Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

The "Red" Robin

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By soduh2

On the Red Robin/Robin discussion. It bothers me, yet I haven't read any new 52 comics outside of Static and Justice League so my opinion doesn't really matter.

In the new 52, was "red" Robin a nickname Tim developed because his Robin suit lacked the green coloring?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JonSmith

No. Like Dick Grayson moved onto the title of Nightwing, Tim Drake moved onto the title of Red Robin. Because while he's good, he's too obsessed with Batman to relinquish that title entirely.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Loki9876

No, robin is and allways will be batman's sidekick when Tim started his own carreer as red robin than he wasn't the sidekick anymore like how dick became nightwing..

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By soduh2

I know the Pre-New 52 story (Tim taking the Red Robin identity after Bruce died and Nightwing made Damien his Robin), I'm just trying to rationalize the current one.

timelord786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By timelord786

in the current one i think he is meant to have been red robin from the begining but we will not know more until the #0 come out.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrShway88

I don't understand how he is no longer a Robin but his name is Red Robin. A black bear is still a bear.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Durakken

Don't try to rationalize the crap that is DCnU timeline

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By r3d_rob1n

Don't worry, in a couple years DC will unveil a massive event which will fix the timelines briding the pre and post flashpoints. It will be like Zero Hour all over again. Obsessing over divided continuity will only give you a headache. Choose the version you like the best, and damn the rest. After all, you are the one who buys the story, interpret it the way that pleases you most.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.