Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

Tim Drake, the man without sin???

saturnssailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By saturnssailor

In Red Robin 22 It says that Tim has no sins and nothing to repent for. Does that seem a little weird to anyone else? He is one of my favorite characters, but I am a firm believer in no one is perfect. He is a very good person and tries to help people, but he still makes mistakes and sometimes he also will do a bad thing for a good reason (ex. lying to his dad to keep his and Batman's identities secret.) 

Tim says that he has no sin. 
    Tim says that he has no sin. 

The sword stabs Tim.
    The sword stabs Tim.

The sword decides Tim has no sin.      
    The sword decides Tim has no sin.      
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DEGRAAF

Also i thought Dick was the one that ended up being sinless? Tim has done some cruel and inhumane sh!t since he became Red Robin
    Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Loki9876

lol now i want to buy that issue

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Timandm
    @saturnssailor: That sounds odd... No sin?  Could it have meant there were no "unconfessed" sins?  Sins that he had not expressed repentance for?
    saturnssailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By saturnssailor
    @DEGRAAF: Tim ended up being deemed unworthy because he didn't believe in God. 
    Unworthy 
    Unworthy 
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @saturnssailor
    and Dick was the one named sinless right? Does Dick or Selina believe in god?
    saturnssailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By saturnssailor
    @DEGRAAF: Sorry, I don't know. I only read the Red Robin one.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By cascadeking09
    I agree, I don't like the wording. They should've said something more like having a pure heart or something. I've seen Tim curse a few times and of coarse there's the lying thing.
    @DEGRAAF said:
    Also i thought Dick was the one that ended up being sinless? Tim has done some cruel and inhumane sh!t since he became Red Robin
    They both were, but they said something about Tim being unworthy because he didn't believe and Dick because he felt guilty about something he did in the past. Like what?
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By fodigg

He probably doesn't believe in the concept of "sin" as a state, since he is an athiest (or agnostic), so he probably doesn't hold any of the guilt associated with sin. And he really has done his utmost to be morally right in all of his actions. I can believe a sword like Azraels wouldn't find a problem with him. It would detect neither moral wrongdoing in Tim's past (nothing to atone for) or any feelings of pent-up "sinfulness" since he doesn't believe in that stuff. 

As for any day-to-day stuff--"thou shall not covet thy brother's batmobile"--I'd say a "tickle" from the sword covers that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.