Follow

Thunderbolts

Team » Thunderbolts appears in 732 issues.

The Thunderbolts went through many evolutions: Baron Zemo's plan for world domination, a superhero team comprised of super-villains seeking redemption, Norman Osborn's personal hit squad, a government-sponsored prison reform project, and more. What they had in common was a roster that was always made of supervillains and anti-heroes willing to cross the lines other heroic teams wouldn't.

New Thunderbolts Line Up - Code Red Part 2?

• 106 results
    Fiona_Hewie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Fiona_Hewie

If this is basically just Code Red, they should have just made a Code Red series and kept the current Thunderbolts. Current Thunderbolts is an amazing team, and it'll be sad to say goodbye to characters like Ghost and MACH-V.

Also, this probably won't happen, but they should bring back Crossbones for this team. He seems like a good fit.

ogg927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By ogg927

@Bionder: I love this cover. I hear a lot of mixed things on Daniel Way and Steve Dillon. I believe that they did Wolverine Origins so I hope this is good.

Avatar image for assassin_elektra
    Assassin_Elektra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Could be good or it could be horrible. I guess only time will tell. Can't judge a book without first reading it.

ogg927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ogg927

Marvel announcing Thunderbolts

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By DarkDay

@k4tzm4n said:

@TheMess1428: Punisher can sleep and shoot at the same time. It's a gift. Oh. My. Goodness. If Scarlet Spider was on this team I think I'd throw all of my money at Marvel.

Agreed. I said the same thing about Venom to a friend. "They should have replaced him with Scarlet." That would have been:

No Caption Provided
    Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Sharkbite

I've enjoyed the Bolts through many differant rosters, many differant leaders, many differant incarnations. While I'm still picking it up, so far this one appears to be lined up to be the least enjoyable.

It's like K4 said, this is basically Code Red revisited. The team could be enjoyable in their own right, but they are not the Thunderbolts. The core difference in the Thunderbolts title right from issue #1 was that Thunderbolts Are Villains. Even if they may be a little questionable, a roster of Punisher, Electra, Deadpool, Flash Thompson, and Red Hulk does not constitute villains.

The Thunderbolts have had several differant goals over the years, but (even when the team was trying to reform and go legit) there was always an element of "These are the bad guys". This version of Thunderbolts is made up a heroes. The only similarity it bares to the title it's trying to continue is the name. Even if the stories are good, I believe it will go down in history like Fight-bolts, where it doesn't count as 'real' Thunderbolts because it deviates too far from the theme of the comic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.