Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

Update: Tim Drake's Origin in Teen Titans #0

• 63 results
    JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By JakeN7

@comkid100: EXACTLY! When Batman said: "He is NOW Tim Drake." I was like WTF!? I'm surprised this quote hasn't been talked about more.

Okay, the run-down:

1.His being a gymnast doesn't bother me too much except for the fact that it's way too much like Dick, and Tim was one of the most unique and original Bat-Family members out there.

2.The fact that he never figured out Batman and Robin's secret identities pissed me off immensely

3.When he stole Penguin's money to get Batman's attention, he put those he loved in danger and that is something the original continuity Tim would never do.

4.His birth last name was never Drake, that is just his new witness protection last name...Really!?

5.His parents being alive doesn't REALLY bother me...but it just feels off and forced. What's a Robin without dead parents?

6.Never mind...Tim wasn't really ever a Robin anyways so I guess it doesn't matter that his parents are alive.......NERD RAGE!!!!!

Obviously I'm upset at Scott Lobdell's New 52 take on my most beloved comic book character, but I appreciate the slight nods that Scott Snyder and Pete Tomasi have been giving to the original Tim. (See Batman #1 and Batman and Robin #10)

I think Scott Lobdell acted very immaturely in his overall reaction to the criticisms he received in regards to the way he has written Tim Drake and that definitely shows in this forum. The way he immediately attacked you about your hygiene was pathetic.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By TheMess1428

@JakeN7: Hey I just want to thank you for your support and I hope you continue to like my show and support it.

As for the Drake name change, I didn't even notice. Thanks for mentioning that.

And as for what you said to Scott, I have to disagree with you on what you believe he wanted to do. I think he did all of that intentionally was trying to make excuses for himself. I like Red Hood and the Outlaws too. And I will probably like his Superman. But I am not going to entertain the thought that he could be a victim in this process. He has justified his writing time and time again. He doesn't deserve forgiveness. He just needs to work better at Teen Titans.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Outside_85

@TheMess1428 said:

He has justified his writing time and time again. He doesn't deserve forgiveness. He just needs to work better at Teen Titans.

Wheres the like button?

darth_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By darth_jones

Wow! This thread is bonkers!

Totally loved the review too

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By JakeN7

@TheMess1428: Oh absolutely. In no way do I think he is a victim. I guess I was just trying to be optimistic.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Mucklefluga

This thread is so so so so funny. It has made my day much better and i was having a good day! ;D LOVE IT.

Avatar image for rest_in_peace_ted_k0rd
    rest_in_peace_Ted_K0rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Bump bumpety bump! More Comic Vine drama please for me to read. :P

Magmaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know it's been over a year and I'm still angry about this.

Pre-New 52 Tim is still my favorite comic character and what I liked so much about him was his origin, he was essentially a Robin fanboy who worked hard enough to convince Batman to bring back Robin while also being smart enough of deduct the identities of Bruce and Dick which in my opinion made perfect sense.

The new origin feels completely unneeded and makes the character a lot more boring, they basically toned down everything that made the character awesome, that will power to be Robin he's lost it.

Instead he's now just a whiny teenager (which also bothers me because he was incredibly likable) who was pretty much forced into being Red Robin because Bruce is kind of more of terrible person now.

In my opinion Scott Lobdell was not a good choice for Titans he's just not good at writing likable characters which is what I look for in the book. Instead it feels like they're all assholes because they're teenagers who have no idea of right or wrong, are incredibly reckless and it questionable why these heroes are heroes in first place!

Black_Robin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Black_Robin

You know it's been over a year and I'm still angry about this.

Pre-New 52 Tim is still my favorite comic character and what I liked so much about him was his origin, he was essentially a Robin fanboy who worked hard enough to convince Batman to bring back Robin while also being smart enough of deduct the identities of Bruce and Dick which in my opinion made perfect sense.

The new origin feels completely unneeded and makes the character a lot more boring, they basically toned down everything that made the character awesome, that will power to be Robin he's lost it.

Instead he's now just a whiny teenager (which also bothers me because he was incredibly likable) who was pretty much forced into being Red Robin because Bruce is kind of more of terrible person now.

In my opinion Scott Lobdell was not a good choice for Titans he's just not good at writing likable characters which is what I look for in the book. Instead it feels like they're all assholes because they're teenagers who have no idea of right or wrong, are incredibly reckless and it questionable why these heroes are heroes in first place!

THIS emphatically!!!! They wiped out his whole connection to the Bat-Family and the dynamics he created made him such a great character.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Aahz

@jaken7 said:

1.His being a gymnast doesn't bother me too much except for the fact that it's way too much like Dick, and Tim was one of the most unique and original Bat-Family members out there.

Beeing a good gymnast isn't such a unique ability of Dick, Barbara was iirc also very good at sports. And technically Dick was a circus performer and not an olympic athlete (i don't recall any comics about Dick beeing in a competition).

@jaken7 said:

3.When he stole Penguin's money to get Batman's attention, he put those he loved in danger and that is something the original continuity Tim would never do.

This and many other things on this new origin (for example his parents) has much more similarity with Lonnie Machin (the first Anarchy) than with the original Tim Drake.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JakeN7

Oh look. That thread where Lobdell let his true colors show in the most rude, unprofessional way possible. F*** that asshat.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Aahz

@Tims gymnastic abilities

In "A Lonely Place of Dying" (Tims original origin story) it is stated by Alfred that Tims acrobatic ability is quite remarkable and almost as brilliant as Dicks. So Tim being a good gymnast before his training is no change of his abilities.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.