Follow

Tigra

Character » Tigra appears in 1015 issues.

Greer Nelson (née Grant) first appeared as The Cat in the comic of the same name. She later became Tigra through a mystic ritual that bound the soul of one of the Cat People to her own.

tigra's beat down

grkpektis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By grkpektis

Does anyone care abpu what happened to tigra in new avengers #35. I don't understand what the big deal is she's a superhero she's suposed to get beat up by super-villains. No one says it's sexist when female supervillain beats up a superhero. Besides she deserves it after what she did in civil war

Mantid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mantid

grkpektis says:

"Does anyone care abpu what happened to tigra in new avengers #35. I don't understand what the big deal is she's a superhero she's suposed to get beat up by super-villains. No one says it's sexist when female supervillain beats up a superhero. Besides she deserves it after what she did in civil war"

God... I really need to get to my book store and get #35.

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By avengpymhawk

Poor writing is what happened. I mean a two-bit Hood...Get it...Got the best out of a character who has had Avenger training, police training, and cat like powers.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Super-Buster

The Hood was apparently beefed up from his previous incarnations, I mean, he was leading a group of villains which included peeps such as the wrecking crew and he put up a good fight against the New Avengers.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ms. Invisible

It's not about Hood. It's about Tigra's out of character writing. She was seen yelling, "Aiieeee!" and didn't fight back. Tigra doesn't care if she's weaker than him because she would still defend herself. It's like you getting into a fight with someone bigger than you; if you couldn't escape, you would still put your arms up to defend yourself even though you know it wouldn't help that much. That's why people were outraged.
    Post Edited:2008-04-05 20:11:24

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Super-Buster

Ah, I see now, thanks.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Static Shock

Ms. Invisible says:

"It's not about Hood. It's about Tigra's out of character writing. Shewas seen yelling, "Aiieeee!" and didn't fight back. Tigra doesn't careif she's weaker than him because she would still defend herself. It'slike you getting into a fight with someone bigger than you; if youcouldn't escape, you would still put your arms up to defend yourselfeven though you know it wouldn't help that much. That's why people wereoutraged.
    Post Edited:2008-04-05 20:11:24"

Yeah, I was kinda pissed off at that. It was out of character for someone like Tigra to scream like a damsel in distress. And, she's one of my favorite female characters.

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Mr Mofo

She was good in West Coast Avengers. Where the he11 has she been since? That's the annoying thing about comic book limbo. Characters are often forgotten then when they do come back, it's never completely in character. But maybe it was some karma coming back to bit her in the @$$. Maybe she was just caught off guard. Who knows. She did get back at the Hood though.

Onyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Onyx

If you count, scratching his face getting back at him...sure

Onyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By Onyx

If you count, scratching his face getting back at him...sure

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.