Follow

Thundercats

Team » Thundercats appears in 221 issues.

The Thundercats are a group of anthropomorphic felines who fight with The Mutants in the fictional Third Earth world. They are led by Lion-O. Recently they have had books published under Wildstorm.

Thundercats Episode 17: "Native Son" Discussion

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Inverno

* SPOILERS ALERT*

While traveling through snowy mountains in search of safe passage, Tygra and Lion-O come upon a lost tiger village and in it they find Tygra's real father. Tygra learns why his father sent him away as a baby — to save his life. But all is not as it seems in this village as the brothers learn these tigers are cursed and Tygra may be the answer to saving them — but at the cost of his own life.

This episode was okay because it gave a backstory to Tygra, how he was adopted and explained better why he is a jerk around Lion-O, they brought back Larry Kenney as Claudius during the flashback and we are introduced to his wife and Lion-O's mother (who is such a babe), Tygra' real father Javan and his Tiger tribe. Unfortunatly this episode served as nothing more than filler because it ended the same way it started with the Thundercats trapped inside the montains and needing to find a way out, even if we met the Tigers and released them from the shadow monster, nothing really happened it didn't move the plot forward (except Tygra gained a new whip) and served no purpose other than reassure the loyalty between brothers. Also I was dissapointed that Bengali hasn't showed up yet despite this episode centered around the tigers. Overall it was a okay episode.

Next episode will be "Survival of the Fittest".

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I actually adored this episode. I came into this episode expecting a filler (since I know the synopses for the other episodes) after the first 3 episodes pushed forward the plot and developed Lion-O well, I think it gave insight on Tygra and we know the reason why he developed a jealousy for Lion-O. It wasn't just cause Lion-O was the true blood heir to the throne but because his mother's relationship almost completely changed Tygra's outlook like when his mother didn't call him a prince but switched it to darling and then she ended up dying. Tygra's jealousy towards Lion-O was caused by what Tygra was going to have, having it stripped away, and his mother dying because of the birth so we have a few factors that probably contributed that. And since Tygra's dad was the leader of this tiger clan, Tygra actually did come from a somewhat noble decent too which I think was cool. What it lacked in plot development, it made up for solid character development of my favorite character. And I like the new whip, definitely a shout out to the 80's version.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.