Arkham City

#1 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

So...I sort of hate the ay they made Tim look in Arkham City. I mean, he's too large to begin with. Tim's always been on the lean side. And he has no freakin' hair! Grayson kept his hair all...Grayson-like. I don't see why Tim couldn't have kept his pretty boy hair. And I hated his voice, it was too deep for him. When he was speaking right, it seemed to fit, though. And couldn't they have kept his own Robin outfit and not have made him a Damian/Tim hybrid Robin.

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I must admit the older, bulkier Tim Drake was a surprise. He seems more like a Robin if Dick Grayson had stayed in the role. But considering many of the changed they've made to most of the characters, I still find it enjoyable... and am glad there's no sign of Damian.

#3 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like his character design either. :|

#4 Posted by Lvenger (20234 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty: What's wrong with Damien? I mean truthfully he doesn't fit into the Arkham City universe but having a spoilt, brattish, arrogant violent kid trained to be the ultimate killing machine in the role of Robin is something that appeals to me. Tim's outgrown the role of Robin and Damien's characteristics make him a unique replacement.

And I was surprised with the new Tim Drake too. There was no mention of his deductive abilities nor of his own backstory. He just showed up, beat up some assassins and then went to distribute the cure. The possibility of him being a cage fighter was also something that did not suit this version of Tim IMO.

#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@xerox_kitty: What's wrong with Damien? I mean truthfully he doesn't fit into the Arkham City universe but having a spoilt, brattish, arrogant violent kid trained to be the ultimate killing machine in the role of Robin is something that appeals to me. Tim's outgrown the role of Robin and Damien's characteristics make him a unique replacement.

And I was surprised with the new Tim Drake too. There was no mention of his deductive abilities nor of his own backstory. He just showed up, beat up some assassins and then went to distribute the cure. The possibility of him being a cage fighter was also something that did not suit this version of Tim IMO.

1. Because I don't like him & therefore his presence didn't spoil my enjoyment of the game.
  2. Because Tim was just a cameo to entice people to buy the Robin DLC, and possibly hint at a larger role he might have to play in the inevitable sequel.
#6 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty: I think Dick still looks like Dick. They didn't do a big character deign on him. The only thing that was a change were those bulk bottom shoes. Which those shoes doesn't fit him because he's meant to have the ninja shoes, making it easier to move around in. Give the Arkham City Tim a bit of a beard, it would look very close to that of Roy Harper.

#7 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I like Damian. I think he was made for the kids that are into the manga, like Naruto and Bleach. I'm not sure why people hate him. He's 10 and raised by assassins, he's allowed to act like a brat...I think people forget he's only 10 and never really knew love before. They just don't like the idea that it's Batman's real kid.

#8 Edited by Lvenger (20234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vata_Raven: Personally I don't see any manga influence in Damien but I agree that due to him being raised by a mother who trained him in the League of Assasin's to be the ultimate weapon, it is easy to forget that he hasn't exactly received the most loving upbringing. I'm surprised he hasn't suffered from privation yet lol. Still Damien's personality is quite easy of annoying a lot of people but to me that's the character's charm.

One thing I don't get though is that in the New 52, Superman made his first appearence in 2006 and whilst Batman is said to have been around for a few years before that, Damien is said to be 10 in Batman and Robin. This brings into question at what point did Bruce and Talia 'did the deed' if you catch my drift? In order for Damien to be 10, he must have been born in 2001. Bruce is said to be late 20s/early 30s in Batman currently so he must have met Talia before he was 21. Bruce's training for his war against crime was said to be about a decade long though I don't know when he started nor when Batman became active in the DCU. It's just one of the continuity things about the New 52 that confuses me.

#9 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I don't read New 52, it hate that Tim and Conner aren't friends, so I don't read it. I started to read DC because I found that friendship. I really hated how Tim didn't say his last words to Conner before he dyed, but the damn girlfriend did. I felt as if Tim should've been there...it should be bros before hoes. And if I remember right, Superboy even said h wasn't going to bother with Wonder Girl anymore, but the DC writers just kept putting them back together. And look were it got him, he had sex with her and died...it was clearly bad for his health.

I love Richard and Roy's friendship, too, they fight like an old married couple. But Roy just looks weird with a clean shaven face. And I'm not even sure if they're friends anymore. And as much as I know how un-gay these characters are, I still pair them up, that goes with Tim and Conner, too. I blame DC for not having young, good-looking gay guys or a teen-gay couple, like how Marvel does. And I know about Bunker, but he's flamboyant and a stereotype...so not want I wanted.

#10 Posted by Lvenger (20234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vata_Raven: Ha then I guess it wasn't Superboy Prime who delivered the killing blow to Connor. Tim and Connor's friendship has been pretty much screwed over in the New 52. Superboy is back to being a dull emotionless character who struggles between his humanity and his clone programming which is a step backwards for the character if I'm honest. Tim's doing all right but he's only in one title. And Roy's in not only the worst New 52 comic but one of the worst comics ever if I'm honest. Red Hood and The Outlaws has ruined Jason, Roy and Starfire, three fan favourite interesting characters and made them sound completely unlike themselves. They've distilled the essence of these 3 characters and it's sad to see it happen really.

#11 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

They said they weren't trying to go for comic Tim, his head is shaved because he participated in cage fights. That's how big the difference is

#12 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: A...Robin that goes out of his way to be in cage fights? Doesn't that seem to go outside something that a Robin would do?

#13 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I don't understand why DC relaunched their comic lines. Like, I understand them wanting to try and bring more people in, but I still think a bunch a men are still buying their comics...not much seemed to change. I felt like that Tim finally got some solid footing into his background and it just went down to the tube for the new Teen Titans line. After I got into Red Robin and Superboy, I was hoping for a series where they worked together foe more then just an issue or two, but I guess that's not going to happen anymore. Is everyone writing for 52 now or are there still some old stuff being written?

#14 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: didn't bats train with ra's al ghul maybe it happened then

#15 Posted by Lvenger (20234 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106: When did what happen if I may ask? And are you referring to comic book Batman or Arkham game series Batman?

#16 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like Tim's design in City. It looks like he stayed Robin until his mid-to-late twenties. him being bulkier was cool, too.

#17 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Hood is a nice addition but I really don't like his design.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.