ThunderCats Episode 14: "New Alliances" Kicks Off Season 2

• 62 results
Posted by G-Man (18920 posts) - - Show Bio

The ThunderCats are coming back. It hasn't been too long since the last new episode but Season 2 is here along with some changes. Normally when we hear changes are coming, there's a bit of panic. The only real change is the day and time the show airs. Instead of Friday nights, the ThunderCats are moving to Saturday mornings! That's when cartoons should be seen, right?

Beginning Saturday, March 24, ThunderCats will air on Cartoon Network at 9:30 a.m. ET/PT. That means you can enjoy ThunderCats and DC Nation all in one sitting.

Season 2 begins with the fourteenth episode, "New Alliances." The ThunderCats go on the offensive in taking down Mumm-Ra's lizard army piece by piece. Mumm-Ra counters with getting Slithe to recruit two new and vicious generals, Addicus and Kaynar to retaliate against the 'Cats. Meanwhile, the Robear Berbils give Panthro a hand (or two) to help with his recent development.

Check out these video clips courtesy of Warner Bros. and Cartoon Network.

== TEASER ==

And here's some images from the episode as well.

#1 Posted by cattlebattle (13407 posts) - - Show Bio

get em' Lion-O

#2 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

So glad this show is FINALLY BACK, it took a long time, but it is BACK

#3 Edited by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of hate Cheetara now for how she lead Lion-O on like that.

#4 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want Pumyra and Ben-Gali to show up and join the cast!! We need some fresh hero faces to join because of this long hiatus from the show!!

#5 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, since the hiatus of random shows on Cartoonnetwork, they've been replaced by random shows on Friday. Ben 10 Ultimate Alien was moved to Saturday and was replaced by Lego Ninjago and Level Up! While Star Wars the Clone Wars and Generator Rex are the only shows that stayed on Friday. Now Thundercats, Young Justice, and Ben 10 are all on Saturday, Cartoonetwork is really trying to push these (obviously) better shows further from Friday. Glad to see Thundercats, and Young Justice and Ben 10 Ultimate Alien all coming back, as they are some of the best stuff on Cartoonetwork currently.

#6 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it is about time!!

#7 Posted by G-Man (18920 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang: My daughter feels the same way. She used to love Cheetara. Now she's not so sure.

#8 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahhh the old hoverboards. How I missed thee!

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (38396 posts) - - Show Bio

Beat you to it G-Man, I already blogged about this on Sunday night. I just didn't have the clips. :P

In all seriousness, I am happy the season is kicking off soon. I'm glad they didn't just make it a summer release series.

#10 Edited by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@NightFang: My daughter feels the same way. She used to love Cheetara. Now she's not so sure.

Yeah, some people defend Cheetara's actions or say she didn't mislead Lion-O, but come on with all the emotional support and some sexual innuendo how could she choice Tygra?

#11 Posted by Roldan (241 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

Same here.

#12 Posted by MrMazz (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

ahhhhh yea Addicus and Kaynar.

Man Cheatara did nothing wrong besides gotta let the Ron Weasley of the group win something,

#13 Posted by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMazz: The video I posted above should change your mind.

#14 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

Really not liking how this show and Young Justice is on the Saturday block. Still, glad that ThunderCats is back.

ThunderCats, HO!!!!!

#15 Edited by God_Spawn (38396 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang: I actually have to agree with you on what Cheetara did was kind of bad and I don't know if the writers had in mind for Tygra and Cheetara at the start. Considering how all the events led up to Lion-O then in the last 3 episodes or so, then this rush job skewered it and paired her with Tygra. A fan speculation rumor was that after the Astral Plane fight Tygra awakened his mental abilities and it was all an illusion to screw with Lion-O and the bell didn't exactly show what was going on cause it was on Lion-O's face. It was kind of dumb IMO but now with the more pics of them together it makes the relationship legit. Personally, I don't mind since Tygra and Cheetara are my fave characters, but the way the whole thing went down was kind of half-baked.

#16 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still not to sure about this remake so far. Everytime Lion-O speaks I keep waiting from Bruce to show up ans say be careful Terry. That and I really dont care for Lion-o's redesign as it feels like it couldve been better or the twins either but maybe this is just me nitpicking.

#17 Posted by KidSupreme (826 posts) - - Show Bio

I am totally digging the new series!

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35159 posts) - - Show Bio

I really need to (cat)ch up on this show

#19 Posted by obscurefan (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey the rest of the mutants are making their debut, I look forward to it.

#20 Posted by Eyz (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

They're gonna be back!!! FINALLY!! Hooray!

#21 Posted by JamDamage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

this show is great.

#22 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang said:

I hated how this whole love triangle was dealt in the first season.

#23 Posted by God_Spawn (38396 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@NightFang said:

It felt rushed and rather sloppy. I think they could have done a much better job on it.

#24 Edited by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@NightFang said:

It wasn't even a love triangle, all Cheetara did was blush at Tygra when he smiled at her in first two episodes and that was a brief moment and nothing else.

#25 Posted by Atary77 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! Totally setting my DVR for this!

#26 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn, @NightFang not just the love triangle (or lack of) but all that prophecy about Tygra turning turning against Lion-O and betraying him. It turns out the only betray Tygra commited was taking Lion-O's girl for himself.

#27 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

i almost forgot about this show! glad to see its coming back, this, young justice and mystery incoporated have been my top three favorite shows on cartoon network lately...but speaking of which...

WHEN IS MYSTERY INC COMING BACK!? :(

#28 Posted by DKing_CiCADA (330 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad its coming back and that young justice is back, but does it have to be in the morning =/

#29 Posted by God_Spawn (38396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: Mystery Inc is done from my understanding.

#30 Posted by laabitres (472 posts) - - Show Bio

finally

#31 Posted by Radread (223 posts) - - Show Bio

All right, Jackle-man and Monkian are in the house! Bring on Vulture-man and Rataro!

#32 Posted by AlKusanagi (652 posts) - - Show Bio

Really wish it were on some time Sunday through Thursday instead of Fridays and Saturdays.

#33 Posted by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY $H!T!

#34 Posted by Bestostero (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: it cant be! it left at a cliffhanger!

i just looked on wiki and it says its returning in May 3rd and that was sited on the official warner bros site, so i feel confident it isnt over yet...just on hiatus...like young justice and thundercats was/is lol

#35 Posted by Namor1987 (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad Monkian doesn't sound like he has a mental illnes anymore & same for Jackalman or should I say Kaynar & Addicu

#36 Posted by eiderglast (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the set-up, tygra was always meant to be for cheetara,and Lion-o is meant to be with this one:

MANDORA

#37 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1184 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree with nightfang iam a lin-o/cheetara fan.

#38 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait! :)

#39 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for this show. Now i hope they bring in Pumyra and Ben-Gali! Please!

#40 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Lion-O and Mandora. I can see that happening.

#41 Edited by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

@eiderglast said:

I like the set-up, tygra was always meant to be for cheetara,and Lion-o is meant to be with this one:

MANDORA

@Purgy said:

Lion-O and Mandora. I can see that happening.

How I liked that pairing but I doubt the creators will throw that bone at Lion-O or even remember her name and put her into the new series.

#42 Posted by God_Spawn (38396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bestostero: I heard it was over after the last season so if it's coming back I'm not complaining.

@Purgy said:

Can't wait for this show. Now i hope they bring in Pumyra and Ben-Gali! Please!

Bengali would be awesome.

#43 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Bengali would be could to see again, but i would love to see Pumyra. She's my fav thundercat, even if they used her for only a few shows. I still think in my view she's better than Chetara

#44 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

No i think they will or someday use her. To stay ture to the fans. I know i would love to see how they would do Mandora for the new series.

#45 Posted by God_Spawn (38396 posts) - - Show Bio

@Purgy: I don't doubt would eventually.

#46 Posted by db8coach (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I think J.M. DeMattes said he wrote this episode.

#47 Posted by BoyWander (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope they step up their game this season... last season was really disappointing. I only enjoyed a few of the episodes... maybe 5 tops...

#48 Posted by blueninjapanther (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright I can't waitto watch this.

#49 Posted by Dedpool (376 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this really a second season though? As for the new generals I like that they gave them actual names instead of the generic decriptive ones from before. Addicus and Kaynar for some reason still say "ape" and "canine" and I like that. Also loving the changes to the mythology and lore. Panthro with cyber arms will be interesting and the fact that we're still building the world means there's alot to come.

#50 Posted by BloodTalon (443 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this show and I am so glad to see that they gave Jackal man and Monkian real names it always bothered me that Slithe was the only one with a name.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.