Do you think Tim Drake (wayne) will ever be Batman?

#1 Posted by TimDrake12 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Will he? He became Batman in earth 12 but that's different. I think he deserves it.

#2 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

hope he never becomes Batman.

He can become Batman 20 years from now at the earliest
#3 Posted by inferiorego (27697 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope... Damien Wayne is next in line. Batman #666 shows it.

Staff
#4 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure, even though he matches Bruce in detective skills and brains I doubt that DC will choose a Bruce clone when they can just bring him back to life. Also after Bruce comes back I don't think he will be too happy about how Tim is acting as Red Robin. Not only is he acting more brutal to criminals but he he isn't even thinking about the mission to protect Gotham which is what Bruce would have wanted.

#5 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

hes doing fine as red robin

#6 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

he says that he's only doing his "shift" as robin it could go two ways but i'd like to see him as batman before damien but only for a short time then damien takes over and he's the last batman cause of the deal he made so he can never die and will keep being the batman

#7 Posted by cascadeking09 (6775 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he is cause i dont like dick as batman and after that bruce need to come back, you cant keep him as somebody different forever cuase then i'll quit batman but for as long as they'll have him as somebody else it needs to be tim, never damien.

#8 Posted by RedRobin92 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

In Batman #666 Damien references the Bruce and Dick were the batman(s) before him. Tim would be a lame Batman. He should stay red robin its a good role.

#9 Posted by cascadeking09 (6775 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedRobin92: naw he wouldnt be lame, he would just be almost like bruce, i would like to see how differnt he would be as batman than bruce. but seein red robin is almost like seein him become batman and i luv that, and at the same time i wanna see him as robin again i miss seein the other uniform. to me damien seem like he might be a lame batman.
#10 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
" he says that he's only doing his "shift" as robin it could go two ways but i'd like to see him as batman before damien but only for a short time then damien takes over and he's the last batman cause of the deal he made so he can never die and will keep being the batman
"
What issue is this from? It is always referenced when the Tim as Batman question is asked, but with everything that has happened in Tim's life the last few years he can never go back to a "normal" life and he knows that now.
#11 Posted by Assman (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

In some future alternate timeline/dimension. Too many trying out for the mantle of the bat.  There is really only one, the rest are just wearing the costume. No different from Nightwing, his character has progressed so much on his own, it's a shame to think in the end all you ended up being is the shadow of the bat! I'm sure no one thinks Dick as Bats is permanent, he's just too good a character on his own, why lose all that originality and character development into something he's not permanently?

#12 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Truex:  its from nightwing issue 6
#13 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

He should stay as Red Robin, it's the only DC comic I haven't tossed across my room because it sucked.

#14 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
@reaper2923 said:
" He should stay as Red Robin, it's the only DC comic I haven't tossed across my room because it sucked. "
Batman and Robin is really good and Blackest Night is going to be amazing
#15 Posted by ultimategirlshileha1236 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

he could be i think he would be good but i like him as red robin though
#16 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Tim as Robin over Dick because he seemd to fit the role better but I would rather have him grow into the Red Robin role than the Batman one(although him being Batman really would not be all bad).
#17 Posted by lozer (173 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like the only one who hates the idea of Damien as Batman. I don't care what 666 says. Comics change like crazy.

I don't mind Tim as Bat but I see it as so very reluctant. I'd like him to develop his own (like he's doing with Red) and become something that equals Bats.

#18 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim told Batman to his face that he would never become Batman

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (25006 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont even think dick grayson should be batman he was way better as nightwing and tim is good as red robin let them be their own man

#20 Posted by Exusiai (450 posts) - - Show Bio

You know at first I wanted Tim to become Batman, but as the whole Red Robin thing progresses I think Tim has found that Nitch that Dick did as Nightwing.  I think it would be Interesting to See Dick Stay as Batman, and Tim either take up the Nightwing mantle, or Stay as Red Robin

Or Better yet, have him come back and Stomp a mudhole in Damien, and Reclaim the Robin title, but keep the Red Robin suit

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.