a fan of that, especially considering how much of a departure it is from his other book, which is odd, considering that Lobdell is writing both.

Overall, I'm not overly fond of the art and am close to either dropping or trade-waiting. I'm just cursed by comic OCD, where if I start reading an arc I have to finish it >_<

#42 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall, I'm not overly fond of the art and am close to either dropping or trade-waiting. I'm just cursed by comic OCD, where if I start reading an arc I have to finish it >_<

Yeah, as a big Titans fan I have to say that while I'm appreciating what Lobdell's attempting to do, he's doing it through all the wrong ways. We're halfway through the arc and we have no team, we know none of the characters, we don't know whose got what powers, we don't know origins. The arc is just full of holes and the characters are completely, but unfortunately I'm suffering from exactly the same problem, I have to finish this arc. Have to say though, I have high hopes that the book gets better by the second arc because Lobdell has got my total respect since RHATO #4.

#43 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@Morpheus_: Yeah lol, was not a fan of that, especially considering how much of a departure it is from his other book, which is odd, considering that Lobdell is writing both.

Lobdell said that after Superboy left NOWHERE he was going to lose the red and black suit and I presume when he joins the Teen Titans he was going to be wearing the "biker" outfit but Lobdell has recently said the red and black costume has grown on him and he is considering keeping it. 
#44 Posted by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

The old one looks really cool and is in a detective style while the new one si really silly and wings aren't for Tim.He is a guy that looks really cool with cowl.

#45 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

I love the red and black costume, as spiderbat said above Lobdell says he considers keeping it, which should be an obvious choice.

I have # 3-4 for TT and Superboy but I haven't read them yet. I liked the first two issues for both series, though.

#46 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Lobdell said that after Superboy left NOWHERE he was going to lose the red and black suit and I presume when he joins the Teen Titans he was going to be wearing the "biker" outfit but Lobdell has recently said the red and black costume has grown on him and he is considering keeping it.

Yeah and I agree.

#47 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

I love the red and black costume, as spiderbat said above Lobdell says he considers keeping it, which should be an obvious choice.

I have # 3-4 for TT and Superboy but I haven't read them yet. I liked the first two issues for both series, though.

Doubt you have issue #4 of TT, but issue #3 of TT was a huge letdown. I was hoping for Bunker to have more of a unique character and though I don't have anything against the character, none of the other newly made characters are sparking my interest either.

#48 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Doubt you have issue #4 of TT, but issue #3 of TT was a huge letdown. I was hoping for Bunker to have more of a unique character and though I don't have anything against the character, none of the other newly made characters are sparking my interest either.

My bad, I was going off memory since I have plenty of New 52 issues from the past month that I have but I have not read.

Do you enoy Superboy? Has Rose done anything noteworthy since last I read the series? I know she'll be fighting Superboy in a few months.

#49 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34370 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Morpheus_ said:

I'm liking every thing in TT so far, the only thing I vehemently wish is that Lobdell had been aloud to make Aqua Lad one of the "core four" Teen Titans like he wanted to.
#50 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

I'm liking every thing in TT so far, the only thing I vehemently wish is that Lobdell had been aloud to make Aqua Lad one of the "core four" Teen Titans like he wanted to.

Core Five, but yes. Aqualad isn't appearing anywhere is he? I think he's only going to join after he appears in Aquaman.

@Morpheus_ said:

My bad, I was going off memory since I have plenty of New 52 issues from the past month that I have but I have not read.

Do you enoy Superboy? Has Rose done anything noteworthy since last I read the series? I know she'll be fighting Superboy in a few months.

Yeah I know :P

I'm not the right guy to ask, I've only read issue #1. Its in my catch up pile, right after two issues of Frankenstein, All-Star Western and Men of War

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.