Can somebody explain me this?!?!?

#1 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I have a big doubt, In the Red Robin comic says something about "Alvin Draper" I looked for it here and it says that is an alias that he have. In the comic says too that Draper was an art-thief

What the hell is that?!? Can somebody explain me this?!? Please???

#2 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

Alvin Draper was an alias that Tim Drake used

#3 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself
Always wonderd when and why he came up with it can you enlighten me
#4 Posted by transportive (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Alvin Draper is an art-thief because Tim stole a piece from a museum as evidence in the early issues of Red Robin. He was using Alvin Draper as an alias when he entered and left the country, and so he was a suspect because of the speed of his arrival and departure.

He first uses the alias, as far as I know, in the early Robin comics, when he signs up for a summer camp that he thinks is getting kids involved in some illicit stuff. At least, that's the earliest use of it I can think of. He uses it again when he helps Steph out, since he can't give her his real name (or even show his real face). The other instance I can think of it showing up is him using it as an alias when he visits Jason in prison.

#5 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@transportive said:

Alvin Draper is an art-thief because Tim stole a piece from a museum as evidence in the early issues of Red Robin. He was using Alvin Draper as an alias when he entered and left the country, and so he was a suspect because of the speed of his arrival and departure.

He first uses the alias, as far as I know, in the early Robin comics, when he signs up for a summer camp that he thinks is getting kids involved in some illicit stuff. At least, that's the earliest use of it I can think of. He uses it again when he helps Steph out, since he can't give her his real name (or even show his real face). The other instance I can think of it showing up is him using it as an alias when he visits Jason in prison.

Oooooh you enlighten me :O. Thank U :)

#6 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedOwl_1: Alvin Draper was first used when he went on his first undercover mission that transportive talks about. He has since used it has his cover name for everything else. Young Justice is originally introduced with that name as is Stephanie Brown. When he is captured and fingerprinted his records come up as Alvin Draper.

Tim is so good at keeping his secret identity that the only one that knows who he really is was Batman until Batman tells everyone which ticks Tim off. Tim had held that he knew everyone else's secrets over their heads for quite a while and there are some great exchanges between Oracle and Tim both before and after Batman tells her.

Also Bart, in Young Justice, does find out his real name but thinks it is a stupid name so doesn't believe it's his real name and continues to use the cover name of Alvin Draper.

#7 Edited by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken said:

@RedOwl_1: Alvin Draper was first used when he went on his first undercover mission that transportive talks about. He has since used it has his cover name for everything else. Young Justice is originally introduced with that name as is Stephanie Brown. When he is captured and fingerprinted his records come up as Alvin Draper.

Tim is so good at keeping his secret identity that the only one that knows who he really is was Batman until Batman tells everyone which ticks Tim off. Tim had held that he knew everyone else's secrets over their heads for quite a while and there are some great exchanges between Oracle and Tim both before and after Batman tells her.

Also Bart, in Young Justice, does find out his real name but thinks it is a stupid name so doesn't believe it's his real name and continues to use the cover name of Alvin Draper.

Do you know in what issue happens that?

#8 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedOwl_1 said:

@Durakken said:

@RedOwl_1: Alvin Draper was first used when he went on his first undercover mission that transportive talks about. He has since used it has his cover name for everything else. Young Justice is originally introduced with that name as is Stephanie Brown. When he is captured and fingerprinted his records come up as Alvin Draper.

Tim is so good at keeping his secret identity that the only one that knows who he really is was Batman until Batman tells everyone which ticks Tim off. Tim had held that he knew everyone else's secrets over their heads for quite a while and there are some great exchanges between Oracle and Tim both before and after Batman tells her.

Also Bart, in Young Justice, does find out his real name but thinks it is a stupid name so doesn't believe it's his real name and continues to use the cover name of Alvin Draper.

Do you know in what issue happens that?

Issue 20... but you really should read the whole series as it is just that good ^.^

#9 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken said:

@RedOwl_1 said:

@Durakken said:

@RedOwl_1: Alvin Draper was first used when he went on his first undercover mission that transportive talks about. He has since used it has his cover name for everything else. Young Justice is originally introduced with that name as is Stephanie Brown. When he is captured and fingerprinted his records come up as Alvin Draper.

Tim is so good at keeping his secret identity that the only one that knows who he really is was Batman until Batman tells everyone which ticks Tim off. Tim had held that he knew everyone else's secrets over their heads for quite a while and there are some great exchanges between Oracle and Tim both before and after Batman tells her.

Also Bart, in Young Justice, does find out his real name but thinks it is a stupid name so doesn't believe it's his real name and continues to use the cover name of Alvin Draper.

Do you know in what issue happens that?

Issue 20... but you really should read the whole series as it is just that good ^.^

Yeah I have read the #22 and Sins of Youth (OMG That was awesome), Talking about that, What you recommend me read before get into the serie? (Something like a prelude or kinda)

#10 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedOwl_1 said:

@Durakken said:

@RedOwl_1 said:

@Durakken said:

@RedOwl_1: Alvin Draper was first used when he went on his first undercover mission that transportive talks about. He has since used it has his cover name for everything else. Young Justice is originally introduced with that name as is Stephanie Brown. When he is captured and fingerprinted his records come up as Alvin Draper.

Tim is so good at keeping his secret identity that the only one that knows who he really is was Batman until Batman tells everyone which ticks Tim off. Tim had held that he knew everyone else's secrets over their heads for quite a while and there are some great exchanges between Oracle and Tim both before and after Batman tells her.

Also Bart, in Young Justice, does find out his real name but thinks it is a stupid name so doesn't believe it's his real name and continues to use the cover name of Alvin Draper.

Do you know in what issue happens that?

Issue 20... but you really should read the whole series as it is just that good ^.^

Yeah I have read the #22 and Sins of Youth (OMG That was awesome), Talking about that, What you recommend me read before get into the serie? (Something like a prelude or kinda)

Young Justice is stand alone, but the origin stories of Impulse, Robin III and Superboy might be a good prologue

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.