Follow

Tigra

Character » Tigra appears in 1014 issues.

Greer Nelson (née Grant) first appeared as The Cat in the comic of the same name. She later became Tigra through a mystic ritual that bound the soul of one of the Cat People to her own.

Tigra's Rogues

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Edited By KillerZ  Moderator  Online
    No Caption Provided

Tigra has quest appeared in many comics over the years, and as a long lasting member of West Coast Avengers. One could think that she doesn't have enemies of her own, but she too has brought some villains to Marvel Universe.

Malcolm Donalbain

Donalbain
    Donalbain

Malcolm was her first villain, who Tigra fought while still being human, and going by the supername of The Cat. She had slightly above normal feats thanks to Malcolm's funding. Malcolm wanted to use a subservient army to conquer the world. Malcolm died when they fought, not by her hands, but by his own.

Zabo

Zabo
    Zabo

Zabo is Malcolm's henchman, and later revealed to be his brother; she first met him along with his brother. Zabo escaped the first confrontation, but he blamed Tigra for his brother's death. Only after she was tuned into furry heroine, he was able to find her. Spider-Man even helped Tigra to fight Zabo, but Tigra was able to convince Zabo to make peace with the past.

Surisha

Surisha
    Surisha

Surisha was a demoness living in sewers. Surisha had a beauty of a princess, but she needed human life-force to keep it. Surisha, and her minion, Aesklos, had a symbiotic relationship, and shared a lifeforce. Tigra tracked them under the city and managed to convince the minion to feed on Surisha, killing them both.

Aesklos

Aesklos
    Aesklos

Aesklos was said demoness' minion; he had symbiotic relation with her. Aesklos had an ability to turn his victims to females. Aesklos hunted for humans and drained their life-force; he then returned to their underground lair and feed Surisha. That in turn kept him alive and gave him purpose. Tigra managed to convince Aesklos to feed on Surisha, and that killed them both.

Cougar

Cougar
    Cougar

Cougar was one of the Cat People that had evolved on earth, separated from their brothers in Land Within. He had selfish wishes and they involved power. He managed to get his hands on Null-Bands and tried to use them to siphon the powers of Thing of the Fantastic Four. Tigra fought against his plans, and he too was killed, though yet again not by Tigra's hands, but by his own human lover, to whom he had lied about who and what he really is.

Tabur

Tabur
    Tabur

Tabur is creation of High Evolutionary from a regular house cat. He was left alone to earth back when High Evolutionary flew to space to inhabit his own planet. He was bitter and angry from that. Cat People took him in and tried to help him. He in-turn tried to help them by wanting to conquer the earth for them. Earth-bound Cat People, who that day revealed themselves to humans, and Tigra fought against him. In the end he was turned back to a house cat.

Tigra had second confrontation with him years later, when Tabur had claimed the crown of Cat People living in Land Within. He wanted Tigra to be his mate, but she refused. It was at time where Tigra was overpowered by her cat-soul, which Agatha Harkness directed into Tabur, changing him back to housecat yet again.

Sultan

Sultan
    Sultan

Tigra found a new enemy in Australia when she lived with aborigines in the jungle. Sultan had hired a band of mercenaries to kidnap local people and then he sold them. Women however were brought to his personal harem. Tigra too was captured, and she used her sexiness to get close to him. Tigra's friends were released and returned to their homeland. Sultan was left behind swearing revenge.

Brethren of the Blue Fist

Brethren of the Blue Fist was a group of policemen who fought crime by killing criminals. Ironically the group was founded by Tigra's dead husband William Nelson. In fact William was killed by the same group when he thought they have gone too far. Tigra used an alias to draft into police academy, and let herself initiated to the Blue Fist. Then from the inside she brought them all to justice, and completed police training to boot.

Frederick Dirkreich

Frederick Dirkreich
    Frederick Dirkreich

Frederick is an evil rich dude who wanted to be superhuman, and experimented on himself, but ended up paralyzing himself and leaving his body to steady degeneration leading to his eventual death. He then searched for other means to empower and cure himself, the search lead him to Tigra. Frederick even went such lengths to obtain the power, that he infected dozen or so people with cell degenerating disease to lure Tigra to him. One of those infected happened to be Tigra's father. Frederick found a cure by experimenting on Tigra, but Tigra freed herself after that and stole the cure for her father, leaving Frederick to die.

Torg

Torg
    Torg

Torg is just muscle man for Frederick Dirkreich. He was part of the experiment for Dirkreich to gain superhuman abilities, but that experiment failed. Now Torg is basically just a jellied mass in the power armor. His mental capacity has also been diminished, and that makes him good in following orders.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Am I the only one who hates Tigra?

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator  Online

Probably not, there are lot of haters. Plus she gets them more because she's furry, some hate her for that. There are even rumors that one of the writers at Marvel hates her.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

you have a thing for catgirls don't you?
    KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator  Online
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir: How'd you guess :)
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@KillerZ said:
    " @Emperor Gonzo Noir: How'd you guess :) "

oh I'm very observant ; )
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @KillerZ said:
    "Probably not, there are lot of haters. Plus she gets them more because she's furry, some hate her for that. There are even rumors that one of the writers at Marvel hates her. "
    The only reason I hate her is because i can't buy it (her origin I mean, that how I know if I like a character or not), I can get Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, heck, I get Ms. Marvels origin, but I can't find anything about Tigra I like
    kore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By kore

Tigra is alright on a team, but I don't care much for her solo adventures.

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator  Online
    @War Killer: That were the good old 70-ties, where one could get away without explaining things scientifically.
    SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By SilverZeo

Have any of these guys appear, or at elast cameo, in anything the last few years are so, or are the as forgotten at the supporting cast of Dc's Impulse?

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By geraldthesloth

I liked her on the WCA but that's about it

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator  Online
    @SilverZeo: 4 of them are dead at their first appearance, but they all are pretty much forgotten.
    Wolf I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Wolf I

your not the only one KillerZ who likes her. And if you know any more about the blue Fist search it on here I started something while ago.
    darkstorm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By darkstorm1

TIgra is a character that has potential.  Maybe change up her rogues list a bit.  I get an early Luke Cage feel when I look at these rogues.
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#14  Edited By Hawkeye446

@KillerZ: Really late, but this is a great blog! Thank you for writing it... :)

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator  Online
    @Hawkeye446: It's never too late, and thanks.
    Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hatutzeraze

I love checking out the rogues galleries of the less-obvious heroes. Excellent thread, KillerZ. Really, the whole thread is worth it for that picture of Donalbain's pants.

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By ExtraLarge

I've always liked her look and personality, but Marvel has mostly failed at giving her character any depth.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tigra's biggest rogue is Kraven the Hunter.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.