Thunderbolts to have their roster changed AGAIN?!

• 55 results
#1 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

This came out today:

This is the cover of issue 163.
Is this a new lineup?  Where did Songbird, Mach V, Troll, Satanna and Shocker go?!
Why are Captain America and Namor on the team?!
Why did they get rid of Shocker if he was the fan voted on vote?!  Why did we get so much development for Satanna and Troll if they are already gone?!
SO MANY QUESTIONS!  WE NEED ANSWERS!
#2 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

Its proabbly not the full line up, I mean the new avengers book only had captain america, wolverine, spiderman, thor, and ironman I think, and there were alot more members. Or maybe the others will get a new book. Two thudnerbolt books?
#3 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShadowX: That would be nice.
#4 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca

yeah. and even though this proabbly wont happen now. I always thought it would be cool to have two differnt Thunderbolt teams with very differnt motives, and differnt members. LIke one book could be about a team, of villians looking for redemption and truely trying to change led by Songbird. And a other book, about Villians more simmilar to the Thunderbolts during Dark reign led by Moonstone or one of the other more villanous past members of thunderbolts.
#5 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude chill out, it's just a cover, I really really doubt they'd be getting rid of the team again and would place cap and namor on the thunderbolts, it'll probs just have to do with what happens in the story arc or issue, not the whole team

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog said:
Dude chill out, it's just a cover, I really really doubt they'd be getting rid of the team again and would place cap and namor on the thunderbolts, it'll probs just have to do with what happens in the story arc or issue, not the whole team

Namor should be there
#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

Covers are notoriously misleading. Actually read the issue before you start going nuts about it.

#8 Posted by SC (13092 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is that they are actually all Skrulls. Thunderbolts will be replaced by Skrulls. Its the only logical answer. Well... the more logical answer is that all teams are replaced by Skrulls and have been for the last 80 years. So team rosters don't really matter anyway and sadly never have. Then again, you could be a Skrull and I could be a Skrull and we both already know this, so you are just trolling the humans. 

#9 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: I'm just saying, alarming cover.
#10 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

by the way who are the bottom two people.
#11 Posted by Danial79 (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

I have absolute faith in Jeff Parker :)

#12 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by longbowhunter (7077 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79 said:

Me to. I'll continue to read as long as Parker is writing.

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

People just can't wait to start bitching any more can they

#15 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Hey, I'm just trying to build hype, I ain't bitching.
#16 Posted by Omertalvendetta (395 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: I think, given the current events of Fear Itself, that Juggernaut may no longer be in the team??
#17 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they get rid of Luke Cage I will start getting Thunderbolts again.  Until then Avengers and Thunderbolts aren't on my pull list.
#18 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7816 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

Covers are notoriously misleading. Actually read the issue before you start going nuts about it.

#19 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@omertalvendetta
That was kinda obvious. 
@Manchine: 
Well GOOD NEWS!  He's not in Fear Itself T-bolts at all! 
#20 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79 said:

We all do, but Marvel really needs to settle down on a thunderbolts team with set, IRREPLACEABLE (sp) members !
#21 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: You mean Songbird and Moonstone?
#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, why would Cap ever be a Thunderbolt?

#23 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: I mean Juggernaut, Ghost, Cage, Moonstone, Satanna, Songbird, Fixer and Mach V.

And I would like something done with the last three, because while they are cool, they are never in the spotlight and are only kept there because Marvel doesn't have any other place to put them.
#24 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: I think Parker is adjusting to them.  He admitted to not being a true T-bolts fan when he got onto the book.

@Gambit1024:  He was one back during the Redeemers arc.
#25 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: Really good to know, but I really would like for the team to have a fixed roster, The Thunderbolts is an excellent idea and it sucks that each new writer changes every single team member with the exception of Fixer, Songbird and Mach V.
#26 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: It is hard, especially since many villains must stay villains.
Parker also says that T-bolts fans expect the unexpected, so that's why this new change is happening.
#27 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: Wouldn't it be logical then to use the ones that don't have to stay as villains ?

And what new change ? Remember it's only a cover friend, I'm still waiting for the fight between Taskmaster and The Secret Avengers that Fred Van Lente promised me back then when Taskmaster #4 came out !
#28 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: But look at the solicit for the cover and the .1 after it. The T-bolts are escaping, and Songbird needs to track them down.
#29 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see a roster change even in this cover. Looks like current roster members with two guest stars (Cap and Namor).
The Thunderbolts covers usually don't feature the full roster, which is as of to date very expansive.

#30 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: For starters that's Team Beta, and they were NEVER going to get that far, second, covers are misleading, don't worry, Jeff Parker is not the kind of writer to pull absurd sucker punches.
#31 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: Again, solicits for September state that the T-bolts are escaping, and the .1 issue is about Songbird hunting them down.
#32 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: Which T-Bolts ? Cage's team or the beta ones ? We already know Beta is trying an escape as soon as they have a good windown.
#33 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: Sept solicits are that the team on that cover escape, and the .1 that same month deals with Songbird being address to FACT
#34 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
My guess is that they are actually all Skrulls. Thunderbolts will be replaced by Skrulls. Its the only logical answer. Well... the more logical answer is that all teams are replaced by Skrulls and have been for the last 80 years. So team rosters don't really matter anyway and sadly never have. Then again, you could be a Skrull and I could be a Skrull and we both already know this, so you are just trolling the humans. 
ROFL nice :P 

Though the cover could be misleading >.> and i would be okay with a Roster change if Songbird went ahead and joined the Avengers already lol
#35 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: I don't know, Bendis mishandles any lower Avengers member.  Look what he did to Mockingbird.
#36 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: I see what you mean. Maybe when he isn't the writer for Avengers anymore :P lol
#37 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Fun fact, Busiek and the other T-bolts writer who wrote Cable and Deadpool and I know his name but can't spell it vetoed Songbird becoming an Avenger, and that's why she turned down the offer back at Avengers/Thunderbolts.
You know why?  Cause Bendis was planning on killing her during Avengers Disassembled if she joined.
#38 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: How could he want to kill her!? Grrrrrrr that guy gets me mad lol
#39 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: It was more that he was whipping the Avengers slate clean.  Hawkeye, Scott Lang, Vision, Jack of Hearts, all died during that event.
Who did they get replaced by?  Iron Man, Captain America, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Wolverine and Spider-Woman.  You see what he did there?
#40 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: Yeah he brought in the popular characters >.>
#41 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: It annoys me that he has two Avenger teams, and both of them have Wolverine and Spider-Man on them.
Not wanting to explore new characters much Bendis?
#42 Posted by Danial79 (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: It annoys me that he has two Avenger teams, and both of them have Wolverine and Spider-Man on them. Not wanting to explore new characters much Bendis?

When he does write the B-list characters, he changes them completely (like Moon Knight), so perhaps he's better left with the A-listers.

#43 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79: Notice how Moonstone has the personalities of Spider-Man, Wolverine and Cap now?
Yeah, he only writes A-listers with his pets Luke Cage, Spider-Woman and Jessica Jones.
#44 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: Marvel believes it has to reinvent Thunderbolts every 12 issues.  Tom Brevoort says so on his formspring.
#45 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: That sucks, massively.
#46 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040:  ""but it's been the tradition of THUNDERBOLTS to reinvent itself in some way every 10-12 issues or so." - Only if the recent comics are in consideration, because until near issue #50, the team was basically the same, with few additions and removals."
"No, going all the way back to the beginning. There are more ways to reinvent the series than changing the cast around completely. I edited all of those first 50 issues, and I can tell you concretely that we worked to reinvent that book every 10-12 issues or so in those days."
#47 Edited by Danial79 (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@Feliciano2040: ""but it's been the tradition of THUNDERBOLTS to reinvent itself in some way every 10-12 issues or so." - Only if the recent comics are in consideration, because until near issue #50, the team was basically the same, with few additions and removals." "No, going all the way back to the beginning. There are more ways to reinvent the series than changing the cast around completely. I edited all of those first 50 issues, and I can tell you concretely that we worked to reinvent that book every 10-12 issues or so in those days."

I saw that too, and if you look, the B-team was created on the 12th issue of the Cage run. That rule doesn't seem to be set in stone though, as the "Siege" team was around for 14 issues and Venom team was 18 issues before that.

#48 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79: Not just the teams change.  Look at the Raft.  It is gone!
#49 Posted by Danial79 (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

@Danial79: Not just the teams change. Look at the Raft. It is gone!

I'm sure they'll somehow rebuild it :)

#50 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79: Let's say they do.   BUT, why would they fund a program when their stand in leader LOST her whole team?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.