Red and Black/ New Tim Drake and Cassandra Cain series

#1 Edited by noshooty (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I already posted this topic at CBR, but I really like this site so i'm posting it here too. http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=390388 I've always enjoyed reading Tim and Cassandra together. They have great chemistry and an interesting history full of awkward ups and downs. (assuming the history still exists in new 52). Heck, they can tweak any coninuity easily in the 1st issue as long as it's still there. They've beaten eachother senseless, worked together, lived together, patched eachother up, and fought some more. Tim always brought the good out of her I think. Tim is a genious and Cass is dangerous, and together they would make one hell of a team. I'm surprised Cassandra is nowhere in these new books (I'm assuming she's in china or something) And Tim is stuck on just the Teen Titans. (A shitty attempt to boost TT sales that will probably work since that's the only place we can read him for now.) Put Red Robin and Black Bat together! Red and Black, or Black and Red...heck, at least if they were working together it would make there names sound better. Color/winged animal. My reasoning for this is because Tim was becoming a total badass right before the new 52. He took on Ra's and the league of assassins, Anarchy, protected Wayne Industries, and got even more credit in Gates of Gotham. Pairing Cassandra with Tim would just be more reason for the two to start taking on bigger named villains and situations. Plus, the character interaction between the two are always really great reads. Would anybody else read this comic?

#2 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

If this happened. I'd be the first into my store buying it. I think she could become my 3rd favourite Batman Universe character if I read more of her issues.

#3 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been calling for this for a while. I like the name Young Detective Comics but others have suggested Black Bat & Red Robin.

They both have a connection to Shiva so that could be exploited to kick off their series working together.

#4 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim: Brains

Cass: Brawn

And they have money behind them.

It'd be AWESOME!

#5 Posted by noshooty (9 posts) - - Show Bio

My post here is one big jumbled mess compared to my CBR post since my browser does not support the text editor. http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=390388 Go here for a better formatted post on this topic with some cool pics of Tim and Cass.

#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Why won't this happen whyyyyyyyyyyyyy it would be so awesome
#7 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

I would buy that book day one.

#8 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

It would definitely be on my pull list.

#9 Posted by EscGamer (113 posts) - - Show Bio

id buy in a heartbeat

#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't Dc used to brag about listening to fan mail. how many letters would make them do this

#11 Posted by noshooty (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, but we should find out!

#12 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this is a good move in the specific detail of 2 bat family characters... I also think Teen Titans with Tim involved is dumb. They rebooted the entire thing and there is a new Robin... I'd prefer the idea that Damian creates a darker Titans after putting up with Bruce for a short time...linking that up with Connor who is darker now and in the previous canon they were supposed to be Batman and Superman together so why not have them form a new Titans together. They made Solstice dark so bring her in and Skitter is a pretty evilish char so she would work too.

With that going on Tim announces that he wants to open the Neon Knights up for recruiting some younger heroes to show that Batman Inc and the JL don't have to worry about their future and to set a good example to the youth already there... This team would have Red Robin in it obviously due to the association with Batman, Inc. Black Bat. Spoiler, Misfit, Anarky/Money Spider, and Impulse would fill in more of the slots... You could then also have Helena show up as counselor/teacher and pull in Wonder Girl as someone that needs to reform if they're bent on her being a thief when they meet... Perhaps have Squire around sometimes.

#13 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken said:

I don't think this is a good move in the specific detail of 2 bat family characters... I also think Teen Titans with Tim involved is dumb. They rebooted the entire thing and there is a new Robin... I'd prefer the idea that Damian creates a darker Titans after putting up with Bruce for a short time...linking that up with Connor who is darker now and in the previous canon they were supposed to be Batman and Superman together so why not have them form a new Titans together. They made Solstice dark so bring her in and Skitter is a pretty evilish char so she would work too.

With that going on Tim announces that he wants to open the Neon Knights up for recruiting some younger heroes to show that Batman Inc and the JL don't have to worry about their future and to set a good example to the youth already there... This team would have Red Robin in it obviously due to the association with Batman, Inc. Black Bat. Spoiler, Misfit, Anarky/Money Spider, and Impulse would fill in more of the slots... You could then also have Helena show up as counselor/teacher and pull in Wonder Girl as someone that needs to reform if they're bent on her being a thief when they meet... Perhaps have Squire around sometimes.

That seems like you're just trying to do Titans/Young Justice again except with the Titans as the Younger team. DC revamped to reduce complexity, not increase it by having redundant teams.

Plus, a Cass/Tim book wouldn't necessarily be a "teen team" book, it could just be them as a duo.

#14 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken said:

Can't say i like that idea. We only need one teen team and teen titans dark isn't it. Plus the charecters you listed for Tims team don't need a teacher or baby sitter so i don't even know why you mentiond huntress. I could see Tim leading a black ops team with Cass, Anarky, and Misfit, or i could see him leading a team of outsiders that mixed teen heros with veterans but not the team you listed or there reason for existing. I prefer Tim/Cass duo book to both your suggestion and my own two suggestions

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@noshooty: I just found out Dc email adress so i'm going to ask them to do this even though they probably won't listen. multiple letters are more likely to effect them so if you will write and ask for a Red and Black book and get others to too the email adress is WWW.DCLETTERSPAGE.COM

#16 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@Durakken said:

That seems like you're just trying to do Titans/Young Justice again except with the Titans as the Younger team. DC revamped to reduce complexity, not increase it by having redundant teams.

Plus, a Cass/Tim book wouldn't necessarily be a "teen team" book, it could just be them as a duo.

Neon Knights is a Wayne foundation outreach program to troubled youth.

Huntress would be great there because she is a teacher. Not a teacher to the heroes, but the troubled youth there.

Each of the heroes I've put forth would be good for such a title because...

Wonder girl = thief

Impulse = in known to be mischievous and often causes trouble

Spoiler = Junky and Criminal's daughter who's a vigilante

Anarky = Reformed Criminal

Black Bat = doesn't quite fit, one could argue she had to over come being crazy peoples' daughter and her training as a killer.

I would promose it more as a "team up" book rather than a team book, where Tim calls in who needs for various operations while also maintaining good PR. Them all knowing this as well as them needing a bit of reform would allow them to get away with some darker stuff, but also be light hearted.

#17 Edited by noshooty (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice job finding that email. I'll send one too. Hey, it couldn't hurt! Come on people! Send a letter if you want this to happen.

#18 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see this. I was excited for Tim's new 52 story but when I found out he'd just be in TT and so far no Batman books I was a little more than miffed. I wanted to see him react with people from Gotham, especially Cassie. This has to happen, definitely sending a letter.

#19 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

I would so love to read this. I support the shipping.

#20 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

You mean Cass/Tim as a couple? They're adoptive siblings though.

#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee make this happen.

#22 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@Samimista said:

If they weren't adopted I mean.

#23 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista said:

@fodigg said:

@Samimista said:

Well, if they totally relaunched Cass in the DCnU, Tim could meet her in his role as a Titan leader. I would hate to lose all of that history with her though.

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32944 posts) - - Show Bio

This needs to happen

#25 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@Samimista said:

@fodigg said:

@Samimista said:

Well, if they totally relaunched Cass in the DCnU, Tim could meet her in his role as a Titan leader. I would hate to lose all of that history with her though.

Til then I shall keep on dreaming that they aren't adoptive siblings. xD

#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32944 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee make this happen.

+1
#27 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@Samimista said:

@fodigg said:

@Samimista said:

I think I'll give up on DCnU if they did. She's an awesome character, there's not reason to "reboot" her and make her less of the character she was.

#28 Posted by -Vigil- (380 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@Samimista said:

Plus, even if they weren't, they simply work better and are more fun with a brother/sister relationship.

#29 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@Samimista said:

They can be Batman Inc's agents in Kentucky

#30 Posted by ShadowJax (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know Cass is my favourite hero but Drake is one of my most hated

#31 Posted by Jayc1324 (10015 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Cassandra that much but I would read anything with Tim drake in it that's not teen Titans

#32 Posted by DarthAznable (6041 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.