Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

This Just In: New Development for Tim Drake [Spoiler]

• 127 results
    Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Duo_forbidden

Well, I'm ready for the old DC universe to come back now. I was going to give it a chance to overlook that Tim when straight to Red Robin instead of Robin, but after seeing that spoiler, I can't deal with Tim or Teen Titans anymore. Thank you Scott Lobell for pretty much destroying Tim's character even further.

Avatar image for mynemesistotoro
    MyNemesisTotoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MyNemesisTotoro

It's really pretty dumb how upset people get over this stuff. 1. How does this matter much? It could be good but you gotta give it a chance. 2. I thought the scene where his father dies in Identity Crisis was an amazing scene. and 3. In terms of the New 52 as a whole was it supposed to stay exactly the same forever? I'm just rolling with it. My favorite character got an entirely new origin but I still think he's great and I'm gonna give it a chance first. I love the old comics and collect them and keep collecting the new ones too. Get over it. How can they make new stories for new fans with outdated characters? Granted they have to appeal to new AND old fans but seriously he changed one thing. Woah, we better stop reading all DC stuff! *sarcasm*

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Mucklefluga

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK LOBDELL/DC. YOU ARE RUINING EVERYTHING ARRRRGGGHHHHHHH !!!!!!

Jawshco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Jawshco

Man! I hate that DC is the last publisher to make it's comics available on Wednesdays. I want to read this now.

Depending where in timeline that Tim's parents are still alive this isn't that drastic of a change. They were alive (or at least his father was) for years in the Robin comics. (The father died right after No Man's Land right?) I don't really have a problem with this. I just want to see some Steph Brown in Tim's back.story.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Sovereign91001

@MyNemesisTotoro said:

It's really pretty dumb how upset people get over this stuff. 1. How does this matter much? It could be good but you gotta give it a chance. 2. I thought the scene where his father dies in Identity Crisis was an amazing scene. and 3. In terms of the New 52 as a whole was it supposed to stay exactly the same forever? I'm just rolling with it. My favorite character got an entirely new origin but I still think he's great and I'm gonna give it a chance first. I love the old comics and collect them and keep collecting the new ones too. Get over it. How can they make new stories for new fans with outdated characters? Granted they have to appeal to new AND old fans but seriously he changed one thing. Woah, we better stop reading all DC stuff! *sarcasm*

QFT.

No Caption Provided

What do you mean my continuity is not the same?!?!

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#56  Edited By GothamRed

I don't get why people are reacting this strongly, has anyone read the new titans series, it was never really good. This doesn't affect me because the series lost be by issue 2. Tim never being Robin is annoying, but it shouldn't be the reason you give up on the New 52, if you really felt that way you would have felt that way before now.

Honestly people shouldn't blame Lobdell for this either, he wrote that Tim WAS Robin in his first issue, so clearly this was a choice by DC editorial after the fact. The same with Tim's Titans being the first team. I feel bad for Lobdell cause he's been getting undeserved hate for his series while DC keeps screwing him over and contradicting him.

@Captain13: miss martian was in issue one of teen titans, she's there, she's just not relevant yet

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By wowlock

I wouldn't usually go with reactions like that but DAFUQ ?!

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#58  Edited By Mbecks14

@Twentyfive said:

@Mbecks14:Sure it isn't. Tell me what the issue is about. Because what I have been reading for months is fanboys crying about a minor change.

The change is that Batman is now recruiting Tim. Tim was a regular kid who deduced Batman's identity and convinced him to let him become Robin to save him from the dark spiral he was going down after Jason's death. It proved that Tim was a more than capable detective and made him a symbol of hope for Bruce. Now Tim is just another dark haired kid in a red uniform plucked up by Bruce to train. Just like Dick and Jason.

The name change is not what I personally have issue with but I think some people think it eliminates a lot of character development if he never graduated to the identity of Red Robin.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59  Edited By Omega-Man

I for see another retcon/reboot in less than 3 years DC must be feeling the damage from doing bad change. It's not change thats hurting everything it's bad change, I could do a better job than this. These are people getting PAID to do THIS? I could do this for free and do a better layout of a new DC universe.

Nothing makes sense in DC any more, all the books they have are not in the same universe they CAN'T BE, since they don't complement each other. I'll put the low down on it.

Justice league comics

Green Lantern Comics doesn't happen in the same continuity as Justice league it's an entirely different time line if you read it.

Superman comics is in an entirely different timeline from Justice league mainly from relationships that Clark has. He's Suppost to be with WW in Justice League but in Superman comics he's seeing Lucy? also in Superman comics he seemed happier and wanting to enjoy life more in Justice league he's still emo with being lonely.

Stormwatch comics sure it's a wildstorm team originally but with MM on it hell first issue Apollo says MM has been on the Justice League when no one else has been on the team Martian Manhunter has never been on any team but stormwatch again it's in a different time line.

Teen Titans Comics

Red Hood and the Outlaws is a different timeline again from Teen Titans as Starfire has served in the Titans before Roy even asked her if she remembered Garfield and Vic and even Dick so a TT has been before but in TT comics it's the first and only TT team. This is in a different timeline from Teen Titans and Justice league and Ravagers as Vic/Cyborg has never been on the Teen Titans Gar/Beast boy is on the Ravagers never been on the Teen Titans either and Dick/Nightwing has never been on any team at all so it's even in a different time line from Nightwing comics.

Batman, Detective and Dark Knight along with Batman and Robin comics are all in a different timeline from Batman Inc, I have no idea when Batman inc takes place.

This isn't opinion this is FACT. Read them and see if any of them click together at all.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By jointron33

People forget that things like Jason Todd and others' characterization was heavily changed post crisis. Why not Post Flashpoint? These aren't even character breaking changes. Hell, Tim's das was alive when he was Robin, if not his mom. What the hell does this change?

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@MyNemesisTotoro said:

dude in some respects....alright agreed,but this is not ONE thing thats been changed its THE thing the absolute defining point for this this character, if u'v read batman:hush,theres a part where bruce describes the robins(sadly this character has even lost that status) and that single part sums up why tim is so awesome. even in pre 52 he changed his costume from red and green to red and black to honor superboy,he wouldve stayed robin nif not for damien, he even stated it was temporary but anyway frgt abt pre 52.....i just want damien to die,n im not insulting scott lobdells writing, editorials got to stop with these massive changes.yeah the internet blows up it gets hyped n more ppl are inclined to buy the issue but at the cost of the fans happiness,y??

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By GBrutality

fuck lobdell. hack of a writer.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By kid Apollo

i thought that Tim was still a Robin but went as Red Robin to distinguish himself amongst the pack...

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#64  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@TwentyFive: Once again it seems you need to be educated, Tim always being Red Robin is crap because it negates the very thing that made the Red Robin persona special. It was To Tim what Nightwing is to Dick and what Red Hood is to Jason. It was Tim ultimate expression, him finally utilizing his full potential following a path that walked the thin line between hero and anti-hero. With Tim immediately taking that mantle, it removes most if not all the gravity behind it. The explanation of Tom taking it to "set himself apart" is crap because Tim was always light years apart from them. He was the smart one with a non tragic past who became Robin not because someone killed his mommy and daddy but because it was the right thing to do, because Batman needed him but didn't want to admit it. He also had way more leeway than the other Robin's, taking on his own missions he had his own Rogues gallery!?! Something Dick didn't gain until After he became Nightwing and something Jason has NEVER had. But now Lobdell reasoning is "well, he's different because he was always Red now!!! A-hyuck, a-hyuck, a-hyuck". You keep going on and talking crap about fans saying that they don't like change when the truth is that fans hate BAD change. When writer's remove everything that makes a character endearing simply to be different. But hey at least you didn't randomly accuse people of being racist or intolerant for simply not sharing your views. This time anyway.....

Jawshco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By Jawshco

I don't think this one page proves that Batman recruited Tim, and that Tim didn't discover the identities of Nightwing and Batman on his own. That could still happen. It's not odd that Tim's parents would ask Bruce to watch over Tim. They were associates and neighbors.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#66  Edited By ReVamp

@War Killer said:

Tim WAS Robin at one point
    Tim WAS Robin at one point

No he wasn't. Not anymore.

ThreadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ThreadPool

@Avenging-X-Bolt, Very good explaination. Truly spot on. Also how in the world does a baby Damien Wayne put on a cape & cowl Bruce left behind if Bruce has only been Batman for 5 years?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator
    cacarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By cacarl

This was a good issue.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#70  Edited By Lvenger

@Omega-Man said:

Green Lantern Comics doesn't happen in the same continuity as Justice league it's an entirely different time line if you read it.

Happens after the Villain's Journey. The Justice League will go looking for Hal in Green Lantern 13/14 and encounter Baz, the new Green Lantern.

@Omega-Man said:

Superman comics is in an entirely different timeline from Justice league mainly from relationships that Clark has. He's Suppost to be with WW in Justice League but in Superman comics he's seeing Lucy? also in Superman comics he seemed happier and wanting to enjoy life more in Justice league he's still emo with being lonely.

Stormwatch comics sure it's a wildstorm team originally but with MM on it hell first issue Apollo says MM has been on the Justice League when no one else has been on the team Martian Manhunter has never been on any team but stormwatch again it's in a different time line.

Still the same timeframe in that it happens in present day just like Justice League does. The Lucy relationship should be killed off by Lobdell once he starts writing. As for his different personalities, chalk that up to bad writing from Johns and Giffen/Jurgens. As for MM being on the League, this took place in the 5 year gap. Read JL 8.

@Omega-Man said:

Red Hood and the Outlaws is a different timeline again from Teen Titans as Starfire has served in the Titans before Roy even asked her if she remembered Garfield and Vic and even Dick so a TT has been before but in TT comics it's the first and only TT team. This is in a different timeline from Teen Titans and Justice league and Ravagers as Vic/Cyborg has never been on the Teen Titans Gar/Beast boy is on the Ravagers never been on the Teen Titans either and Dick/Nightwing has never been on any team at all so it's even in a different time line from Nightwing comics.

That was due to an editorial mix up from DC. Basically now, the Teen Titans are never supposed to have existed formally in the way they did as Wolfman wrote them. Gar never was a Titan as he's only showed up now. Neither was Victor as he's been a Leaguer for 5 years.

@Omega-Man said:

Batman, Detective and Dark Knight along with Batman and Robin comics are all in a different timeline from Batman Inc, I have no idea when Batman inc takes place.

All the Baman titles, Batman Inc included take place in the current timeline.

@Omega-Man said:

This isn't opinion this is FACT. Read them and see if any of them click together at all.

I've just proved otherwise.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mbecks14

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

You keep going on and talking crap about fans saying that they don't like change when the truth is that fans hate BAD change. When writer's remove everything that makes a character endearing simply to be different. But hey at least you didn't randomly accuse people of being racist or intolerant for simply not sharing your views. This time anyway.....

Oh my god YES!

Avatar image for draketimbizarroredrobin
    DrakeTimBizarroRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not just Lobdell Tagster its a lot of writers there. They are doing the exact opposite of what fans want and they're bluntly lying in their promises to fans to sell comics. http://www.dccomics.com/comics/teen-titans-2011/teen-titans-0 refer to that. I'll copy and paste the text for you.

Focusing on the origin of Tim Drake; how a would be Olympic star and computer genius went on to become Batman’s third Robin.

• Plus: The beginnings of and Bunker.

Written by:

Scott Lobdell

Now mind you that they've already gone into the trade paperbacks to edit so that they say he was only Red Robin after bluntly stating he was Robin. But if you had already edited the trade paperbacks then why is it your still pushing "Robin" in advertisements for your Zero issue if that's not really whats in there? I'm sorry ALL of the DC characters seem to be ruined. Batman's dry and uninteresting not to mention he's not as effective as he should be against Superman. Shazam and Superman not to mention every other character in the DCnU seem to have anger issues (I'm sorry we can't all be Batman.. that makes him less special) And the reboot is complete and utter disrespect to fans and writers hence why they lost a lot of writers. Think about how old that company is and how many times they've rebooted and kept most of the histroy in tact? Now its all trashed? I don't respect them anymore especially since they're lying about what they're doing with a very good character.

I am secretly amused that DC thinks it knows what the fans want better than the fans do. And I can't wait to see the company either crumble from WB's stupidity or this disgusting reboot is crumbled. If its not bastardation of my favorite characters they're in some boring crap no one really wants to read. DC can do a hell of a lot better.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By JamDamage

I think DC is might be trying to make money from controversy. This is just stupid. The new 52 just sucks donkey dick.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By JamDamage

Is there even a debate if Marvel is better then DC now???

darth_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By darth_jones

What is continuity?

DrakeTimBizarroRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well what I find odd is that the Flash gave a letter to Bruce from Flashpoint Batman. I never thought this reboot would last but the flash remembers nothing about it so possibly Bruce still has the letter and that's not our flash? merging timelines does not mean destroying a timeline or else that letter would've never gotten to bruce. Perhpas there is a possiblity that our old favorites are still out there. Y'know like the way we got to see Earth 2 Superman in the crisis on infinite Earth's again and junk. Who knows. All I know is they need to put things back the way they were. For pete sakes Images is good but I wouldn't be considering them competition when your DC. You should be considering Marvel your competition.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Captain13

@DrakeTimBizarroRedRobin said:

It's not just Lobdell Tagster its a lot of writers there. They are doing the exact opposite of what fans want and they're bluntly lying in their promises to fans to sell comics. http://www.dccomics.com/comics/teen-titans-2011/teen-titans-0 refer to that. I'll copy and paste the text for you.

Focusing on the origin of Tim Drake; how a would be Olympic star and computer genius went on to become Batman’s third Robin.

• Plus: The beginnings of and Bunker.

Written by:

Scott Lobdell

Now mind you that they've already gone into the trade paperbacks to edit so that they say he was only Red Robin after bluntly stating he was Robin. But if you had already edited the trade paperbacks then why is it your still pushing "Robin" in advertisements for your Zero issue if that's not really whats in there? I'm sorry ALL of the DC characters seem to be ruined. Batman's dry and uninteresting not to mention he's not as effective as he should be against Superman. Shazam and Superman not to mention every other character in the DCnU seem to have anger issues (I'm sorry we can't all be Batman.. that makes him less special) And the reboot is complete and utter disrespect to fans and writers hence why they lost a lot of writers. Think about how old that company is and how many times they've rebooted and kept most of the histroy in tact? Now its all trashed? I don't respect them anymore especially since they're lying about what they're doing with a very good character.

I am secretly amused that DC thinks it knows what the fans want better than the fans do. And I can't wait to see the company either crumble from WB's stupidity or this disgusting reboot is crumbled. If its not bastardation of my favorite characters they're in some boring crap no one really wants to read. DC can do a hell of a lot better.

Couldn't agree more

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@TwentyFive: Once again it seems you need to be educated, Tim always being Red Robin is crap because it negates the very thing that made the Red Robin persona special. It was To Tim what Nightwing is to Dick and what Red Hood is to Jason. It was Tim ultimate expression, him finally utilizing his full potential following a path that walked the thin line between hero and anti-hero. With Tim immediately taking that mantle, it removes most if not all the gravity behind it. The explanation of Tom taking it to "set himself apart" is crap because Tim was always light years apart from them. He was the smart one with a non tragic past who became Robin not because someone killed his mommy and daddy but because it was the right thing to do, because Batman needed him but didn't want to admit it. He also had way more leeway than the other Robin's, taking on his own missions he had his own Rogues gallery!?! Something Dick didn't gain until After he became Nightwing and something Jason has NEVER had. But now Lobdell reasoning is "well, he's different because he was always Red now!!! A-hyuck, a-hyuck, a-hyuck". You keep going on and talking crap about fans saying that they don't like change when the truth is that fans hate BAD change. When writer's remove everything that makes a character endearing simply to be different.

Well said

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By TheMess1428

For everyone claiming his parents asked Batman, c'mon, be realistic. They obviously asked Bruce Wayne. I need to read this and find out more.

sj_esposito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#79  Edited By sj_esposito

@MyNemesisTotoro said:

I don't want to go too deep down this dark path, but I have to point out that attitudes like this are part of the problem. MyNemesisTotoro, please don't take this as an attack on you personally--you just represent the majority of comics readers and have said something that is indicative of exactly the type of attitude that allows writers and editors to do whatever they want without trepidation.

The so called 'giving it a chance' is a ploy. It's what the Big Two bank on. It's how they make they money and allow creators who are clearly not putting out work that people enjoy to mess around with characters and books and whatever. It's almost a guarantee for them--they know that no matter how shitty the story or how many people complain that they don't like it, that people will buy it anyway. Hell, it's probably the whole reason why comic books are still around to begin with. The guarantee of the customer and reader needs to stop if we want good books. It pisses me off to no end when I come on here and see people complaining about how bad a book was, and yet still plan on buying the book! It's ridiculous. You're wasting your money, and at the same time you're making the problem worse! Why buy stuff that you do not enjoy reading? Because you're favorite character is in it? That's a cop out. We do not need to read books just because of the characters they feature. You're a collector and want a complete collection? Fine by me. But if you're going to still buy the book every month, regardless of how it reads of what the art looks like, then you've not really a leg to stand on when you complain!

Come on, guys. We're better than this. We're better than to allow two companies to take advantage of our readership and patronage. The comic book industry is not what it used to be and instead of just complaining about it, do something. Stop buying the books that you don't enjoy! You hate Lobdell's work? Hate what he's done to Titans and whatever else? The stop buying his damn books! Don't take to twitter and forums and just say that you don't like it--show DC that you don't like by not giving them your money! You think for a minute that DC honchos are sitting around pondering the fact that many people on the internet hate Lobdell's work? You kidding yourself. They are however pondering the sales figures and how much money Lobdell's books are raking in. By that fact alone, the only way affect change is to hit DC and Lobdell (or any other creator) in the finances. Don't give them a damn dollar if for anything that you haven't enjoyed in a few issues. You're money can be much better spent on other books. Here's what I do: for every damn DC that I've dropped since the launch of the New 52 (I'm down to two now), I've picked up something new and gave that a chance. Why? Because it deserves it! Much more so than the crappy books that I hated reading. So, if I make any sense to you at all, go to your shop and don't buy Titans 0. Spend those few dollars on a book on the stands that looks interesting to you.

Sorry for the diatribe. But this has to be said.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I don't really care if his parents are alive or not, but I still think that they need to fix this series up. I use to love the Teen Titans, and it is sad for me to say that I had to drop it. It just didn't have good enough story, and they ruined alot of my favorite characters

neale7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By neale7

Right i'm gonna get straight to the point on this. The only way DC will listen (maybe) to all of the fans that don't agree and are angry at the changes is if you all stop buying the comics. No money will mean a forced approach for DC to see what is wrong with the comics and then address it. You all complain that you don't like the changes but still buy the comics, and then continue to moan. I really don't get it. Why waste your money on stuff that your not happy with? At the moment DC doesn't care what any fans think as long as the dollars keep rolling in and the books still selling. Which is what most if not all of you are doing. You keep giving them money for stuff you not happy with. What you’re buying now probably won't even mater in about 4-5years anyway, as knowing DC, another reboot or overhaul will change everything and make the new 52 irrelevant like what preceded it.

DrakeTimBizarroRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haydenclaireheroes: The Zero's were supposed to be what fixed all these series up. As you see so far in the Green Lantern books there are no origin stories except for for their new lantern though it was promised. I wouldn't mind so much that Tim's parents are still alive as to what that means for character developmnent for a lot of characters? Tower of Babel never happened or Identity Crisis. The first Crisis never happened and where the frack is Earth 2 Superman if the first crisis never happened? I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm coming off as obnoxious but I don't pay for crap and haven't given DC my money in a year. I'll stand in a comic book store and read shit but when it comes down to it top cow is currently getting my money, image is getting my money but DC most definately doesn't. I even find it disgusting they're pushing Nightfall back out even though they retconned the book so that they can make money off of Dark Knight Rises. I'm sorry movie bane and comic bane... don't know about now but Knightfall's comic bane is drastically different from Dark Knight Rises. If the book was worth shoving out for people to buy again when that movie came out it was good enough to keep in cannon.

DrakeTimBizarroRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neale7: Amen. Well for the most part dude they only trimmed things down with Zero Hour or the many crisisees. History and personalities were kept in tact and slightly altered.

UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By UrbanChill

why dont in the next issue of teen titans they state that the entire red robin series of the pre new 52 was all a dream world of tam foxes mind who just so happened to slip in the batcave one day to fall into a coma

DrakeTimBizarroRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@UrbanChill: because it wouldn't just be an insult to Tim's creator or the people who worked him up but it would validate that everything that's ever stayed cannon in DC was a lie and insult those writers and creators even more so than retconning their stuff. Because then you're telling them you're not even good enough to be retconned. You're stuff is fake and this is reality.

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By EscGamer

@Jawshco: dude I'm with you 100% on that statement.I haven't read it yet but I'll reserve my final judgement for when I do. Personally thou Scott is somewhat-kinda-okayish with the writing for Tim and the Titans but I think they should of kept Chris Yost. I did the characters some justice especially Tim.

Taylors005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#87  Edited By Taylors005

@RoboShark said:

People take their comics a little too seriously sometimes. I don't get too caught up on continuity.

agreed

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By sentryman555

@GothamRed said:

I don't get why people are reacting this strongly, has anyone read the new titans series, it was never really good. This doesn't affect me because the series lost be by issue 2. Tim never being Robin is annoying, but it shouldn't be the reason you give up on the New 52, if you really felt that way you would have felt that way before now.

Honestly people shouldn't blame Lobdell for this either, he wrote that Tim WAS Robin in his first issue, so clearly this was a choice by DC editorial after the fact. The same with Tim's Titans being the first team. I feel bad for Lobdell cause he's been getting undeserved hate for his series while DC keeps screwing him over and contradicting him.

@Captain13: miss martian was in issue one of teen titans, she's there, she's just not relevant yet

Yeah I agree that Lobdell is getting some seriously undeserved hate from some people on here. He even stated in an interview before that he originally wrote titans and Red Hood with the assumption that everything that happened, had well....Happened! Tim never being Robin and only being Red Robin shouldn't be that big of a deal. He still fought crime. We should be focusing on the missing characters. A one panel scene where Tim is watching Miss Martian and Raven on a screen does not count as a suitable cameo!

Avatar image for braynehurricane
    braynehurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By braynehurricane

@scuzz2.0: I disagree. I've been enjoying Red Hood immensely. I find Teen Titans at least entertaining. His work on Superboy, while exceedingly different from Preboot, was pretty engaging.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Omega-Man

@Lvenger:

Actually you haven't just because they make edits later on proves they don't know what they are doing. both John Stewart and Guy have stated to have been on the Justice League and haven't, Hal acts nothing like he did in Justice League. And why should they get rid of the Lucy Relationship? Clark has never dated Lucy in any continuity or else worlds he's been with WW a few times and here I thought the new 52 was about being different. Why are you defending them anyway? You have some point to prove or something? if you do I don't want to know.

Also Superman #15 thats gonna come out in a couple of months time Lex Luthor is in it and from the cover he's in prison. why is he in prison? Lex hasn't appeared since Action comics first saga and even then he wasn't really a villain. And Superman is going to lex to learn how to stop H'el how would Lex know how to stop or kill a kryptonian? he hasn't discovered Kryptonite hell he hasn't done ANYTHING to say he's a villain so why is he in Prison?

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By sentryman555

@Lvenger said:

@Omega-Man said:

That was due to an editorial mix up from DC. Basically now, the Teen Titans are never supposed to have existed formally in the way they did as Wolfman wrote them. Gar never was a Titan as he's only showed up now. Neither was Victor as he's been a Leaguer for 5 years.

So does that mean Starfire and Nightwing never had a relationship? I'm confused about that because I thought it had been established that they used to be together. But how were they together with no teen titans team??? GAAAAHHH!! MY MIND!

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#92  Edited By GothamRed

@sentryman555: Fair enough, though Raven's going to be in Phantom Stranger #1, or at least seems to be based off the preview i saw on titans tower, so there's that at least.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By bladewolf

@Top Flight Security said:

They done messed me up with this one. Wow. I only take the editors to task when they specifically said that they were not making a new continuity but with the events of Flashpoint, anything goes so there should be no reason to be mad.

This.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Omega-Man

@sentryman555: No they were never together according to Lvenger despite Roy asking if Starfire remembered any of them. I don't know how that logic goes.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#95  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I love that there are people out there who think the reboot is good. In short, you're awful and should be ashamed.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Lvenger

@sentryman555 said:

@Lvenger said:

@Omega-Man said:

So does that mean Starfire and Nightwing never had a relationship? I'm confused about that because I thought it had been established that they used to be together. But how were they together with no teen titans team??? GAAAAHHH!! MY MIND!

In flashbacks, there was some kind of Teen Titans team that at least had met before. Roy, Dick and Starfire were on that team and it is implied Starfire and Dick did have a relationship of some kind. But Wolfman's history of the Teen Titans has been wiped out and the New 52 incarnation is the first Teen Titans team in that continuity. A real dumb idea if you ask me.

mickoreo_LZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By mickoreo_LZ

This is complete bullcrap. Anyone who has read a lot of Bat-related titles through the years knows that Tim Drake was not only Robin, but the best one there ever was. They would also know that Tim along with Cassie Cain were the best and most interesting in the Bat-family, and both have been marginalized in the new 52. Why would DC give Lobdell these liberties? Once again, bullcrap

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Lvenger

@Omega-Man said:

@Lvenger:

Actually you haven't just because they make edits later on proves they don't know what they are doing. both John Stewart and Guy have stated to have been on the Justice League and haven't, Hal acts nothing like he did in Justice League.

No they haven't. In the New 52, the membership of the Justice League hasn't changed in 5 years. Meaning the lineup's always been the same 7 who fought Darkseid. Let me make this clear: the reason Hal is different in Justice League than he is in Green Lantern is due to writing. He's more douchy in JL and more serious in Green Lantern. All of which share the same continuity. That's the whole point of the DC universe.

@Omega-Man said:

And why should they get rid of the Lucy Relationship? Clark has never dated Lucy in any continuity or else worlds he's been with WW a few times and here I thought the new 52 was about being different. Why are you defending them anyway? You have some point to prove or something? if you do I don't want to know.

Because all the comics exist in the same timeline now. Aside from Action Comics, which is still in the past, all the series are at the 5 years on from Justice League which is the current stage. And with the Lucy/Clark relationship, it's unclear whether it takes place before or after the Villain's Journey. I'd like to see some cohesion in these titles and if Superman is with Wonder Woman now, they need to end things with Lucy. With Lobdell taking over the title, I bet that it won't even be referenced. It'll be swept under the rug now and not even referenced if the H'El crossover is anything to go by.

@Omega-Man said:

Also Superman #15 thats gonna come out in a couple of months time Lex Luthor is in it and from the cover he's in prison. why is he in prison? Lex hasn't appeared since Action comics first saga and even then he wasn't really a villain. And Superman is going to lex to learn how to stop H'el how would Lex know how to stop or kill a kryptonian? he hasn't discovered Kryptonite hell he hasn't done ANYTHING to say he's a villain so why is he in Prison?

That I can't answer. It's something I've tried to figure out myself. At the end of Action Comics, he was set to become the big business in Metropolis and now he's in prison? Makes no sense. Plus I hoped for Lex to remain in the background working behind the scenes to take down Superman. But this takes away those story opportunites.

@Omega-Man said:

@sentryman555: No they were never together according to Lvenger despite Roy asking if Starfire remembered any of them. I don't know how that logic goes.

See this comment:

@Lvenger said:

In flashbacks, there was some kind of Teen Titans team that at least had met before. Roy, Dick and Starfire were on that team and it is implied Starfire and Dick did have a relationship of some kind. But Wolfman's history of the Teen Titans has been wiped out and the New 52 incarnation is the first Teen Titans team in that continuity. A real dumb idea if you ask me.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Mbecks14

@neale7 said:

Right i'm gonna get straight to the point on this. The only way DC will listen (maybe) to all of the fans that don't agree and are angry at the changes is if you all stop buying the comics. No money will mean a forced approach for DC to see what is wrong with the comics and then address it. You all complain that you don't like the changes but still buy the comics, and then continue to moan. I really don't get it. Why waste your money on stuff that your not happy with? At the moment DC doesn't care what any fans think as long as the dollars keep rolling in and the books still selling. Which is what most if not all of you are doing. You keep giving them money for stuff you not happy with. What you’re buying now probably won't even mater in about 4-5years anyway, as knowing DC, another reboot or overhaul will change everything and make the new 52 irrelevant like what preceded it.

Amen. Vote with your wallets!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By danhimself

what really upsets me is all the hate being thrown at Lobdell...he's not the one who came up with the 5 year timeline....he's just trying to make it make sense

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.