The "Red" Robin

#1 Posted by soduh2 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

On the Red Robin/Robin discussion. It bothers me, yet I haven't read any new 52 comics outside of Static and Justice League so my opinion doesn't really matter.

In the new 52, was "red" Robin a nickname Tim developed because his Robin suit lacked the green coloring?

#2 Posted by JonSmith (3812 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Like Dick Grayson moved onto the title of Nightwing, Tim Drake moved onto the title of Red Robin. Because while he's good, he's too obsessed with Batman to relinquish that title entirely.

#3 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

No, robin is and allways will be batman's sidekick when Tim started his own carreer as red robin than he wasn't the sidekick anymore like how dick became nightwing..

#4 Posted by soduh2 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the Pre-New 52 story (Tim taking the Red Robin identity after Bruce died and Nightwing made Damien his Robin), I'm just trying to rationalize the current one.

#5 Posted by timelord786 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

in the current one i think he is meant to have been red robin from the begining but we will not know more until the #0 come out.

#6 Posted by MrShway88 (653 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand how he is no longer a Robin but his name is Red Robin. A black bear is still a bear.

#7 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't try to rationalize the crap that is DCnU timeline

#8 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry, in a couple years DC will unveil a massive event which will fix the timelines briding the pre and post flashpoints. It will be like Zero Hour all over again. Obsessing over divided continuity will only give you a headache. Choose the version you like the best, and damn the rest. After all, you are the one who buys the story, interpret it the way that pleases you most.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.