SPOILER (in case you haven't read it): Red Robin 024

#1 Posted by Mrs. Tim Drake (268 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or has every male bat-family member been raped?! 

According to some storyline, Talia actually raped Bruce and ta-da! Damian is born.  
According to some interpretation: Dick Grayson (as Nightwing) was raped by Tarantula.  
And now: Tim Drake is the latest victim. In Red Robin 024, he is chained and a naked "daughter of Ra's Al Ghul" stands in front of him saying "and you will live on through the child you are about to give me." and Tim looks at her horrified. What's going on DC? These crime-fighters can take down some of the worldest toughest villians, Bruce Wayne (Batman) could fight Ra's Al ghul to a standstill, but they can't take down a villainess without being sexually assaulted?!

#2 Edited by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Who did it happen to first? Bruce or Green Arrow?

#3 Posted by Miss Marvel (105 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking the same thing after i read the issue, I mean i know Tim's one of the most (the most, in my opinion) cutest guys in the Comic Universe but come on! Who does this chick think she is? Well, who ever she is i hate her...lol. 
#4 Edited by batman_is_god (1173 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mrs. Tim Drake

The Batman and Talia thing was consensual

unless the enclosed pics looks like rape to you. It happened in Bride of the Demon, and they were married at the time if you can believe it. The pics are from R.I.P., Batman & Son, and Bride of the Demon.

The Dick Grayson thing was rape. He was distraught and just laid there while Tarantula took of his clothes and... you get it. 

I have not read the Red Robin thing.
#5 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

nothing's happened yet...he could still get out of it

#6 Edited by cascadeking09 (6698 posts) - - Show Bio
@batman_is_god: I'm pretty sure Bruce said that he was drugged or something like drugged at the time in the Batman & Son story arc. 
Unless Bruce doesn't mean that was drugged during that exact moment, he doesn't recall.

Dick has been raped by someone he believed to be Starfire, but was actually someone else in disguise IIRC.

Tim has yet to be raped, but looks like he's about to.
#7 Posted by iLLituracy (13494 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce wasn't raped. Bruce gave her the business of his own free will. 

And Tim hasn't been raped yet...so...

#8 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:
Who did it happen to first? Bruce of Green Arrow?
Green Arrow
#9 Edited by batman_is_god (1173 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09: As I said, the two had consensual sex in Bride of the Demon (the pics I posted do not exactly make Bruce seem reluctant). They were married at the time. If it was not consensual, then how could he have cooperated "magnificently"? The drugged remark is Morrison's explanation to why the story has not been mentioned since then, meaning Bruce was drugged sometime after the fact to forget. He used a similar trick in Black Glove. It's his way of trying to make it seem like nothing in the history of Batman books is out of canon except for the stories that are meant to be so, like The Dark Knight Returns. 

The Dick Grayson thing was him laying there, disappointed in himself after he let Tarantula kill another villain.
#10 Posted by GhostHawk One (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Cassandra Cain comes along and kills her..
She's on the cover of the next issue so it's a possibility ;)

#11 Posted by cascadeking09 (6698 posts) - - Show Bio
@batman_is_god:O,ok. I thought the drugged thing was him saying that he was drugged at the time so he didn't remember any of that and that's why it looks consensual because he wasn't in his right mind.
#12 Posted by Mrs. Tim Drake (268 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the whole Bruce and Talia thing is confusing. That is why i initially wrote "according to some storylines . . ."  
Can't wait for issue 25!!! :D

#13 Posted by GhostHawk One (29 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Mrs. Tim Drake (268 posts) - - Show Bio
@GhostHawk One: He had great "protection" ;)
#15 Posted by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio

lol I really thought the naked chick was Cass at first.

Tim's place at the end of #26 was great. I like how he looks in the new 52 but i really dont want them to lose all that he has done and gained since his creation. Does anyone know if he is getting rewritten all together or if he is just changing costumes like Dick Grayson

#16 Posted by X_Titans (144 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:
Who did it happen to first? Bruce or Green Arrow?
Ollie wasn't raped.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.