Follow

Tim Drake

Character » Tim Drake appears in 3333 issues.

At the age of nine, Timothy Drake cleverly deduced the identities of Batman and Robin. Four years later, after the death of Jason Todd, Tim convinced Batman that he should be the new Robin. He would later become leader of Young Justice.

how old is tim drake

ultimatejones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ultimatejones

how old is he? hes obviously under 19

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

In my opinion

Tim Drake: 16-17

Jason Todd: 18-19

Dick Grayson: 21-22

Bruce Wayne: early 30's?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By BatteredArmor

Lobdell said 16 or 17 I like to think 17 but it's probably the former

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

He is the same age as Stephanie Brown I think and she was in her first year of college. So, I guess 18 maybe 19.

saturnssailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By saturnssailor

@haydenclaireheroes: Stephanie is older than him. In one of the Red Robin comics he became an emancipated minor and in Batgirl, Stephanie was in college as you said. So Tim can't be older than 17 and Stephanie can't be younger than 18.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By cascadeking09

@yumyumbubblegum said:

In my opinion

Tim Drake: 16-17

Jason Todd: 18-19

Dick Grayson: 21-22

Bruce Wayne: early 30's?

Dick is actually 24 and Jason isn't much younger so he's more around 21 or 22 and Tim is probably 17-18. Before the reboot Tim and Steph were the same age and Steph was in college so I'm assuming that Tim was 18 or older.

@saturnssailor said:

@haydenclaireheroes: Stephanie is older than him. In one of the Red Robin comics he became an emancipated minor and in Batgirl, Stephanie was in college as you said. So Tim can't be older than 17 and Stephanie can't be younger than 18.

If she's older than him it can't be a full year, remember that Steph was transfered to Tim's school before she found out who he was and he tried to hide from her.

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

@cascadeking09: Since the majority of the events happened within the 5 year period (post reboot), I assumed that their ages would be younger. Is there a scan that actually says Dick is 24 years old?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

@cascadeking09 said:

Dick is actually 24

Dick has been confirmed by Higgins to be 21, unless that was changed sometime since the new 52.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By jrock85

Tim is 17.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cascadeking09

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@cascadeking09: Since the majority of the events happened within the 5 year period (post reboot), I assumed that their ages would be younger. Is there a scan that actually says Dick is 24 years old?

I was talkin about pre-reboot. IIRC it was in the dc comics encyclopedia.

@The Dark Huntress said:

@cascadeking09 said:

Dick is actually 24

Dick has been confirmed by Higgins to be 21, unless that was changed sometime since the new 52.

Don't know.

darkwolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darkwolverine

It is stated in teen titans #1 that wonder girl is 17 by Tim, so I think that it is safe to assume that he is 17 as well, while it also has been stated that Dick is 21, therefore Jason might be 19.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By danhimself

the only thing that's really bothered me about the relaunch has been the deaging of the Bat Family....in the last issue of Nightwing there's a flashback to Dick's time in the circus and it's stated to only have been 4 years ago....so that means that Dick became Robin, quit, became Nightwing, Bruce "died", Dick became Batman, and is now back to being Nightwing all in less than 4 years

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Martian

He's either 17 or 18 years old.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By KidSupreme

@danhimself: I agree that just kinda messes things up, 4 years ago is not long enough. I find for Dick to have gotten all that experience and have done such a good job as batman. That is literally 1 years for each mantle. (1 year as Robin another as Nightwing another as Batman and 1 more back to Nightwing?)

I think that if they were planing to keep a lot the story arcs of Batman and Robin they should have broke it down something like this, for it all to make sense, at least that what i think? Anyone else agree or disagree, let me know how you think it should be broken down age wise?

Bruce Wayne begins as Batman by like 17 years old till maybe 19 on his own making a name for himself.

At 20 years old adopts Richard John Grayson-Wayne (Dick).

Dick the first Robin is about age of 14 years old (Any older and its seems weird. You know having a 20 year old man adopting a 16 or 17 year old, there barely 3/4 yrs apart).

Dick leaves Batman at the age of 18 years old, changes to his mantle to Nightwing / Bruce is 24 years old now

Bruce maybe spends 1 year on his own before finding Jason Todd.

Jason is 15 years old and dies at around 17 years old / Bruce is 27 years old now.

Bruce maybe spends 1 year on his own before finding Tim Drake.Tim is 14 years old and by 17 years old changes to his mantle to Red Robin / Bruce is 30 years old now.

Bruce is missing for about a year before he comes back.

At this point Dick is 25 years old becomes Batman.

Damian Wayne comes in at the age of 12 years old. / Bruce comes back from the dead and is 32 years old now.

This is how I think it should work even though that is not the case in the comic books.

Bruce would be the perfect age range to be chilling with the rest of the JLA and all the Robins would have had enough time to actually learn and gain experience with Batman. Dick would have had the most experience with Batman and 25 years old would make him a perfect age to be Batman. The math adds up for all the characters this way to.

Let me know what you think?

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Hit_Monkey

@KidSupreme: @KidSupreme said:

@danhimself: I agree that just kinda messes things up, 4 years ago is not long enough. I find for Dick to have gotten all that experience and have done such a good job as batman. That is literally 1 years for each mantle. (1 year as Robin another as Nightwing another as Batman and 1 more back to Nightwing?)

I think that if they were planing to keep a lot the story arcs of Batman and Robin they should have broke it down something like this, for it all to make sense, at least that what i think? Anyone else agree or disagree, let me know how you think it should be broken down age wise?

Bruce Wayne begins as Batman by like 17 years old till maybe 19 on his own making a name for himself.

Dick the first Robin is about age of 14 years old (Any older and its seems weird. You know having a 20 year old man adopting a 16 or 17 year old, there barely 3/4 yrs apart).

Dick leaves Batman at the age of 18 years old, changes to his mantle to Nightwing / Bruce is 24 years old now

Jason is 15 years old and dies at around 17 years old / Bruce is 27 years old now.

Bruce maybe spends 1 year on his own before finding Tim Drake.Tim is 14 years old and by 17 years old changes to his mantle to Red Robin / Bruce is 30 years old now.

Damian Wayne comes in at the age of 12 years old. / Bruce comes back from the dead and is 32 years old now.

This is how I think it should work even though that is not the case in the comic books.

Bruce would be the perfect age range to be chilling with the rest of the JLA and all the Robins would have had enough time to actually learn and gain experience with Batman. Dick would have had the most experience with Batman and 25 years old would make him a perfect age to be Batman. The math adds up for all the characters this way to.

Nice one mate!

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By difficlus

@KidSupreme said:

actually batman started at 23. However note that Batman has a lazarus pit in his cave and he has used it before. He should be in his early forties now i think. Drake is about 18 IMO, Jason is about 21/22 and Dick about 25/26. Cassandra cain is probably like 18/19.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By RedOwl_1

In the DCnU: No Idea

Pre-Flashpoint: I remember have read in a Red Robin comic that he was 17

@KidSupreme: Damian haves 10 years (yeah weird)

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stronger

Tim is 17-18

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By ReVamp

Tim has become Younger since the reboot, along with Todd and Dick.

• Damian: 10 Years old - Confirmed
    • Tim: Probably around 15, 16 MAX, I think Lobdell mentioned this once.
    • Todd: Probably 18-19.
    • Dick: 21, according to DH's source.
    worldFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By worldFlash

All pre 52 doesn't really matter due to the fact that they all are younger now than they where before flashpoint. Check Batman batman #1; in the scene before the party where the male members of the batfamily are chatting. You can tell that both Dick and Tim facialy look in there teens. I blieve though that Tim is 17, Jason 21, and Dick 25-26.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Mercy_

@worldFlash: Dick is 21, this has been confirmed by Higgins.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kidchipotle

@KidSupreme said:

This would work out perfectly! And the 5 year span is most certainly NOT enough for any of the DC major characters. How can you cram together all of major events that have happened in batman such as knightfall, bruce's "death", all of the robins. Or Green lantern such The rise and fall of Hal Jordan, The initiation of John Stewart and Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner becoming the Last of the GL's and then reviving the corps, the Sinestro War, the War of the GL's, Blackest night, Brightest Day (assuming those two somehow are still cannon without the Crisis's ever happening.) I guess WW and Flashes historys dont matter anymore since Wally and Donna are gone and I'm not even sure what Aquaman's story is or even Manhunter's. They should have had a 10 year span because that way so much more could have happened and it would more sense.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By KidSupreme

@ArturoCalaKayVee: LoL thanks...

In the new DC universe the writers have decided 5 years its more then enough to explain all of major events. This is very easy to explain, it all happened in a matter of days maybe weeks :D LoL

A different Green Lantern per year, and Robin haha (the Sinestro War, the War of the GL's, Blackest night, and Brightest Day, each lasted about 1 day or so... somehow) haha

Avatar image for mistersarcastic
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mistersarcastic

There's already a thread about this and it's also been said (not directly though) in the Red Robin series that Tim is 17. He's an emancipated minor, hence how he was able to take control over Wayne Enterprises during Bruce's absence.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.