Tim Drake's Roll in the New DCU?

#1 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

With the return of Barbara Gordon as Batgirl I think it's highly possible that Tim could become Oracle. Tim has the intellect, computer skills, and detective skills to serve as the roll. Oracle's become an essential part of the DCU and I can't imagine the DCU's heroes without somebody serving that role, now that Babs is up and walking again, why not Tim?

#2 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see that happening.  "By day, Tim Drake is an intrepid junior executive at Wayne Enterprises, but by night, he is the mysterious Oracle, information broker to the superhero community at large!"
I am trying to remain optimistic about this reboot.  Its still too soon to make calls about it, it could go either way, I don't think all the titles have been announced yet.
Hopefully we'll hear something about the Milestone characters, in their press release DC did say they want to do more with diversity, I know it didnt look that way on the Justice League cover, but there are supposed to be 14 members, we don't know who all of them are.  
Now would also be the perfect set up to reestablish the Marvel Family.  I don't care if the Shazam kids stick around.
I also have yet to hear about Power Girl, Zatanna and Blue Beetle, I dont want Ted to come back at Jaime's expense.  Its bad enough that Dick is being demoted back to Nightwing.
I also want to hear about the Legion as well.  They've really grown on me, Levitz has been doing a great job with them and now deadman is starring in adventure comics instead of legion academy.  If they are going back to number one that would be fine, but if they are being retconned away that would suck.

#3 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Tim will direct the Outsiders

#4 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Either the Outsiders (like MrUnknown stated) or the Teen Titans. Or maybe Young Justice?

#5 Posted by coolbeans (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Robin has been an extremely underrated series.  It was my personal favorite this year and I'm really worried about what this reboot has in store for Tim.
#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13176 posts) - - Show Bio
@GundamHeavyarms said:
I could see that happening.  "By day, Tim Drake is an intrepid junior executive at Wayne Enterprises, but by night, he is the mysterious Oracle, information broker to the superhero community at large!" I am trying to remain optimistic about this reboot.  Its still too soon to make calls about it, it could go either way, I don't think all the titles have been announced yet. Hopefully we'll hear something about the Milestone characters, in their press release DC did say they want to do more with diversity, I know it didnt look that way on the Justice League cover, but there are supposed to be 14 members, we don't know who all of them are.   Now would also be the perfect set up to reestablish the Marvel Family.  I don't care if the Shazam kids stick around. I also have yet to hear about Power Girl, Zatanna and Blue Beetle, I dont want Ted to come back at Jaime's expense.  Its bad enough that Dick is being demoted back to Nightwing. I also want to hear about the Legion as well.  They've really grown on me, Levitz has been doing a great job with them and now deadman is starring in adventure comics instead of legion academy.  If they are going back to number one that would be fine, but if they are being retconned away that would suck.

dick being Nightwing again is not a demotion.
#7 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like it if Tim became the new Blue Beetle.(minus the scarab) Tim was a BB/Ted Kord fanboy from what I remember, and if he carried on the tradition it would be neat. He winds up deducting the clues  that led to Kords fate, and somehow Batman comes into contact with the new Beetle & acknowledges him, complimenting his abilities as a good detective. Tim should be late teens and work as an intern for Kord Omniversal somewhere in a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises. Eventually he uncovers his employer Bruce Waynes secret identity as Batman(but Bruce already knows Tims alternate ego) and the two grow a fond of each other with BB joining up with the bat family. So now you got Batman & Robin, Blue Beetle who frequents the mansion(hope he gets his parents back with the revamp), Nightwing(in Bludhaven I pray), Batgirl, and what looks to be Red Hood and the Outsiders.

#8 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind Tim doing the oracle thing except then he wouldn't really be the Tim I know and love, the one who was trained to fight by Shiva.

#9 Posted by TimDrakeRedRobin (357 posts) - - Show Bio

If this happened...i would digitally punch you in the face for jinxing it x[ i would be so pissed if Tim wasnt in costume...atleast i now know thats not the case...but still! i pray he gets his own title...
#10 Posted by TheRedRobin (226 posts) - - Show Bio

TIm should stay as Red Robin as far as I'm concerned.
#11 Posted by cascadeking09 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheRedRobin: Agreed.
#12 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
With the return of Barbara Gordon as Batgirl I think it's highly possible that Tim could become Oracle. Tim has the intellect, computer skills, and detective skills to serve as the roll. Oracle's become an essential part of the DCU and I can't imagine the DCU's heroes without somebody serving that role, now that Babs is up and walking again, why not Tim?
I didn't really give this any serious thought until yesterday when I read Gates of Gotham. SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content. 

This makes a lot of sense and coalesces with the solicit for Teen Titans: SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content. 

I wouldn't mind seeing this at all. It's a perfect fit for Tim, and I think it's a role that could really show case his strongest traits. I've been saying since the news that Babs is going back into the suit that the Bat-family needs an Oracle -- for it to be Tim makes a lot of sense. And, we'll be getting the best of both worlds because we'll see Tim in action in Titans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.