Follow

Thundercats

Team » Thundercats appears in 221 issues.

The Thundercats are a group of anthropomorphic felines who fight with The Mutants in the fictional Third Earth world. They are led by Lion-O. Recently they have had books published under Wildstorm.

ThunderCats: The Complete Series Coming to Blu-ray

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The show ended way too early. With just twenty-six episodes, the show managed to reboot the series and bring the ThunderCats to a new generation. It's unfortunate we didn't get more episodes in order to see where the show could have gone next. At least we can relive those episodes once again on Blu-ray now.

No Caption Provided

ThunderCats Ho! Warner Archive Collection is proud to offer an all-new Blu-ray edition of “ThunderCats: The Complete Series,” the 2011 reimagining of the classic 1980s animation action series. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, “ThunderCats: The Complete Series” will street on November 11, 2014 with pre-orders now available via wbshop.com (http://bit.ly/ThunderCatsBD).

A generation after becoming beloved animation icons, the mighty survivors of Thundera returned in 2011 for a bold re-imagining that mixed the best of the past with the boldness of the new. And in “ThunderCats: The Complete Series,” fans get Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, Snarf, Cheetara, Wily Kit and Wily Kat bringing the battle cry of “ThunderCats Ho!” for all 26 episodes in “sight beyond sight” 1080p HD on Blu-ray Disc – as they were meant to be seen.

After the destruction of the cat civilization of Thundera by the evil Mumm-Ra, young Prince Lion-O (voiced by Will Friedle) leads a small band of survivors to safety. As the threats of Mumm-Ra ring in their ears, these determined cats know what they must do: find the Book of Omens. Using his powerful Sword of Omens, Lion-O guides his friends, facing vicious foes and making fantastic new allies while racing towards a showdown with Mumm-Ra (Robin Atkin Downes).

Here's a clip and some images in case you missed out on the show the first time around or if you just want a reminder of how good the show was.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This show was awesome.

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By sbyrstall

I loved this remake of this series. It felt more like a journey than episodic (like the first time). It also had that anime feel to them, just because Studio 4°C (a Japanese anime production company) was doing it. It's to bad it didn't find the market here to be continuous. We Americans can be so blind to when a good product is right in front of them. (Maybe it's time to get a BD player now?? lol)

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

A remake that should have never have been cancelled

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

The show wasn't perfect but I enjoyed the heck out of it. It was a great way to introduce the characters to my daughter and give us a reason to watch the original DVDs (not that I really needed an excuse to watch them).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

This show was pretty fun and an enjoyable take on the Thundercats mythos. It's a shame it got cancelled before its time.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I would rather the 1980s version.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..Animated shows seem to be on the decline unfortunately.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

Another good show killed too soon.

Seathdroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a fully realized and executed concept, this show was better than the original.

Yeah I said it. And I love the original.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blackice709

I would rather the 1980s version.

then go get it

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to see this series so I might get this.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gracetrack

Gah... Why do great animated shows like this one get cancelled, but drivel such as Teen Titans Go! get renewed?

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was kinda hoping that maybe this would include a proper ending to the series but that obviously was gonna happen. Animated shows these days have a bad habit of canceling.

Techherofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another great cartoon show.With it's darker tone it really should have been on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim line up.

BrotherEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Was a fun show, a shame really. Not sure if I would say it was the best cartoon ever as there were others that would beat it there but many of them including the rebooted ThunderCats deserved to had continued. A shame.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

This was such a good show. Hate that it got cancelled prematurely.

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EscGamer

ended way to early, I loved the direction it was going. So sad to see something with potential die off so early. I wished that had decided to do one final season straight to DVD/Blu-ray and finish it off and release it to end the series how it was intended too.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I miss this show!

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God that cliffhanger still irks me to this day. I wish the writers would release what would've been the ending to the series

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

this show was awful. they raped my childhood and ruined just about everything that made the original special. thank god it was cancelled.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show was amazing! Like many of the updated reboots of classic shows they did a masterful job of telling new stories while paying homage to the original. But like another reboot of a classic on Cartoon Network (Masters of the Universe), it didn't get the push it deserved and fell by the wayside. It seems like the only show to escape that trap was TMNT which is currently still trucking along with a great new show. The 2002-2009 versions were great too, mining stuff from Mirage and Archie comics both. Transformers: Prime, and to a lesser extent GIJoe: Renegades on Hub were also great reboots.

@frozenedge - I know right?!? Give me a movie or a mini-series or at least a frickin comic!!! Young Justice at least got to end the arc, even if it was open, as did Green Lantern! Damn you Cartoon Network!!!

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seathdroke:

Agreed 100% I've tried to re-watch the 80's version but it's just so corny most of the time. It has it's moments but damn, time has not been kind to my childhood. It's like that across the board with my favorite shows. Which is why I so HATE the whole "They're destroying my childhood" statement.

I dare all of you who are stuck looking at things through the rose-tinted lenses of Nostalgia to watch an entire season of an 80's classic and come back and tell me it's as good (for the same reasons you remember) as it was then, or it's as deep and meaningful with great storytelling. I still love my He-Man, and my Thundercats, and my Voltron, and my Transformers, but other than certain episodes, movies and such they really weren't that well done.

For example the set up of the original Thundercats basically had them being Cat powered superheroes, with episodic, generic "Stop the bad guy" themes. Sure there were messages in the episodes, but in the end the shows were there to sell toys. There was no real story to be told. And that is the difference with most of these new shows compared to the originals. The new shows were made to tell stories (toys are definitely involved, but there is a larger focus on stories when writing the series) while the old shows were made around the concept of toys, and there wasn't really anything other than what will get the good guys and bad guys fighting. Hell even the Michael Bay movies are only taking that and expanding it into a 2+ hr flick instead of 30 minutes (but he has a serious issue with character development, or lack there of unless they're name is Bumblebee or Optimus Prime). As a matter of fact it wasn't really until Gargoyles, Spider-Man (90's) and Batman:TAS that we got deep stories that had repercussions down the line.

In the end if we ever get a Thundercats flick, I want it more like this show (which had a great backstory and mythology).

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25  Edited By deadcool_XD

Is Legends of Chima just a worse cartoon version of thunder cats? Some characters look ridiculously similar.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

This made my day

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet, I'll keep my eyes open...when I get spare cash...

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

The show ended way too early

Understatement of the f*cking century!

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the best shows to come out of Cartoon Network, januuh~

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Actually, i was kinda upset when i've heard it was cancelled (And i never saw the original serie).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.