Follow

Thundercats

Team » Thundercats appears in 221 issues.

The Thundercats are a group of anthropomorphic felines who fight with The Mutants in the fictional Third Earth world. They are led by Lion-O. Recently they have had books published under Wildstorm.

So...Thundercats is done I suppose

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

The 2011 Thundercats remake seems to be gone I got his from the Toynews website...

Cartoon Network issued a press release for their upfronts yesterday, listing all their new and returning shows. On the new side:

• Nick Cannon Sketch Comedy Series
    • Annoying Orange (yes, a show based on the YouTube video)
    • DreamWorks Dragons: The Series (based on How to Train Your Dragon, which is fine)
    • New LEGO Project
    • Ben 10: Omniverse
    • Beware the Batman
    (the one with a gun-toting Alfred)
    • Total Drama: Revenge of the Island

And the returning series...
    • Adventure Time
    • Regular Show
    • MAD
    • The Amazing World of Gumball
    • The Looney Tunes Show
    • Ninjago
    • Level Up
    • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    • Young Justice
    • Johnny Test
    • Pokémon
    • Green Lantern: The Animated Series
    • Almost Naked Animals
    • Casper's Scare School
    • Hero 108
    • Scaredy Squirrel
    • Sidekick

Notice anything missing from this list? Yeah, the ThunderCats are loose, and not in a good way. And since Bandai didn't have any new ThunderCats toys at the New York Toy Fair month, I think we can safely say that Cartoon Network is setting them in a box that says "FREE '80S PROPERTY" by the side of the road at some point in the near future. Sigh. 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'd probably wait to see if there is any official statement that it gets cancelled first since we are only 2 episodes deep out of a 13 episode season. But I'm probably blinded by my fanboyism.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cattlebattle
    @god_spawn said:

I'd probably wait to see if there is any official statement that it gets cancelled first since we are only 2 episodes deep out of a 13 episode season. But I'm probably blinded by my fanboyism.

To be honest...I thought of you when I posted this (no homo)

I would have agreed that maybe the show will be aired on another network, or I would wait for official word or something, but...the fact there was no new toys at the toyfair would worry me
    Original_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Original_Sin

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/03/thundercats-season-two/

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RedOwl_1

Annoying Orange?!?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

There was a new Thundercats show?......huh.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Just thought about it. I still think we should wait before jumping to conclusions but this is my take on it. Mystery INC just got renewed for a 2nd season and it isn't on there and I know there are other shows that haven't been listed on those lists before that came. This set of shows is most likely for the fall series coming which means T-cats won't be back til 2013. It took them almost 4 months to run through 13 episodes then another 4-5 to start up the next season. With new shows debuting and new seasons starting, T-cats current season would end near the beginning to middle of Summer anyways and as I said with the new shows debuting, it could just be pushed off until next winter. And another reason they didn't have any toys is probably because Bandai revealed everything to early so they had nothing to reveal at the toy fair. Also I believe they have a 52 episode contract so maybe the show could be possibly moving or just to DVD release if they do if not it will be cancelled. Also I forgot to mention they just released digital comics and magazines of the show in the UK and DC comics (obviously since WB owns the show and DC comics). In short, the toys were shipped too early and WB just put out more new 2011 T-cats stuff via the comics and magazines and we are just stepping into 2 episode of the new season which means we have about 11 more to go and by the looks of the episodes seem solid and by moving the show to Saturday mornings which is a prime time slot for kids to watch which could help quite a bit.

I'll stick with my instincts and say the show will be fine. I still think it is too early to say anything is set in stone, but I will be logical though and say if the show is in any danger another season could possibly depend on how well the new season does and how well all the comics and previous toys do which are just beginning. And since T-cats has such a large fanbase I'm not doubting there are tens of thousands of people emailing, tweeting, facebooking, tumblring, google plusing and whatever other multimedia communications out there are showing their concern which will definitely help if we show the creators and companies their support and concern of the show.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@cattlebattle: I looked into it and check my above post. We are just starting the new season and 2-3 weeks ago IIRC the UK (country) and DC (comic company) will be releasing digital comics and magazines of the show. Also I found this statement from CN themselves on Thundercats.ws. Take it for what you will.\

I have contacted cartoon network to see if they would clarify what is going on. The initial response was as follows:
    "Thundercats just premiered its second season on March 24 and new episodes continue on Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. ET/PT."
    I pressed a bit further, hoping to get a little more clarity. This was the response from that request.
    "I understand, and while I’m sorry you are dealing with lots of inquiries it’s nice to know that the fans love the show and are so engaged. The premieres will continue."
    While they didn't address the press release directly, it looks as if the show will go on.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle
    @god_spawn: The WB originally said there would be 52 episodes or so of the show over all, that was before it aired though
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

That Total Drama Island stuff is STILL happening?? wow 

And yeah..I started out watching Thundercats, but after awhile, I stopped tuning in, it lost my attention.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Damn

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@cattlebattle: That's fine, but still I think we are just jumping to conclusions for now. Both of us potentially given the lack of info. But I think with the way the show is heading as of now, it will finish the 52 episodes. If it was going to be cancelled in 2 months there would be no reason to release the comics and magazines of it. If the show isn't garnering attention, digital comics sure as hell won't. But I do hope I put enough info my little post about what could be happening and what the companies are doing to keep everyone's hopes up. With the possibility of it being cancelled it will definitely spark supporters to do something, as I said it has a humongous fanbase and plenty of those people will be showing their support. But hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I still stick with my gut saying it will be fine though.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By BatteredArmor

Most of the new ones sound awful and having seen the old ones the same sentiment applies.........I miss the mid 90's early 2000's cartoons those were just plain out the best.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle
    @god_spawn said:

@cattlebattle: That's fine, but still I think we are just jumping to conclusions for now. Both of us potentially given the lack of info. But I think with the way the show is heading as of now, it will finish the 52 episodes. If it was going to be cancelled in 2 months there would be no reason to release the comics and magazines of it. If the show isn't garnering attention, digital comics sure as hell won't. But I do hope I put enough info my little post about what could be happening and what the companies are doing to keep everyone's hopes up. With the possibility of it being cancelled it will definitely spark supporters to do something, as I said it has a humongous fanbase and plenty of those people will be showing their support. But hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I still stick with my gut saying it will be fine though.

Yes, we can't completely believe one random article that really has no ties to Cartoon Network, the press release it has could have indicated that Thundercats won't return till 2013, as  its just the fall season schedule....who knows

The fact that there was no new toys at the Toy Fair would worry me a bit, although there could be a reason for that aswell,

All the media they're releasing doesn't mean anything necessarily, shows like Spectacular Spider-Man, He-Man 2002, and Sumurai Jack had a lot of steam behind it only to wind up canceled in the middle/beginning of their second or third seasons

Again...and I'm not trying to be negative , the large fanbase doesn't matter either, I am a huge He-Man fan and supporter and despite He-Man.orgs best efforts and petitions..they still canned that show.....
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@cattlebattle: With the toys I still think it was cause Bandai released everything too soon so they had nothing at the toy fair. Regardless, there are a lot options and points that could really spin this in either or direction. We could be debating whether it can/will/would/should be continued or cancelled for awhile. The most we can do is keep an eye open for now for any new info that pops up and wait. Until then, I'll keep my chin up.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Sucks if it's true.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
    @god_spawn said:

@cattlebattle: With the toys I still think it was cause Bandai released everything too soon so they had nothing at the toy fair. Regardless, there are a lot options and points that could really spin this in either or direction. We could be debating whether it can/will/would/should be continued or cancelled for awhile. The most we can do is keep an eye open for now for any new info that pops up and wait. Until then, I'll keep my chin up.

Yeah, I'm going to remain positive and wait for official word 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.