This looks awesome, like Uncanny X-force but without the mutunts

And with Daniel Way writing it......

No, thanks.

#52 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:
Thunderbolt Ross on the Thunderbolts. Huh.
Makes more sense than him being on the Avengers.

Oh, I know, I was just making an observation. No Hulk, unless it's She-Hulk, should be an Avenger, imo.

I agree, and honestly I think Rulk works as a Thunderbolt. I'm more interested in why Venom is on the team as he's not really a "bad guy" plus I'm wondering if Secret Avengers is ending following Marvel Now!?

I'm pretty sure it is. I know that X-Force and Avengers Academy are both coming to an end in the next month or so.

I think this team is awesome, despite how I feel about Punisher on a team setting, but I don't think of this team as "Thunderbolts," if that makes sense.

#53 Posted by War Killer (20010 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Oh, I know, I was just making an observation. No Hulk, unless it's She-Hulk, should be an Avenger, imo.

I agree, and honestly I think Rulk works as a Thunderbolt. I'm more interested in why Venom is on the team as he's not really a "bad guy" plus I'm wondering if Secret Avengers is ending following Marvel Now!?

I'm pretty sure it is. I know that X-Force and Avengers Academy are both coming to an end in the next month or so.

I think this team is awesome, despite how I feel about Punisher on a team setting, but I don't think of this team as "Thunderbolts," if that makes sense.

I'm just glad Marvel's ending that whole "Dark Avengers" crap before it could really get started.
#54 Posted by Bionder (293 posts) - - Show Bio

They are all antiheroes i don't see them as ex. villains like the previous roster of Thunderbolts.

#55 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I'm just glad Marvel's ending that whole "Dark Avengers" crap before it could really get started.

You and me both. It was a stupid idea to begin with.

@Bionder said:

They are all antiheroes i don't see them as ex. villains like the previous roster of Thunderbolts.

That's pretty much how I feel about this team.

#56 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad!

#57 Posted by Mycroftian (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this image and very nearly threw a party, and then realized it's by Way. Not sure what he's done with Deadpool (though I rarely hear good things about it), but his Venom run. . . dear Christ, his Venom run. Admittedly, this is a different Venom and a different situation, but I'm still a little hesitant to get behind this, despite liking the roster so much.

Wait a minute. . . if Venom is a Thunderbolt, does that mean his solo series is getting cancelled? Suddenly feeling anxious about this

#58 Posted by Danial79 (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if I did happen to like the cast, I'd never read it due to Dillon...

#59 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Man I miss She Hulk with them...

Oh and where is Songbird going to be/ She is my favorite Thunderbolt "other than when Hawkeye was leading"

#60 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:

LOL........brilliant
#61 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom and Rulk?

On this.

#62 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Man I miss She Hulk with them...

Oh and where is Songbird going to be/ She is my favorite Thunderbolt "other than when Hawkeye was leading"

Agreed. Where is Jen, anyway...? Songbird too. She should be an Avenger by now, dammit.

@Mycroftian: I don't think it'll be cancelled. They just made a big deal about him moving to PA and all that. Plus, since Flash became Venom, he's kind of been everywhere.

#63 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Agreed on Songbird with New Mutants becoming Avengers her not being one just seems stupid and Jen will be going to the Future Foundation.

#64 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Oh that's right. With Scott Lang.

#65 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: And Medusa and Miss Thing "who should be anyone else".

#66 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Agreed. Medusa feels a little out of place too.

#67 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

I like.

#68 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: But I love her so I accept it even if it is completly illogical. I'm unsure about Fraction writing a team to begin with and the choices didn't really fit in my opinion either. I'll give it a go, because I like the characters, but I am certainly skeptical.

#69 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I think Fraction will be alright. His Hawkeye has been very good so far. He's good with characters like She-Hulk, so I'm not too worried. I probably won't be picking it up, as I don't really care about those characters much (save for Lang).

#70 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: I love me some She Hulk and Medusa lol and Yes Hawkeye is my favorite solo series right now replacing Aquaman, but I'm incredibly bias when it come to Clint.

#71 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Understood. Action Comics remains my favorite with Batman and Aquaman behind it. Once Marvel Now! starts, I'll definitely go into all the Hickman Avengers series and I gotta find a good jump-on point for Amazing Spider-Man. Currently I've been reading Hawkeye and Gambit too, and Gambit's just sort of ok. It needs to pick up the pace.

#72 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Agreed I was hoping Remy would open the doors for more X-Men, but I don't see him lasting over a year at his current pace. I'm looking forward to seeing how Hickman uses a cast that size.

#73 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I'm still gonna read it, though. The way they're treating him reminds me of Nathan Drake, and I'm totally ok with that. Still, it's gotta get rolling with some action. Hickman will be great on Avengers. He's good with over-the-top stories, and the cast (as a whole) for his latest FF stuff was pretty big as well. All I know is that he's not Bendis and that makes me happy.

#74 Posted by CounterShock (29 posts) - - Show Bio

The logo is real ugly, but i'll definitely check it out. Venom, Rulk, and Punisher has got me interested.

#75 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Blood1991: I'm still gonna read it, though. The way they're treating him reminds me of Nathan Drake, and I'm totally ok with that. Still, it's gotta get rolling with some action. Hickman will be great on Avengers. He's good with over-the-top stories, and the cast (as a whole) for his latest FF stuff was pretty big as well. All I know is that he's not Bendis and that makes me happy.

That makes My happy too XD

#76 Posted by Jake Fury (18174 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't we seen this team before?

#77 Edited by Rickbarry (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in for the Venom and Red Hulk appeal. Deadpools' schtick is tired. I'll have to put up with it.

#78 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury:That exactly what I thought when I see the new thunderbolt line up.

#79 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

seems like an interesting dynamic mix ! i'll check it out.

#80 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

I don't know, I dig it.

Me too O_O

Elektra...I may need to get this...

#81 Posted by Mycroftian (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering about Flash mostly because I was thinking this would be more in-line with recent Thunderbolts incarnations (criminals forced into service), in which case it wouldn't make a lot of sense for Venom to also be going off on his own adventures. Though looking over what we know about the new series, it seems like it's going to be something different - participation may indeed be voluntary and not full-time, which makes sense in regards to Venom and Deadpool having their own series. Though it does leave me wondering how Punisher gets involved. . .

#82 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

I don't know, I dig it.

Me too O_O

I can't even be surprised at this point...

#83 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

you are all horrible people

#84 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

you are all horrible people

The epicness of this comment has compelled me to dust off an old classic 
#85 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

I don't know, I dig it.

Me too O_O

About? Similarity in taste?

#86 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

I don't know, I dig it.

Me too O_O

The fact that your taste is the same as mine. Ie You're copying my Taste.

#87 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

I don't know, I dig it.

Me too O_O

Hey, who's to say you're not copying mine? >_<

#88 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: @Mercy_: Steve Dillon art though, you guys....

#89 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

I don't know, I dig it.

Me too O_O

Hey, who's to say you're not copying mine? >_<

The fact the "Me Too" came from you and not me?

#90 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Top of Second Page. I lost my hope.

#91 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, so many good looking books are being announced it's driving the anxiety I have towards the space inside my wallet crazy! But it's cool people are making f*cking good comics again.

#92 Posted by obscurefan (274 posts) - - Show Bio

While on the one hand I do think this team makes sense, like I can understand all these characters working together, on the other hand it just doesn't seem like the Thunderbolts. It seems more like some black ops assassination team rather than a group of villains working as heroes, which has been to me what the main idea behind the Thunderbolts is.

#93 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one of the strangest team line-up's I have ever seen, it's almost like they sat around and picked anti-heroes on popularity alone

#94 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

I like the line-up.

#95 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mycroftian said:

Wait a minute. . . if Venom is a Thunderbolt, does that mean his solo series is getting cancelled? Suddenly feeling anxious about this

No.

#96 Posted by Mycroftian (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, realize that now. Just had some temporary confusion.

#97 Posted by Dakotax6 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see a lot of people aren't digging the fact that Way and Dillon are involved with this. I've never read anything by Way and haven't really seen much of Dillon's art. So, can someone explain what's bad about these two?

#98 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect:

Not really since most of these guys haven't held a decent run in almost a year *cough Elektra *cough*. Punisher's ending his stuff soon, Venom is doing God knows what in Philly, I think, Rulk's lost his book to his daughter and Deadpool needs a new title before Marvel Now effectively makes or breaks him (again).

While Deadpool and Punisher are classics, Flash Venom is the "baby" of the group since he's just been bonded to the symbiote. Rulk's had to earn popularity the hard way via Parker's run, which was no easy feat after the convoluted mess that Jeph Loeb left behind for him to fix.

#99 Posted by Bionder (293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dakotax6 said:

I can see a lot of people aren't digging the fact that Way and Dillon are involved with this. I've never read anything by Way and haven't really seen much of Dillon's art. So, can someone explain what's bad about these two?

Try to to read Punisher vs Bullseye and maybe you can understand all the controversy.

#100 Edited by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk "Thunderbolt" Ross leading a new team of Thunderbolts?

Hmmm.......Go On

Sure has that Uncanny X-Force feel to it.....at least visually

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.