Should Tigra Get a Restraining Order Against Bendis?

#1 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio

So in the latest "New Avengers," Bendis  has Tigra get flirty with Luke Cage (a married man) as part of the wall of potential nannies. Y'now, cuz she's a slut.  And kindly old Jarvis hates her. And she's a total wuss that cowers like a damsel in distress when in the Hood pops in on her. We get it, Bendis, you don't like Tigra. Then don't write about her. This bad fanfic approach has gotten old. Not sure why he has to degrade the character whenever he gets a chance. Maybe if he spent less energy on immature stuff like a feud with a fictional character and more on coming up with idea people would like "New Avengers" as much as "Avengers Academy." Which features... Tigra. 

#2 Posted by Jake Fury (19167 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't the Hood threaten to kill Tigra's family?
#3 Posted by Jake Fury (19167 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

I think all of Marvel should get a restraining order against Bendis.

#5 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7954 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:
" I think all of Marvel should get a restraining order against Bendis. "
I lol'd.
#6 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@ForbushBug said:
" So in the latest "New Avengers," Bendis  has Tigra get flirty with Luke Cage (a married man) as part of the wall of potential nannies. Y'now, cuz she's a slut.  And kindly old Jarvis hates her. And she's a total wuss that cowers like a damsel in distress when in the Hood pops in on her. We get it, Bendis, you don't like Tigra. Then don't write about her. This bad fanfic approach has gotten old. Not sure why he has to degrade the character whenever he gets a chance. Maybe if he spent less energy on immature stuff like a feud with a fictional character and more on coming up with idea people would like "New Avengers" as much as "Avengers Academy." Which features... Tigra.  "
your right.  bendis is a good writer and can do good stuff, but sometimes he totally disrespects random characters he doesnt like.  such as this tigra thing, or the part where venom became a literal drooling idiot.
@Jake Fury said:
" Didn't the Hood threaten to kill Tigra's family? "
after stripping her naked and brutally beating her for hours.  she has a right to be scared.  however, its obvious shes not since she kicked his ass during siege.  
#7 Posted by Jake Fury (19167 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @ForbushBug said:
" So in the latest "New Avengers," Bendis  has Tigra get flirty with Luke Cage (a married man) as part of the wall of potential nannies. Y'now, cuz she's a slut.  And kindly old Jarvis hates her. And she's a total wuss that cowers like a damsel in distress when in the Hood pops in on her. We get it, Bendis, you don't like Tigra. Then don't write about her. This bad fanfic approach has gotten old. Not sure why he has to degrade the character whenever he gets a chance. Maybe if he spent less energy on immature stuff like a feud with a fictional character and more on coming up with idea people would like "New Avengers" as much as "Avengers Academy." Which features... Tigra.  "
your right.  bendis is a good writer and can do good stuff, but sometimes he totally disrespects random characters he doesnt like.  such as this tigra thing, or the part where venom became a literal drooling idiot.
@Jake Fury said:
" Didn't the Hood threaten to kill Tigra's family? "
after stripping her naked and brutally beating her for hours.  she has a right to be scared.  however, its obvious shes not since she kicked his ass during siege.   "

I was going to say, she had a right to be scared of him and probably some deep psychological trauma.
#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:
" I think all of Marvel should get a restraining order against Bendis. "
I was honestly just about to come in here and say that. xP
#9 Posted by Jake Fury (19167 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress:
I thought about getting the new arc with the Illuminati but just don't know if I can.
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: The only thing I read by Bendis is Scarlet, because there's no continuity or already established characters. 
#11 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by KillerZ (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Tigra remembers the HoM thing...

#13 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis should be punched in the throat. /Thread.

#14 Posted by Baddamdog (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

Tigra got her revenge on the hood in Avengers: the Initative, she wasn't scared of him, she wanted to kill him. That is bad writing from Bendis.

#15 Posted by jayskee (1908 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:
"I think all of Marvel should get a restraining order against Bendis."
#16 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio
@ForbushBug said:
"So in the latest "New Avengers," Bendis  has Tigra get flirty with Luke Cage (a married man) as part of the wall of potential nannies. Y'now, cuz she's a slut.  And kindly old Jarvis hates her. And she's a total wuss that cowers like a damsel in distress when in the Hood pops in on her. We get it, Bendis, you don't like Tigra. Then don't write about her. This bad fanfic approach has gotten old. Not sure why he has to degrade the character whenever he gets a chance. Maybe if he spent less energy on immature stuff like a feud with a fictional character and more on coming up with idea people would like "New Avengers" as much as "Avengers Academy." Which features... Tigra.  "

HAH!   
Good post!
#17 Posted by daredevil21134 (12379 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
"@ForbushBug said:
"So in the latest "New Avengers," Bendis  has Tigra get flirty with Luke Cage (a married man) as part of the wall of potential nannies. Y'now, cuz she's a slut.  And kindly old Jarvis hates her. And she's a total wuss that cowers like a damsel in distress when in the Hood pops in on her. We get it, Bendis, you don't like Tigra. Then don't write about her. This bad fanfic approach has gotten old. Not sure why he has to degrade the character whenever he gets a chance. Maybe if he spent less energy on immature stuff like a feud with a fictional character and more on coming up with idea people would like "New Avengers" as much as "Avengers Academy." Which features... Tigra.  "
HAH!   Good post! "
#18 Posted by superboyrocks13 (1089 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoseDRiveraTCR7:
yes yes yes yes yes! i would love that
#19 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, along with Ms. Marvel.

#20 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

And Mockingbird, don't forget about her lol! 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.