Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

Tim's new origin?

• 75 results
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By -Eclipse-

WHAT?! I heard a rumour about none of the new Titans having ever met before, but I thought that was just a rumour, or that it meant an entirely new roster... But going by that summary in the OP, it sounds an awful lot like Tim, Cass and Bart have NEVER met each other before... Which means, I guess, that they've never met Conner before either? That is BULL! What is the freaking POINT? Yeah, reboot the unpopular characters if you like, but people love the Titans! Erasing their history together is NOT going to attract new fans, it's going to ALIENATE their old fans! 

And if Tim doesn't have any ties to Batman, I'm done with DC. I don't care how good the other series are in this reboot or how much I love Damian Wayne, if they do this to Tim and the Titans then I am DONE until everything goes back to normal. UGH! I wasn't actually hoping that the reboot would be erased until right now.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By cascadeking09
    @-Vigil- said:

When talking about the new Teen Titans #1, IGN posted: "Tim Drake is forced to step out from behind his keyboard when an international organization seeks to capture or kill super-powered teenagers. As Red Robin, he must team up with the mysterious and belligerent powerhouse thief known as Wonder Girl and a hyperactive speedster calling himself Kid Flash in TEEN TITANS #1, by Scott Lobdell and artists Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund." 

Extrapolating from this, it sounds like Tim is a computer nerd/hacker that set out on his own as a superhero - with no ties to Batman - to help out super-powered teens at the urging of only his conscience, forming the Teen Titans in the process. I wish this was some kind of ongoing Elseworlds title instead of the new status quo, but this actually sounds PRETTY DANG AWESOME.   What do you guys think?

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By cascadeking09
    This too
    @-Eclipse- said:

WHAT?! I heard a rumour about none of the new Titans having ever met before, but I thought that was just a rumour, or that it meant an entirely new roster... But going by that summary in the OP, it sounds an awful lot like Tim, Cass and Bart have NEVER met each other before... Which means, I guess, that they've never met Conner before either? That is BULL! What is the freaking POINT? Yeah, reboot the unpopular characters if you like, but people love the Titans! Erasing their history together is NOT going to attract new fans, it's going to ALIENATE their old fans! 

And if Tim doesn't have any ties to Batman, I'm done with DC. I don't care how good the other series are in this reboot or how much I love Damian Wayne, if they do this to Tim and the Titans then I am DONE until everything goes back to normal. UGH! I wasn't actually hoping that the reboot would be erased until right now.

Avatar image for mistersarcastic
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By mistersarcastic
    @cascadeking09 said:
    This too
    @-Eclipse- said:

I feel your pain and I agree...COMPLETELY 
    Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By Duo_forbidden

Hey Tim, Falcon just called. He wants his costume back.

kimeraevet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By kimeraevet

This whole Flashpoint reboot feels like a Wildstorm rehash in DC pages. I really like the idea of this, but some of the character reboots sound like a stray thought and not a coherent idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

WTF is this sh#t? This is crap. 

Avatar image for timdrakeredrobin
    TimDrakeRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By TimDrakeRedRobin
    @The Dark Huntress said:

....not sure how I feel about this

agreed =/ i guess we will see...
    jukeboxheroabc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jukeboxheroabc

Perhaps he still has ties to the batfamily, but up until now was the "oracle"character. How else would he have the tech and training to be Red Robin. Red Robin could be a stolen prototype of Dicks xD

xscarletkittie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#61  Edited By xscarletkittie

His origin is going to stay the same, at least in terms of being Bruce's former sidekick. If the solits at Bleeding Cool are correct, that is.

Clue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Clue_

Now I'm curious as to why Wonder Girl is a thief...

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#63  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

tim is confirmed to still be Batmans former sidekick
    Clue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Clue_

Can we get a reason why he has those dumb wings now?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Clue_ said:

cause flying is awesome
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#66  Edited By Mercy_

@Clue_ said:

Read an interview somewhere (can't remember for the life of me where) earlier today where they said they'd worked up multiple designs for him and that capes were forbidden, but they didn't want him getting left in the dirty by flying teammates. So they gave him the wings and a jetpack that allows bursts of flight. The wings also function as bullet deflectors, apparently.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By cascadeking09
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    Really?
    Clue_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Clue_
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@Clue_ said:

Read an interview somewhere (can't remember for the life of me where) earlier today where they said they'd worked up multiple designs for him and that capes were forbidden, but they didn't want him getting left in the dirty by flying teammates. So they gave him the wings and a jetpack that allows bursts of flight. The wings also function as bullet deflectors, apparently.

Capes were forbidden...? What? Capes are a staple, especially at DC, and all of Tim's designs have had a cape involved. Even so...a jet pack and wings? It's just not Batman Family-ish. At least not ALL the time to the point where it's integrated into their default uniforms. 

I'll give it a chance because they cleared up that his history hasn't changed that much...but most of the Titans designs and new characters look like they bite.
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By Green Skin
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@Clue_ said:

Awesome!
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#70  Edited By Mercy_
    @Clue_ For him. Not overall. I think they were trying to keep it entirely separate from his previous costumes.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @cascadeking09 said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    Really?

yup yup
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Duo_forbidden said:

Hey Tim, Falcon just called. He wants his costume back.

Tim called back and explained that he has the badass one an that falcon simply had the bad one. Falcon later admitted that he knew that, he just hoped that by gaining Tim's costume that some of Tim's badassery would rub off on him. 

djotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 367

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By djotaku

looks like http://www.comicvine.com/news/dcs-young-justice-september-2011-solicits-teen-titans-static-shock-more/143195/ confirms he's still Batman's former sidekick!  woohooO!

-Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By -Vigil-

Update! According this Bleeding Cool interview with Scott Lobdell, writer of the upcoming Teen Titans series, this isn't nearly so much of a reboot as I had suspected, but there WILL be changes to the continuity - such as the Titans never having met before. Check out the article, it answers a lot of questions.

@Clue_ said:

The above interview explains the wings. It certainly doesn't seem as if capes were forbidden, though. Plus, I'm with Avenging-X-Bolt, I actually like the new costume. It's not as good as the current Red Robin outfit (then again, what is), but it's friendlier, which I like.
    Mockingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Mockingbird
    @djotaku said:
    looks like http://www.comicvine.com/news/dcs-young-justice-september-2011-solicits-teen-titans-static-shock-more/143195/ confirms he's still Batman's former sidekick!  woohooO!
    Okay, yeah, I agree. Tim is so much more than just a foil for Batman, and he's a character that could stand alone, but you're right, it is cool that they're not changing that. In spite of what I said earlier about Bruce not needing Tim because he has Damian and presumably Dick and Jason, Bruce and Tim have a different kind of relationship.

@-Vigil- said:
    Update! According this Bleeding Cool interview with Scott Lobdell, writer of the upcoming Teen Titans series, this isn't nearly so much of a reboot as I had suspected, but there WILL be changes to the continuity - such as the Titans never having met before. Check out the article, it answers a lot of questions.

@Clue_ said:

The above interview explains the wings. It certainly doesn't seem as if capes were forbidden, though. Plus, I'm with Avenging-X-Bolt, I actually like the new costume. It's not as good as the current Red Robin outfit (then again, what is), but it's friendlier, which I like.

Yes, it certainly looks like there will be at least a few continuity changes. On the subject of Tim's new costume the wings are cool in a way, but I'm not too sure about them.
    jukeboxheroabc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jukeboxheroabc

In a couple of other posts on Comicvine there have been intervies where Tim is mentioned to be related with the Batfamily. Perhaps we need to wait and see how Red Robin ends before jumping to conclusions;

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.