RR 19 New Costume

• 52 results
#1 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...at least for the issue

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that costume, way better than the one he is currently wearing. And well....it screams Nightwing

#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter: LOL! Yeah, it does reminde me of Nightwing costume. I think Tim should stick with this one.
#4 Edited by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

he did say that they appear the way they view themselves, so going by that Tim sees himself as going the road that Dick went, being a hero in his own right. 

The suit is really awesome, he should change to it sometime and make it permanent

#5 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: Yes he should
#6 Posted by Ms. Omega (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the suit

#7 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ms. Omega: Yep
#8 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Freddy Williams II doing the artwork.

#9 Edited by Miss Marvel (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang, thats a REALLY cool suit, I almost like it better then his original. I actually hope he keeps it! 
Can't wait for this issue to hit the shelves! =)
#10 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Its awesome

#11 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (1870 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. Tim Drake looks better in this new suit

#12 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Should lose the symbol in the middle. Otherwise this costume is tons better than the one he's currently in.

#13 Posted by RYU/BATMAN (388 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like a nerd. Better with the first suit, just without the top of his mask...

#14 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

XD love the new costume i hated RR's cowl this mask suits him much more. I say that it was a successful redesign     

#16 Posted by SladeRogers (291 posts) - - Show Bio

The new suit is extremely cool, and it looks like he's either on the road to bein' the next Nightwing or it's the preview of him becoming his own hero. Hopefully, keepin' the bird name thing going (I'm hoping for the Crow since his colors are black & red).
#17 Posted by neonheart098 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Its better than his old one :)

#18 Posted by Miss Marvel (117 posts) - - Show Bio

pleasekeeptheawesomesuitpleasekeeptheawesomesuit! O.O

#19 Posted by Hamz (342 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this isn't permanent. 

It looks terrible :S 

I want my old RR outfit please!

#20 Posted by Lvenger (18226 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I preferred the other RR costume. It's alright but not as good as the other one. The simple domino mask doesn't work with Tim and would easily lead to his secret identity being exposed. The Nightwing inspired symbol though is good.

#21 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
" he did say that they appear the way they view themselves, so going by that Tim sees himself as going the road that Dick went, being a hero in his own right.   The suit is really awesome, he should change to it sometime and make it permanent "
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Very Nightwing-esque, but personally I'm not a fan. I'm one of the few who loves his current Red Robin suit, so I hope this isn't permanent and, if it is, I hope Marcus To makes a LOT of chances before it does become permanent. The major difference is losing the cowl and gaining the domino mask. And to me, that particular mask he's wearing looks awful. Apart from that, it's not such a huge departure from his current suit.
#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32631 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy awesome costume change Red Robin, I have to say the old one didnt bother me that much but this on is so cool he shud keep it.

#23 Posted by sentryssj4 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

he looks way to much like nightwing i mean i like it but he should stick with his original its more well original

#24 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.

#25 Posted by daredevil21134 (10763 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats a cool costume
#26 Posted by sentryssj4 (433 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:

" @RedK said:

" he did say that they appear the way they view themselves, so going by that Tim sees himself as going the road that Dick went, being a hero in his own right.   The suit is really awesome, he should change to it sometime and make it permanent "
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Very Nightwing-esque, but personally I'm not a fan. I'm one of the few who loves his current Red Robin suit, so I hope this isn't permanent and, if it is, I hope Marcus To makes a LOT of chances before it does become permanent. The major difference is losing the cowl and gaining the domino mask. And to me, that particular mask he's wearing looks awful. Apart from that, it's not such a huge departure from his current suit. "
 he looks way to much like nightwing i mean i like it but he should stick with his original its more well original    
#27 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. I never liked the cowl (it made me think of Dr. Mid-nite, I believe it was even mentioned once in his comic) so it's a big improvement to me.

#28 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryssj4: I wouldn't say original, after all he's like the third person to wear the suit, LOL, but he only made changes to it recently, to make it his own, so why change so soon? 

@Precise said:

"I like it. I never liked the cowl (it made me think of Dr. Mid-nite, I believe it was even mentioned once in his comic) so it's a big improvement to me. "

So now he's going to be compared to Nightwing instead? Brilliant. :P 

@War Killer said:

"I like it. "

Quiet, you. 

Am I really the only one who HATES that mask? xD

#29 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse-: I don't see that much resemblance towards Nightwing... Besides that, Nightwing's awesome :p
#30 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise: But that mask is freaking awful. 

Seems like a homage to Nightwing, to me. Which the text kinda reinforces, with the whole "this is how we see ourselves" angle.
#31 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse-:  There are some subtle differences between Nightwings mask and RR. The nose is pointier and those things that go down at the side of his mask. I think it could do without the pointy nose though.
#32 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise: The things that go down his face look stupid. And it's the thing on the chest that seems particularly Nightwing, too. Not to mention the colour scheme (all black with a small bit of red, paralleling Nightwing's all black with a little bit of blue)
#33 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse-:  Seems a little farfetched to me personally. But it can also be because I love Nightwings costume :p
#34 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise: It's TOTALLY a homage, deal with it xP
#35 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick is the one Tim has always looked up to , so it does make sense

#36 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

personally rather the cowl to the mask, but like the suit design, as for the things on the mask going down the side of the mask though they look weird and useless, they probably have many functions like controls for the lenses in the mask like infa-red, night vision, magnifacation, also a communication  device.

#37 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32631 posts) - - Show Bio
@Precise said:
" I like it. I never liked the cowl (it made me think of Dr. Mid-nite, I believe it was even mentioned once in his comic) so it's a big improvement to me. "
#38 Posted by dieguy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I already missing the dome head cowl. To me the old costume looked like a more bird-like batman costume and I liked that idea.

#39 Posted by daredevil21134 (10763 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
"Dick is the one Tim has always looked up to , so it does make sense  "
#40 Posted by Icarusflies (12444 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim really needs a haircut. :P

#41 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, but I love the old Red Robin Costume. Its unique amongst the bat clan, and this just feels too like Nightwing. Its awesome, but I'd prefer him to stick with his other costume.

#42 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies: But half the time the hair length is the only way of telling Bruce, Dick and Tim apart! O_O 

... Though I can't tell the difference between Tim and Dick anymore, LOL
#43 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say that this costume is way cooler than the cowl. I like the mask and the whole look of it being tailored to nightwings. With the addition of the cape. Its pretty sweet. Definitely needs to stay.

#44 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this costume should stay

#45 Posted by Billy Batson (57741 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:
" Tim really needs a haircut. :P "
#46 Posted by Billy Batson (57741 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a cool one

#47 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson: You like it then?
#48 Posted by Billy Batson (57741 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: yes
#49 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
"I think this costume should stay"

Totally! Awesomest news i've heard all week. I think I really need to start picking this up again... I like it so much better than the old one that I can even describe in words (along with Detective because i've heard its awesome and maybe the other title with Dick Grayson)
#50 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't stay, I read the issue and I think it was only there while he's in the unternet

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.