Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

Should Tim Drake kill Captain Boomerang?

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Tim Drake has been one of the most screwed over characters in comics to date he has suffered more close losses than most other heroes combined but most hard

No Caption Provided
    hitting would have to be the loss of his father Jack Drake to The Original Captain Boomerang. Though Tim seems to be at peace with the loss of his father now we have seen how his emotions get the best of him instances of him trying to bring back every loss through
    No Caption Provided

Lazarus Pit and others. Tim is know for letting his emotions get the best of him at times when confronted by them. So my query is with the return of his father's killer in Brightest Day do you think it is possible that Tim will attempt to kill him and if so would you like that would that be a good story. Or do you think that it will be brushed under the rug or Tim will just not be as bothered as should. As well how do you think Tim will be affected by the fact that villains were resurrected while his father and Bruce were left dead. I personally would think that it would be interesting if Tim did kill Digger and see how that would affect him as a character and his relation with the rest of the Bat Family. Forgivness for murder has been done in the Bat Family before like when Dick killed The Joker in Last Laugh but would Tim not receive the same sympathy? I think it would be interesting if Tim broke the sacred law and committed the act of murder he is not like
    No Caption Provided
    any member of the family as is. So share your opinions how do you think this will all turn out and what you want to see.

No Caption Provided
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

No opinions?

comicnerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By comicnerdy

If he did kill Captain Boomerang, he would be scarred for life. He got pretty depressed by the fact that his family and friend's lives were taken, how would he react if he took a life? It would make a pretty interesting story, but I don't want him to have a guilty conscience.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By sexy_merc

No, he shouldn't.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Caligula

no, I have said it before heroes, true heroes should never, never kill. There is always a better solution.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Supreme Marvel

No, he's an appealing character. Killin' him will make him less appealing. And I love the guy.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Tim is my favorite character but he already believes he has broken all of Batman's laws including the no killing law when he worked for Ra's Al Ghul and he already holds himself accountable for all the deaths that accord during that time. I still have mixed feelings but either way I would be happy I had a cool dream last night of a comic were Dick as Batman tells Tim as Red Robin that Digger was one of the revived and Tim is just frozen and as Dick goes to comfort him Tim does a turn around with his cape all Bruce style with tears in his eyes than end scene

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

Well.... He can d it now I guess, I mean not only is he better than boomerang he also took the Red Robin tytle because he thought he might have to kill someone and he didn't want to stain the bat family name it'd be a really interesting story and I'd read it but I frankly don't think he should do it unless they want to permently turn his charecter into the punisher and that.... that might be really lame
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By jrock85

Maybe he could just torture him.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

I'm not saying he should, but I wouldn't be against the idea. 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

No because it would go against everything Batman stands for and everything Bruce taught him, so in truth it would hurt him more than help.

jukeboxheroabc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jukeboxheroabc

Personally, I feel that Tim wouldn't because he would reject Bruce's philosophy and take on Jason's. Tim may have taken on the Red Robin mantle to do things that would stain the Batfamily, but through his actions he has actually redeemed it and it is now an established part of the Inc. Killing Boomerang would be bad for the Inc. The only logical person to kill him would possibly be Jason.

-Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By -Vigil-

In the old days, I'd say Tim would be the LAST bat-person to kill. Recently they've messed up his character a bit, but I think (wish?) that deep down he's still the same gentle kid we knew. So, no. Tim should UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES kill anyone.

jukeboxheroabc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jukeboxheroabc

The last (?) issue of Red Robin is dealing with Tim and Captain Boomerang .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.