ThunderCats Episode 4: "Song of the Petalars" Clips & Images

Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio

Get ready for another all-new ThunderCats episode this Friday. You have been watching the new series, right? As someone who watched the original when it aired, I do approve of this version. On Friday, August 12 at 8:30/7:30 central, "Songs of the Petalars" premieres.

Who are the Petalars? With the ThunderCats on the run from the unstoppable lizard army, Lion-O takes the team into hiding. During this time, they encounter a race of creatures who live out their entire lifetime in 24 hours. This teaches Lion-O a valuable lesson about hope. Plus, get ready for the debut of PANTHRO and the Thundertank.

Here's a couple clips courtesy of Warner Bros. and Cartoon Network.

If those weren't enough, here's some images, including Panthro and the Thundertank.

Staff
#1 Posted by punisher1313 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the premiere was amazing but when you have a filler episode only the second week in it raises some doubts.

#2 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this show! I just wished the character designs weren't so..... different(?)....lol

Just wished Young Justice would be back already as well.

#3 Posted by SnakeEyes327 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Thundercats is actually quite awesome in the early stages, even if the third episode was a "filler". Then again, when you have to set out on a journey, I'm not sure how an episode where they get from point A to point B is filler. Looking forward to seeing more this Friday.

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen anything of the new one.

#5 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

While the third episode did seem like filler, it was the episode for Wilykit and Wilykat to officially join the group...so it was worth something lol

#6 Posted by Shipwreck (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it me or do they look boneless? The faces don't seem to have any bone structure to them.

#7 Posted by NightFang (9644 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like the 3rd episode, but this like better.

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
I didn't like the 3rd episode, but this like better.
agrred, like I needed to see Moby Dick/Thundercats crossover, lol...stilll I guess it was good for kids

Panthro FTW!!
#9 Posted by Baddamdog (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

The animation is great! 

I haven't seen the show yet, is it any good?

#10 Posted by NightFang (9644 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: Yeah, the best parts of the episode was  Wilykit and Wilykat.   

#11 Posted by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:

I'm really not digging the animation style, I don't hate anime or anything, It's just the context of the show combined with the american anime style...I feel like I'm watching Avatar with Cat-people
#12 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

This show looks terrible. Where the hell is Young Justice?

#13 Edited by NightFang (9644 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:

@NightFang said:

I'm really not digging the animation style, I don't hate anime or anything, It's just the context of the show combined with the american anime style...I feel like I'm watching Avatar with Cat-people
Some of the people who worked on Avatar are working on this show. The old Thundercats was really a Japanese anime.
#14 Posted by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:

Some of the people who worked on Avatar are working on this show. The old Thundercats was really a Japanese.
Really, that makes sense

Thats a common misconception....some of the animators were Japanese, it was an american cartoon
#15 Edited by NightFang (9644 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:

@NightFang said:

Some of the people who worked on Avatar are working on this show. The old Thundercats was really a Japanese.
Really, that makes sense  Thats a common misconception....some of the animators were Japanese, it was an american cartoon.
I mean't they were a Japanese company that did the animation for the old show, 
#16 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay slow down you sound like me when I was your age....AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH EHHEHEEH O_o but anyways it seems like this will be a younger take on the thundercats SWEEETTT and he's whats her face is HOT!

#17 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!

#18 Posted by Harlekin (680 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope ThunderCats gets a good long run. Great animation by Studio 4°C, and great lore/world building by the writers. Show has delivered so far and in a lot of ways its better then the original.

#19 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Awsome

#20 Posted by xanthiss (177 posts) - - Show Bio

FLOWER POWER!

#21 Posted by Karl (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss the old 80's cartoon with the awesome theme tune.

#22 Posted by Akameknon (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I noticed the new Thundercats seems to be borrowing from "classic" stories. The "Trojan horse" in the premiere and the "Moby dick" episode. When I saw that I was all, "I love you Thundercats, but really?" I still like it tough, so far. Wily Kit and Kat are adorable :)

#23 Posted by lady_sinestro (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I appreciate the re-boot. I think this one is working a hell of a lot better than that horrible Voltron show. xD The episode looks great! I missed the last couple. >>

#24 Posted by ltbrd (552 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still having trouble getting over hearing Terry McGinnis when Lion-O speaks but other than that I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes and the depiction of all the characters feels better than the original. Very happy they don't have Snarf speak and they didn't follow the original and age Lion-O from a child to adulthood. A teenage version feels right for the character to continually progress through the series rather than be the best of them right from the start. The fact that he also has different ideas than the others I thought was a cool touch as he represents a new direction for his people than what Cheetara and Tygra believe. 

Wouldn't call episode 3 a filler because it did advance the story of the heroes and gave Lion-O some leadership development but what disappointed me the most about it (and this is carryover from the premiere) is that the series was really quick to get them off on their adventure that they never finished the invasion of the thundercats home. I mean, they burned Cladius and Lion-O engraved the symbol of the thundercats behind him while the city was still filled with lizard people.......and then they simply walked out the front gate. The premiere ended with them overlooking the city on a cliff.....why climb down it into enemy occupied territory? Nor did they go into anything that happened to the other thundercats. Didn't show them being enslaved, taken out of the city or anything. So the pacing of the show is a bit off right now but hopefully things will settle down a bit more as the first season goes on.
#25 Posted by Grimoire (503 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the animation style as a fan of the original series when I was a kid. lol

#26 Posted by nnotdead (78 posts) - - Show Bio

i just didn't get how the premier the cats had no clue what technology was, but in the last episode Tygra whips out a laser gun on a ship that flew on electricity. not to mention the net the pirates used to capture the Thundercats was just big enough to hold them but was meant for a creature larger than the ship they where on.

i am fine with the over all look of the characters. the only two i didn't like was Lion-O and Panthero.

#27 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

This show is horrible. Thundercats it's another thing, not this cartoon.

#28 Posted by Eboria (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I approve of this new series but this series needs one thing badly. I NEEDS ME SOME THUNDERTANK AND PANTHRO.

#29 Posted by MrRagePants (843 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Dedpool (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Eboria- Thi episode you gets what you need!!!
#31 Posted by Dedpool (252 posts) - - Show Bio

Really feeling the direction the show is going in. The continuity seems to be very much like Avatar, and I like how they balance the light with the serious. Greta improvement on a classic and much love franchise. Now bring on Mumm-ra the EVER LIVING!!!
#32 Posted by Zomboid (740 posts) - - Show Bio

The show is decent, I've been following it. I just don't particularly care for Lion-O in this reboot, and I don't like what they've done with Snarf either.

#33 Posted by Cessate (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@NXH said:
This show looks terrible. Where the hell is Young Justice?
Clearly you haven't taken the time to watch it, nor the time to even read about it, hey? Save the idiotic judgments until AFTER you've witnessed it yourself. Assuming only makes you look dumb.

As for the Episode 3, I enjoyed it. As someone said prior, they're starting a journey, you can't expect them to go from point A to point B in a single episode. To call it "filler" really makes no sense to me. There was definitely character development on Lion-Os behalf, which seems like a big deal IMO.
#34 Posted by Konami_Fox (7 posts) - - Show Bio

this cartoon looks soo dope

#35 Posted by Iron_Turtle (579 posts) - - Show Bio

So... what is it? the Sword of Omens or the Club of Omens? Because so far I don't think he's cut a damned thing.

#36 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (3892 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zomboid said:
The show is decent, I've been following it. I just don't particularly care for Lion-O in this reboot, and I don't like what they've done with Snarf either.
Snarf is a Pokemon now who just basically says his name over and over. I do miss neurotic snarf.
#37 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

This episode was really sad...good, but sad :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.