Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

Red Robin Robin again?

batarang614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By batarang614

So, Tim was pretty upset when he was replaced...now that there are two batmen, and since Tim intends to travel around the world fighting crime anyway, why not have two Robins. Damian under Dick and Tim back under Bruce

Cruz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cruz

I wish! But I think It's settle Tim is just gonna keep the Red Robin thing 

Which sux BTW.. 

I hate the Red Robin costume I wish it was more like the time Tim got Burned 

No Caption Provided

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I see it as he's past the Robin stage. Like Dick was with Robin and became Nightwing. Also Dick said Tim and he are on the same level. So there would be no point in him being his sidekick. And you don't see Nightwing being Bruce's sidekick now do you? So I'll accept my 3rd favourite character as Red Robin. Furthermore, I like the costume. I find it strange that the only thing protecting your identity is the mask around your eyes.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jayskee

i like tim bettet has red robin
    batarang614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batarang614

I like Red Robin more too I just figured it was a logical move

batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By batman_is_god

Red Robin is Tim becoming his own man. Nightwing was not a sidekick, so Dick could go back to that. Dick was his own hero as Nightwing. Tim can't go back to Robin.
    spidey182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spidey182

i perfer tim as red robin because he stands out more as a character but i think that bruce and tim will still team up alot like they did when tim was robin even though he isnt any more

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Eyz
    @Cruz said:
    " I wish! But I think It's settle Tim is just gonna keep the Red Robin thing 

Which sux BTW.. 

No Caption Provided
    "
    Aw yeah!
    That would be pretty neat!
    Plus, the complete red costume wouldn't make him look too much like "Doctor Midnite Jr." XD

That would be so badass!!
    Avatar image for mistersarcastic
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mistersarcastic

I actually like him as Red Robin now...he doesn't really have many limits to be wary and cautious of, aside from the whole "no-killing" thing. Besides, if he went back to Robin he'd only be taking a step back. Being Red Robin has pretty much tested just about every last one of his abilities and resource skills. He's his own hero now =D

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By RedK

i like him as Red Robin, he's taking the same steps that Dick did to be his own man before he takes up the bat mantle if he ever decides to, the only thing i would change is have him on the titans with Bart and Kon

Big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Big

I think the two Batmen and Robins is an interesting and logical choice. However, being that Morrison is in charge of writing Batman Inc., I think that this choice is too easy for him.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eyz
    @Big: Yeah, true that!
    The man loves to surprise and take the most complicated paths (which some love or hate)

Did you guys check this interview of Fabian Nicieza at Newsarama?  
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/nicieza-red-robin-cassandra-cain-101207.html

Great indsight to Tim's future development.
    Love this quote specially about the current Red Robin persona/book:

"The Red Robin book is no longer about the training of a young hero, like the original Robin series was. It's about the decisions and actions that an established young hero takes in learning how to best wield the power and intelligence he has."
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By RedK
    @Eyz:  that is an amazing quote, nails everthing about Tim
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eyz
    @RedK: Thought you guys on the (Red) Robin threads would like it :D
    Avatar image for mistersarcastic
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mistersarcastic

^^It does describe Tim's series to a T. I'm looking forward to many more issues and volumes to come of Red Robin. I just hope Marcus To doesn't go anywhere any time soon. His illustrations are awesome, and I love his drawings even more because he draws the character's by their ages. It's nice to see Tim, not too small and skinny, but proportioned and the build of 17 year old nonetheless. 

Marcus To = Awesome 
    =O

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Primmaster64

he's not going to be robin again

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By entropy_aegis

You know its kinda funny that tim has  better interactions with bruce as red robin then as robin. 
    Red robin has been a great book ,there were some plotholes with regards to bruces return but i blame that on lack of writer coordination.And I LOL at tims number of girlfriends here . lets see 
    stephanie 
    tam 
    lynx 
    pru 
    promise 
    WOW
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @Cruz said:
    " I wish! But I think It's settle Tim is just gonna keep the Red Robin thing 

Which sux BTW.. 

No Caption Provided
    "
    Why? So he can wear black panties over his tights again? O_o 

Tim's current suit has shown me that the underwear on the outside truly isn't necessary. All you need is a colour change between the top half and the bottom. Think about it, if Batman and Superman didn't have their underpants, they'd look ridiculous (Bruce's current costume shows this clearly, ugh) but by the same logic, if you saw a person in real life wearing a shirt and pair of pants that were exactly the same colour, they'd look ridiculous too. The underpants are to break up the colours so it doesn't look stupid as hell. The only disadvantage is, in these modern times, underpants on the outside also look stupid. 

So the Red Robin costume, and Damian's Robin costume, solve this issue rather easily. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    See my point? Both of these costumes look cool, but mostly, they look modern. No-one wearing underwear on the outside is going to strike fear into the hearts of criminals. Bruce himself has realized this now, he just went about solving the issue the wrong way. 

Also, look at the two costumes, the one with the cowled Robin and then the current Red Robin. How exactly can you 'hate' his current costume but like the costume that is nearly identical, only without panties?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.