Red Robin Help

#1 Posted by PackYack (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Im new to reading comics so im not sure where i should start with the Red Robin series should I jus start with Red Robin #1 or a certain issue in the Robin series?

#2 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Robin is in the Teen Titans at the moment. If you get that and work your way back you'll be good. Its just that we don't know how much information is kept from this reboot of the DC Universe.

#3 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim's Robin series. That's pre-reboot. There is a list of Trade Paperbacks (TPB) in green. You should be able to find them somewhere. Tim in Teen Titans. Also pre-reboot. Tim's Red Robin series. Also pre-reboot.

#4 Posted by PackYack (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah thank you very much

#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: @PackYack: I wish I could help you out, but Supreme Marvel just did an outstanding job of stealing the spot light and giving you all the necessary info :P

#6 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11263 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I do drama, it'll be bad of me not to steal the spot light. :P

#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I do drama, it'll be bad of me not to steal the spot light. :P

That just earned you a follow.

#8 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

However if you are just looking for entertaining stories then the trades of Red Robin are great. Though, as was pointed out earlier, they may be discarded due to the New 52. Most of the Batman Universe has stayed the same though, so it's worth reading

#9 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@PackYack: You should enjoy everything they have mentioned!

#10 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

iirc i think he's not in about 20 or so issues nearer the end of Teen Titans V3..... you probs won't miss him as much as me...and he does come back for the last few issues!!! I haven;t checked out New 52 Teen Titans coz I was really sad they cancelled Red Robin......

#11 Posted by BatWatch (2580 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Robin works fine as a stand alone book. The only thing you really have to know before getting into it is Battle for the Cowl, and you can find the specific comics that make up that story arc right here with the main search function at the top of the screen. All you really need to know from Battle for the Cowl is that Batman is "dead" creating a problem as to who will take up the mantle of the Bat. In the end, Dick takes the mantle of Batman, Damian becomes the new Robin (because Dick knows Damian needs someone teaching him right from wrong), and Robin takes on the identity of Red Robin (an identity recently used by a villain Tim just defeated) and tried to prove his hunch that Batman is still alive.

Robin, overall, is an excellent series. I didn't care much for Willingham's run, but some people like him. If you want to read Robin but don't want to go back to the beginning, I would suggest jumping on at #148 right after One Year Later. That's probably the best place you could start other than from the beginning. If not there, then perhaps from #170. Fabian (the writer of Red Robin) takes over shortly after this point, and its a good place to get a feel for the last few story arcs before Battle for the Cowl.

#12 Edited by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

you may want to just read teen titans at the moment and then look for some old red robin books

#13 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

Tim's Robin series. That's pre-reboot. There is a list of Trade Paperbacks (TPB) in green. You should be able to find them somewhere. Tim in Teen Titans. Also pre-reboot. Tim's Red Robin series. Also pre-reboot.

So in other words, you have the Robin series which starts first. Eventually it runs side-by-side with beginning Teen Titans. After Battle for the Cowl (irrelevant to the topic at hand, really), the Red Robin series started. He then rejoins at the end of the Teen Titans series. (The same one as before). Personally I'd recommend the first bit of the Teen Titans series and the Red Robin series. Then, if you want to dig into some back history, help yourself to the Robin series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.