who would win in a fight tim drake or jason todd?

#1 Posted by ultimatejones (42 posts) - - Show Bio

when i say this i mean one on one no weapons no interferences just them fighting 

im asking this because last tim the fought it looked as if tim won but then it tured out that tim was stabed in the chest
#2 Edited by Miss Marvel (117 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, I'm not just saying this because i'm a big Tim Drake fan but if it came down to those two fighting, without any weapons (guns or bo staff or all their other gadgets) I think Tim could beat Jason. Jason my out weigh him in strengh and the will to kill but Tim is smarter (and in my opinion) more skilled. Don't get me wrong, Jason gots some sick moves but Tim's got better ones =) 

#3 Posted by velle37 (6058 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason is portrayed as the better fighter........
#4 Posted by daredevil21134 (11560 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
"Jason is portrayed as the better fighter........ "
#5 Posted by Blindside002 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it could go either way, the same as if any of the three Robins were pitted against each other. Personally I favor Tim Drake just because I feel he could out think Jason strategically in the end to make up for whatever disadvantage he is at combat wise. 

#6 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5442 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
" @velle37 said:
"Jason is portrayed as the better fighter........ "
"

#7 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

tim because for one ever time they have fought jason had to use technology to beat him two tim is alot smarter and three tim has had better training
#8 Posted by velle37 (6058 posts) - - Show Bio
@jayskee said:
"tim because for one ever time they have fought jason had to use technology to beat him two tim is alot smarter and three tim has had better training "

First time they fought Jason didn't use any technology. Tim even threw sand in his eyes, and Jason beat him. 

When they fought in BFTC The only real prep used was a bomb that didn't critically injure Tim. Tim later used a crowbar on Jason. Jason still won. 

Though in a separate event Tim kicked Jason in the balls and walked away. 

If anything Tim fights dirty (crotch shots, poisoning Shiva), but Jason is portrayed as the better matial artiist and more willing to kill.
#9 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Round ONE ...
FIGHT
Jason Todd Wins :D

#10 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd would win. Not only has he beaten him twice before (once unarmed) he is roughly on par or even better than dick grayson as he beat him twice and Dick Grayson beat him once and he has stood toe to toe with batman for an impressive amount of time.

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (57976 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd

#12 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jason.

#13 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9011 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say it is close but Jason. 

#14 Posted by velle37 (6058 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96 said:
"Jason Todd would win. Not only has he beaten him twice before (once unarmed) he is roughly on par or even better than dick grayson as he beat him twice and Dick Grayson beat him once and he has stood toe to toe with batman for an impressive amount of time."

He didn't beat grayson twice. 

He "stalemated" him once in Outsiders. 

Was beaten by Grayson in BFTC. 

And in Nightwing solo series Jason whispered to Nightwing to not beat him in front of everyone or he would reveal his secret identity, so Grayson faked a loss.
#15 Posted by gammasan55 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Tim, he's my favorite Robin and one of my favorite characters of all time...the thing is Tim's a better detective/crime solver. Jason is the better fighter.

#16 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5442 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim's more of a thinker than he is a fighter (though very good), while Jason is not just a better fighter, but also more violent and has the killer instinct.

#17 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
"@jayskee said:
"tim because for one ever time they have fought jason had to use technology to beat him two tim is alot smarter and three tim has had better training "
First time they fought Jason didn't use any technology. Tim even threw sand in his eyes, and Jason beat him.  When they fought in BFTC The only real prep used was a bomb that didn't critically injure Tim. Tim later used a crowbar on Jason. Jason still won.  Though in a separate event Tim kicked Jason in the balls and walked away.  If anything Tim fights dirty (crotch shots, poisoning Shiva), but Jason is portrayed as the better matial artiist and more willing to kill. "

If you're talking about what I think you are, this would be when the teen titans confronted Jason on the Death of Duela Dent. A bunch if Titans were gathered around Jason asking him about it. With the likes of Donna and Cassandra Sandsmark there, he had no chance of winning which is why he wouldn't act hostile. This culminated in Tim Drake kicking him in the balls before turning away. This tells us nothing about their fighting skills. 

On to topic, I think it could go either way becasue generally Jason Todd would have an edge over Drake because of the use of weaponry he has. The OP said no weapons, in his most recent battle as you have mentioned the bomb didn't critically injure Tim but it threw him off balance enough for Jason to get a few shots in no? Also we must keep in mind that he was using a sharp Batarang and  had home field advantage. He used the Batarang to cut Tim at various spots while hiding in the environment.  Not to mention the final blow couldn't have been done without a batarang.   

Not to mention that Tim should have a superior intelligence and Technology to Jason, even with Jason having the street smarts.  

Not saying Tim would win, just bringing new thoughts into the thread.
#18 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37: He beat him in Batman and robin and in the nightwing series story brothers in blood
#19 Posted by velle37 (6058 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96 said:
" @velle37: He beat him in Batman and robin and in the nightwing series story brothers in blood"

He didn't beat him in Brothers in Blood. 

In their fights, it was noted that Nightwing was holding back, by one of the crime bosses (it's even more noted in BFTC when Nightwing is continuously telling himself in his mind to calm down, after he broke Jason's nose, and Jason was edging him on telling Dick that he killed Tim). 

Then when Dick was having his modeling shoot, Jason told Dick not to beat him, because that would reveal his identity. So Dick faked losing. 

In Batman and Robin I remember Jason shooting Dick in the chest after he was distracted by Damien being endangered, but i don't remember Jason beating Dick in martial combat.
#20 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

There was a stalemate...with Dick and Jason...but anyway

#21 Posted by wokattack (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd by knock-out in the third round. Then he gets a two-by-four in the head from behind, courtesy of Damian Wayne.

#22 Posted by TimDrakeRedRobin (357 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37:
dude, jason threw sand in Tims eyes so he could win
#23 Posted by WhiteLightning (39 posts) - - Show Bio

When Tim fought Jason in the Titans Tower he was only 16, and was not very skilled, yet he was able to hold his own for a substantial amount of time. As Batmen he was beating Jason but Jason stabbed him with a batarang. Now, Tim has learned to make harsh decisions like Jason, improved his fighting, and it was said because of his Genius IQ, he can quickly spot an enemy's weak spots(like Karate Kid). I doubt Jason could survive a fight with The Council of Spiders, WHILE protecting a helpless girl. It has to go to Tim.

#24 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say that although I am a Jason Todd fan. Jason is the better skilled fighter. Tim can't match Jason's fighting skills unless he has the bo staff or some type of weapon equaling the odds. Jason can't win without knowing the fighting area and having something like a concealed weapon to help out. Tim would out think Jason the exact same way that Peter Parker does against Venom. Or the way that Batman always wins over Bane. With that said Jason, with no weapons or gadgets, wouldn't stand a chance. Brains wins over brawn every time. Just ask Bane.

#25 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of the robins Dick is the most natural acrobat Tim is the most natural detective and exluding Damien Jason is the most natural fighter (by default Damien is the most naturally scary and intimidating)

Im a tim fan but Jason would win by a lot

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.