Is it Just Me or Do the Feathers look cool now

Posted by DarkBird (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim feathers  are cool but how will he use his bo staff and I think the reason he got them so superboy can stop holding him when they fly

Red Robin by Dave Stokes
Teen Titans #1 
#1 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, what?

#2 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
  Wait, what?
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA LOL
#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92925 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in the minority, but I kinda like em.

#4 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Red Robin sorta redundant?

#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime` said:

that and I'm sure more people associate it with the burger franchise

#6 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:

@Nova`Prime` said:

LOL I hadn't thought of that, but every time I see him mentioned I am gonna think "Yum"
#7 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2228 posts) - - Show Bio

They always looked cool, I just with it was a feathered cape similar to Owlman's that could become wings instead of wings outright.

#8 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

I'm in the minority, but I kinda like em.

Same here.

#9 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate it, but i'm hoping they're retractable. Because it seems to me like they would get in the way in a fight. So I hope it's sorta like Terry Mcginnis's little wings. I'm happy he lost the cowl though, i always disliked that.

#10 Edited by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't necessarily dislike it, but I preferred his original Red Robin costume.  Of course, if the cowl makes him look too adult, they could always just remove it and give him a domino mask. Though, hopefully it would be something less silly looking than this:

#11 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Too gimmicky, imo. It takes his alias far too literal and I feel they make him look younger, more immature. 

#12 Posted by War Killer (20359 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:

@Nova`Prime` said:

A week back I passed a Red Robin's and had never heard of it before until then and I literally thought, "When did Tim Drake get a restaurant?" xD
#13 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: Awesome
#14 Edited by BlackArmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:

They always looked cool, I just with it was a feathered cape similar to Owlman's that could become wings instead of wings outright.

seconded. but i think they do become a cape
#15 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
  Wait, what?
lol.
#16 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11589 posts) - - Show Bio

Harvey Birdman Lawyer!!!!

#17 Posted by cascadeking09 (6762 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmo111687 said:
I don't necessarily dislike it, but I preferred his original Red Robin costume.  Of course, if the cowl makes him look too adult, they could always just remove it and give him a domino mask. Though, hopefully it would be something less silly looking than this:

I love that costume. Don't hate on it.
#18 Posted by ComicBookMatt (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the feathers look pretty cool, but I also think they're unnecessary. I'd rather Tim have a cape than the feathers. 

#19 Posted by saturnssailor (102 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be cool if he didn't always have them, just for special missions or if they were only attached to his arms when he needed them for gliding. I think it might be hard to fight with them how they are now. Capes just flutter behind you; Tim's feathers look like they would impede his movement.

#20 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I like. I think its cool and gives him his own uniqueness, if that even makes grammatical sense in English. But yeah. I know he's already unique but it seems like it might grow into something more, if he uses it ala Archangel.  
#21 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, I guess I have an unpopular opinion because I'm digging the feathers and prefer this costume to his previous, even the one he wore in the Unternet. 
I'm assuming they gave him the feathers and the little jetpack because he stated somewhere he's always wanted to fly or something along those lines?

#22 Posted by saturnssailor (102 posts) - - Show Bio
@mistersarcastic: I think it was so that other characters didn't have to be constantly carrying him. 

And the main problem that I had with them is that they look like they might impede his fighting seems to not be a problem as they look like they might be retractable and that he will only have them out when he needs to glide. 
Wings Coming Out 
#23 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@saturnssailor: Exactly. That's why I don't see what the big deal is. They won't hinder his fighting ability so everything is good! lol  
Can't wait for this
#24 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio
@saturnssailor: nice find =)  

I like it, kinda reminds me of the Batman Beyond retractable wings =)
#25 Posted by Samimista (20850 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the feathers are kind of lame.

#26 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@saturnssailor said:
@mistersarcastic: I think it was so that other characters didn't have to be constantly carrying him. 

And the main problem that I had with them is that they look like they might impede his fighting seems to not be a problem as they look like they might be retractable and that he will only have them out when he needs to glide. 
Wings Coming Out 
Oh god. He really is a knockoff Falcon now.
#27 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:
@saturnssailor said:

Wings Coming Out 
Oh god. He really is a knockoff Falcon now.
Hmm...I always thought it they were basing it off of Nightwing's "flight suit"  

But it resembles Falcon's more, especially the color scheme. Oh well, I still like it. Looks awesome. 
#28 Posted by CrimsonCake (2679 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope there retractable,I personally like this costume but then again I never dislike anything about anything.

#29 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude looks like Falcon's estranged half-brother.

#30 Posted by saturnssailor (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake:

Red Robin

Though at first they seemed to be retractable it looks like while they can come out they can't go back in and whenever he is not using them they just kinda float behind him. :( Too bad. I wish that they were just there when he needed them and went away when he didn't.

#31 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the wings, we never really found out how Tim uses his Bo satff when wearing the wings but in issue 5 of Teen Titans he tries to use it but Superboy disarms him before he can do anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.