Common Sense

#1 Posted by CapedCrusaider (114 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not fanboyism but lets all agree that Tim Drake SHOULD theoreticaly be the best fighter. First off, It makes no sense as to why Batman would teach The robins each martial art individualy rather than as a combination of what he's learned. This is what has led to the controversy of Dick mastering more martial arts than Tim. Second off Tim was trained by a much more expirienced Batman at the time, his training would probably be better than dicks concidering he has already taught 2 previous robins. think of it as a high-school teacher teaching his first class in one year and picture him teaching his third class. he would obviously have more expirience teaching his Students. 3rd Tim went around the world learning from different teachers thus perfecting different aspects and blending them into his own. 4th While dick maybe physicaly better than him, Batman has faced countless rouges who have physicaly surpassed him but has beaten them in hand to hand combat and must have passed on this knowledge to all the robins. 5th Tim being smarter than dick should have had an easier time learning how to fight as he would know which moves work best for him while for dick it just came naturaly (though there I will admit its more or less a tie) 6th Tim taking account dicks acrobatic skills would deduce how to approach him in a fight much like how Batman would approach bane in a fight. 7th Its not about dick having more experience its about Tim having Better experience. If having more experience was the case then NO-ONE SHOULD ever be able to Beat Ras al ghul. 8th Tim's agility is probably not much less than dicks to make a gigantic marginal gap. Both can Dodge attacks but dick just does it in a fancy way.

#2 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not all about the training, some people have a natural aptitude for it and just pick it up faster.

#3 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, but why is this rant? Is there some Dick vs Tim thing going on? Anyways, I think Tim is much cooler, love him as Red Robin. Dick is cool and all, but Tim is awesome!

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick is better. Deal with it.

#5 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

what he said

#6 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayskee said:

@John Valentine said:

what he said

what they said...but i do respect tim

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

This is comics, common sense goes out the window.

#8 Posted by Githzerai (58 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why this is relevant at all. Is there a Tim vs. Dick debate going on somewhere?

#9 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

This is partially fanboyism. Just because you're smart doesn't necessarily make you a better fighter. Some people are just more naturally gifted and some unforeseen circumstances dictates how much stronger you can get. Nevertheless I do acknowledge your points but it is not too much of a surprise that Dick is better than Tim. I like Tim btw

#10 Posted by danhimself (22305 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim also started from the ground up...Dick had his acrobatic training as a basis for his marital arts training with Bruce

#11 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly Tim was your standard computer nerd and did nothing physical before getting into under Batman. Dick started out with a much superior base as a Gymnist besides you need all your bat characters to be distinct.

#12 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

QFT

#13 Posted by Tim_Drake4444 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

Exactly Tim was your standard computer nerd and did nothing physical before getting into under Batman. Dick started out with a much superior base as a Gymnist besides you need all your bat characters to be distinct.

As stated above, Tim actually was engaging himself in karate for half of his life before being trained by Batman. Of couse, I still say Dick is superior in this field.

#14 Posted by citysiren (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor

Lol, agreed.

#15 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

@citysiren said:

@BlackArmor

Lol, agreed.

@Superguy0009e said:

@jayskee said:

@John Valentine said:

what he said

what they said...but i do respect tim

What all these people said :D

#16 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim is the smartest Robin for sure. Fighting ability wise...you made good points, but Dick still has many years of experience on Tim. Plus he's got acrobatic training. Not that Tim isn't a capable and thoroughly trained fighter, but I'd put my money on the pretty boy in black and blue over the whiz kid in red and black. I believe Tim possesses the potential to surpass Dick, but at this point I would say Dick would be the better fighter. Side note: Damian possesses more potential than Tim, beyond his already well defined skill and insurmountable genetics, he has the farthest to go.

Tim's my favorite Robin, but sorry dude, Dick's still got em.

#17 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

Really if we take your points into account than Damien should be a better fighter than TIm as he's actually been training his entire life.

In regards of Dick vs Tim in fighting ability Tim may have had access to a more experienced Bruce, but that doesn't mean his expereinces trump Dick's. Dick's been fighting and training under people for years. No matter what Tim goes through he's not going to gain that experience. Practice only gets you so far.

#18 Posted by CapedCrusaider (114 posts) - - Show Bio

All you guys keep arguing about dicks acrobatics. But acrobatics and agility are two different things. Dick being more agile will not make him a better fighter unless you also say that Deadman and Harly Quinn can physically beat Batman. Dick and Tim I believe, both have roughly about the same reaction time so during a fight both can Dodge ANY attack using the SAME speed but dick will just be able to Dodge one attack in multiple ways while Tim would Dodge it in a simpler way yet BOTH have accomplished their goal. Plus its not just about quantity of experience its about quality. Who really believes that the experience dick has from years of fighting more street thugs than Tim is better than the Time Tim used to get experience fighting the likes of lady shiva? plus Tim has always had a higher success rate in his first missions as robin compared to the humiliating defeats that dick faced.

#19 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

#20 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why but I've been loving Jason more than those two. AND I USED TO HATE JASON AS ROBIN AND RED HOOD.

#21 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

With the Bat-Family, everyone wins.

#22 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

dick was trained by a batman who didn't use batarangs, he used KTHWOCK!s OR SHMALOONEY!s (is that a real sound effect)

but seriously i think after jason died he would have trained tim to be better

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.