Tim Drake Red Robin

Posted by buns134 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

He is my favorite hero and i just want to get across that he is more Batman now than Dick will ever be! 

#1 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Wayne may be more like Batman, which is not necessarily a good thing, but according to Brother Eye and many comic book fans out there in the world, Dick Grayson is the greatest hero on New Earth.

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

when did Brother Eye say that?

#3 Posted by NightFang (10135 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
"when did Brother Eye say that? "
            I would like to know that to.
#4 Posted by buns134 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

when did brother eye say that?

#5 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
"@Nighthunter said:
"when did Brother Eye say that? "
            I would like to know that to. "

He said that Dick was one of the only people to be good [not evil] in every universe but nothing was said about him being the best.
#6 Posted by buns134 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

So otherwise TIm is badass and would be better as batman

#7 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by buns134 (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus:  i agree!!!!!!!!!! Go Tim!
#9 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Robin is awesome

#10 Posted by lozer (173 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say one is better than the other but he's my favorite robin. But he's just so...ROBIN! 

Like, I still think of him that way despite him being Red. And Dick I've let go as Robin.

Give me a year and I might like him better.

#11 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad this thread is back Tim is my favorite character as well which most people probably realize by now

#12 Posted by corran132 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree, I think that Dick Grayson is a better Batman. 

PLEASE HEAR ME OUT! 

Dick is not a master detective as Tim is.  What he does have is more experience.  He has been a hero for longer, lead teams of heroes since before Tim was Robin and has (in theory) more history with other heroes making him a better fit for handling the rolls of managing the bat family (which is actually rather large) and working with other heroes.  Since Batman has a large family and did often play a role in inter-hero relations, this is vial for batman.

Tim is a better detective and (in my mind) a more interesting character, but he lacks the experience to lead the Bat family.  Besides which, being forced to put up with Damian would cramp his style.  Tim really is the part of batman that the other heroes fear, but is stronger still as his own entity. 

This does not mean I think Dick should stay as Batman forever? no. (Ras would have to come up with something new to call batman, since 'detective' wouldn't cut it) But I think that as a hero Tim is stronger on his own then he would be with Damian slowing him down. and that NOT being batman for this time gives him a chance to show what he can do outside the roll of "sidekick"

Eventually, Bruce will return.  In the mean time, Dick will keep the family together and Tim will define himself as his own hero, AKA be awesome.

#13 Posted by buns134 (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@corran132 said:

" I disagree, I think that Dick Grayson is a better Batman.  PLEASE HEAR ME OUT!  Dick is not a master detective as Tim is.  What he does have is more experience.  He has been a hero for longer, lead teams of heroes since before Tim was Robin and has (in theory) more history with other heroes making him a better fit for handling the rolls of managing the bat family (which is actually rather large) and working with other heroes.  Since Batman has a large family and did often play a role in inter-hero relations, this is vial for batman. Tim is a better detective and (in my mind) a more interesting character, but he lacks the experience to lead the Bat family.  Besides which, being forced to put up with Damian would cramp his style.  Tim really is the part of batman that the other heroes fear, but is stronger still as his own entity.   This does not mean I think Dick should stay as Batman forever? no. (Ras would have to come up with something new to call batman, since 'detective' wouldn't cut it) But I think that as a hero Tim is stronger on his own then he would be with Damian slowing him down. and that NOT being batman for this time gives him a chance to show what he can do outside the roll of "sidekick" Eventually, Bruce will return.  In the mean time, Dick will keep the family together and Tim will define himself as his own hero, AKA be awesome. "

@corran132:  ok i like your statement tho a detective is what Batman should be tho and Dick doesnt even meet tim half way on the detective scale
#14 Posted by corran132 (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@buns134: I agree completely, but the other side of Batman (which is needed as much or more in the present turmoil) is to rally people together, which Dick is better at.  In a one-on-one comparison as batman, Tim is probabally superior since he is the Detective Batman is known for and isn't above following an investigation wherever it leads.  As a leader of the Bat Family, I think Dick has more experience.  At this point in the story, I think that having a more experienced leader in the top spot is better.  Besides which, I am almost certain this posting for Dick is temporary, so Gotham won't be without the Great Detective for long. 

I'm not saying that Tim would be a worse batman, I just think at this point it's better to have an established leader in the top spot while Tim goes solo.  If I believed for a second that this situation would become perminant, I may feel differently.  That being said, DC seems to like returning to the Status-Quo.  See- the death of Hal Jordan, Superman, Green Arrow, The Flash...
#15 Edited by Mister Sarcastic (34 posts) - - Show Bio
@corran132 said:

" ... In the mean time, Dick will keep the family together a... "

Really? He makes a great job of it.  Tim isolating himself from friends, family, et cetera, Cassie resigned and her whereabouts are unknown and Damian is truly an perfect pupil who respects all the other members of the Bat Family.

Bravo Dick

#16 Posted by buns134 (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mister Sarcastic said:
" @corran132 said:

" ... In the mean time, Dick will keep the family together a... "

Really? He makes a great job of it.  Tim isolating himself from friends, family, et cetera, Cassie resigned and her whereabouts are unknown and Damian is truly an perfect pupil who respects all the other members of the Bat Family.

Bravo Dick

"
that is so true and great!!!
#17 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like Dick Grayson more. I hated Tim until recent. From what information has come out i think he is going to continue as red robin after batman returns. I think bruce will come back and Tim will try to come back under him and Bruce will point out how strong willed Tim is and all that he has accomplished while Bruce was away. Also i know Grayson is still learning how hard it is to be Batman buti think it is a lil exaggerated when stated he isnt even half as good of a detective as Tim. I think Tim is a better than Dick as a detective but not twice as good. Also as he was shown in battle for the cowl, he still has learning to do before he is ready to take on the mantle. He got to emotional about the situation and didnt think straight.
#18 Posted by alphamale73 (69 posts) - - Show Bio
@buns134:  I agree. I love Red Robin. Great book and character.
#19 Edited by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@buns134 said:
" @corran132 said:

" I disagree, I think that Dick Grayson is a better Batman.  PLEASE HEAR ME OUT!  Dick is not a master detective as Tim is.  What he does have is more experience.  He has been a hero for longer, lead teams of heroes since before Tim was Robin and has (in theory) more history with other heroes making him a better fit for handling the rolls of managing the bat family (which is actually rather large) and working with other heroes.  Since Batman has a large family and did often play a role in inter-hero relations, this is vial for batman. Tim is a better detective and (in my mind) a more interesting character, but he lacks the experience to lead the Bat family.  Besides which, being forced to put up with Damian would cramp his style.  Tim really is the part of batman that the other heroes fear, but is stronger still as his own entity.   This does not mean I think Dick should stay as Batman forever? no. (Ras would have to come up with something new to call batman, since 'detective' wouldn't cut it) But I think that as a hero Tim is stronger on his own then he would be with Damian slowing him down. and that NOT being batman for this time gives him a chance to show what he can do outside the roll of "sidekick" Eventually, Bruce will return.  In the mean time, Dick will keep the family together and Tim will define himself as his own hero, AKA be awesome. "

@corran132:  ok i like your statement tho a detective is what Batman should be tho and Dick doesnt even meet tim half way on the detective scale "

Dick is definitely a good detective. Far more than "hlafway on the detective scale."

Tim needed a boost, so intelligence is his gimmick. Dick is still intelligent, he is just now in two shadows smh........ 

writers smh..... readers smh...... 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.