Official Thunderbolts Discussion Thread

#1 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thunderbolts have now entered the war zone known as Shadowland.  

What does everyone think of the new team now that they've got some issues under their belt?  
#2 Posted by countvontrey (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh 

I like some of the characters, but I'm not sure about the whole thing. I have read just about everything T-Bolts, and I still miss the heart of the old books. The current book is working with the long running theme of redemption, but it's really not coming into play (at least right now) Ghost seems to be coming around, Moonstone seems like a completely different character from who she used to be, Man-thing is Man-thing, and I seriously don't see Crossbones or Juggernaut turning over a new leaf. I guess I just don't see reform or redemption happening with most of this crew.  

Bring me the original T-bolts. It's great that they have three of the originals there, but it would be cool to see Jolt and Atlas back too. 

#3 Edited by brc2000 (1680 posts) - - Show Bio

Somewhat agree with the earlier poster, but I think apart from the art of some of the characters looking a bit off, it's decent. It is probably the worst the book has ever gotten, though (not including that fight circuit thing). 

Also back then I remember that a lot of people (myself included) were happy to see Jolt go. I really don't want to see her back. I also think the fact that Crossbones is someone who'd never reform makes his inclusion more interesting and reminiscent to Fixer in the past (Judging from the fact that he recently helped Zemo with Bucky, pretty much shows that he hasn't really given up villainy), and more recent members like Bullseye. The team always had members who were only using it as an excuse to keep out of jail, and not really after redemption.

#4 Posted by countvontrey (419 posts) - - Show Bio
@brc2000 said:
" Somewhat agree with the earlier poster, but I think apart from the art of some of the characters looking a bit off, it's decent. It is probably the worst the book has ever gotten, though (not including that fight circuit thing).    Also back then I remember that a lot of people (myself included) were happy to see Jolt go. I really don't want to see her back. I also think the fact that Crossbones is someone who'd never reform makes his inclusion more interesting and reminiscent to Fixer in the past (Judging from the fact that he recently helped Zemo with Bucky, pretty much shows that he hasn't really given up villainy), and more recent members like Bullseye. The team always had members who were only using it as an excuse to keep out of jail, and not really after redemption. "
You're right. The past few teams have had that wildcard character that never would reform to begin with. And though I have enjoyed those previous teams, I just can't get into this one. In fact, just about any complaint I can come up with has been part the makeup of a team (or teams) before. Perhaps there's really some other reason it doesn't click for me.
#5 Posted by Jubilantlad (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: I wonder who will join the team after.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.