Follow

Thunderbolts

Team » Thunderbolts appears in 732 issues.

The Thunderbolts went through many evolutions: Baron Zemo's plan for world domination, a superhero team comprised of super-villains seeking redemption, Norman Osborn's personal hit squad, a government-sponsored prison reform project, and more. What they had in common was a roster that was always made of supervillains and anti-heroes willing to cross the lines other heroic teams wouldn't.

Phil Noto takes over the art on Thunderbolts

ogg927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ogg927
    HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HushoftheWind

good, i got tired the King of the Hill looking characters in that book

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thunderbolts is way way past its time

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Night Thrasher

Proof that prayer works!

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Decoy Elite

Looks a bit better, but as AcidSkull mentioned this is no sign that the writing will improve.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Decoy Elite

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Looks a bit better, but as AcidSkull mentioned this is no sign that the writing will improve.

Thank you!

Phil Noto is amazing but i could have delt with dillion if Way wasn't on board the series -_______-

Honestly I don't get why this book exists, the concept is not really a Thunderbolts thing, the team isn't really a good mix of characters, and really the premise is very dull. Add in the sub par art for the start and the bad writing and it's almost like Marvel was begging for this to fail.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SavageDragon

Wow! The new art actually looks really good, hats off to Noto. Maybe this series can make a comeback. I dropped it after 2. Heres hoping.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By judasnixon

I'm filled with hate and rage. Why would you put my favorite artist on that turd of a book. Out of all the Marvel Now Titles they had to stick Phil Noto on Thunderbolts.......

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Doesn't matter how you dress it up, the series is still a slight against the human race and literature in general.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Glad Dillons off the book, his styles more for Preacher style books not a team action book. I actually like the book ( mainly because of DeadPool) so this might save this book.

ogg927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ogg927

@Decoy Elite: I hadn't read the original Thunderbolts. Marvel had rebooted the book several times and many of the arcs are good from what I've herd. I hope that those characters like Songbird and company appear soon.

Thunderbolts had first appeared in the Hulk's book. Many people thought that Thunderbolts had something to do with Thunderbolt Ross. Rulk, Elektra, Venom, Punisher and Deadpool are complex and intriguing characters so this is something new.

I came in with high hopes because I love Rulk, Elektra and Punisher. Dillon's art was OK, I think that his style is better suited for non-super hero's. The main problem is Daniel Way. The motivation was vague, the characters reveals were lackluster, he focused on the back stories of minor characters that no one cares about, and key action sequences are left off-panel. The reader has no idea how a character had overcame a challenge?

I've seen several interviews with Daniel Way, and the interviews were more exciting then the book itself and that's bad. Daniel Way needs to turn it around fast, or Marvel should have someone else write this book. These characters are amazing and the book because there is a lot of potential. I am excited about Phil Noto, his art looks amazing.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Night Thrasher

@TheAcidSkull: I couldn't even read the first few issues b/c the art was soooooo distracting. At least now I can read it and decide if I want to continue reading or not.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Night Thrasher

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Night Thrasher said:

@TheAcidSkull: I couldn't even read the first few issues b/c the art was soooooo distracting. At least now I can read it and decide if I want to continue reading or not.

Well personally i'd advise you don't to read it, but it's of course your choice.

point noted...but I'm giving it at least 2 issues, after that...we'll see

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By TDK_1997

But it still doesn't improve the writing of Way.He is making a thing that is even hard for people to read no matter what great artist works with him.

ogg927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ogg927

I agree, the writing needs to improve. I wish that Marvel had Greg Rucka, Jeff Parker, or Rick Remender write Thunderbolts instead of Daniel Way.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ogg927 said:

I agree, the writing needs to improve. I wish that Marvel had Greg Rucka, Jeff Parker, or Rick Remender write Thunderbolts instead of Daniel Way.

they should have never canceled Rucka's Punisher series for this crap

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.