Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

Tim changed his name to Wayne?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

I don't keep up with Red Robin so forgive my ignorance, but I just heard Tim Drake changed his name to Tim Wayne? Didn't Tim have like... a father and whatnot? Why is he so willing to throw away the Drake name?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

He started going by Wayne once he took up the Red Robin mantle. He was pretty pissed with the way the family was so quick to believe Bruce is dead, and that he was sort of pushed out of the Robin mantle. I think him going by Wayne was his own way of keeping the legacy of Bruce alive.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By BatteredArmor

Legally speaking he changed it to Wayne but he still goes by Drake allot

It's Tim Wayne for business (For the perks) and Tim Drake with his friends

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Haaydrian

@nickzambuto: Pre-Crisis he did have a father, which is where his name "Drake" came from. He then came into the Batman family and never took the name Wayne. Eventually he becomes adopted by Bruce Wayne, much like Dick Grayson also was, which gives him the right to assume the name Tim Wayne. He doesn't do so however, as he prefers Tim Drake. However during his tenure as Red Robin, due to the circumstances that follow it, he demands to be known as Tim Wayne. The circumstances being that Tim believes that Bruce isn't dead, but no one believes him.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By renamed040924

@The_Tree said:

He started going by Wayne once he took up the Red Robin mantle. He was pretty pissed with the way the family was so quick to believe Bruce is dead, and that he was sort of pushed out of the Robin mantle. I think him going by Wayne was his own way of keeping the legacy of Bruce alive.

What about his own dad though? He just forgot about him?

Krissyjump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Krissyjump

@nickzambuto said:

@The_Tree said:

Dead.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By renamed040924

@Krissyjump said:

@nickzambuto said:

@The_Tree said:

Dead.

So death is an excuse to just forget his father existed?

4thhorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 4thhorseman

Bruce adopted him, so Tim tends to go by both names.

Krissyjump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Krissyjump

@nickzambuto said:

@Krissyjump said:

@nickzambuto said:

@The_Tree said:

Dead.

So death is an excuse to just forget his father existed?

He didn't forget he ever existed. He was going by both names. As someone else pointed out, he went by Tim Wayne for Business purposes, and Tim Drake with his friends.

Avatar image for freddy_f_freeman
    Freddy_F_Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Freddy_F_Freeman

@4thhorseman said:

Bruce adopted him, so Tim tends to go by both names.

this. after his dad....you know, bruce took him in so he kinda became his son hence the name changing

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Durakken

Actually his name is Tim Drake-Wayne. He only goes by Wayne when he does things with Wayne Enterprises and social Wayne events...

Though it doesn't matter because in post-flashpoint Tim and Dick both are not "adopted"

Seafarinhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Seafarinhare

I know that he went by Wayne to keep an eye on Wayne enterprises and whatnot, for the public eye and obviously because he was officially adopted by Bruce some time ago. But that was in pre-flashpoint. His parents are alive in DCnU, aren't they? Does he STILL go by Wayne? o.O

I'm curious because I really don't read the New 52, at all.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By havoc1201

im pretty sure that even in the new 52 Tim was still adopted by Bruce bc R.I.P is still relavent and all, and dameon hates Tim bc he calls himself Wayne

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I hate the way whole bat family kinda have attitudes towards Bruce he did not force any of them to do this at all. Bruce loves them all and taught them to be strong and gave them all his name and a family to call there own.

I wish Tim still used the name Wayne but I understand why he does not he loved his father and his father died. So it was out of respect which I get.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.