crossbones(SPOILER)

#1 Posted by warcorpse (431 posts) - - Show Bio

Did crossbones really die in thunderbolts #150, and if so who will replace him?

#2 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio
@warcorpse: Not dead.  But kicked off the team.
And Hyperion is replacing him.
#3 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca said:
" @warcorpse: Not dead.  But kicked off the team. And Hyperion is replacing him. "
Aaaaaand downhill the series goes...
#4 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky: F*** Crossbones!
All he did was say "I like guns and killing people."  He was stupid use of turmoil.
And series is going downhill?!

How about it hasn't yet got EPIC yet?!
Screw Crossbones!  He was the worst member on the team.
#5 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca: I wasn't referring to Crossbones leaving the team, I was referring to Hype joining it. Hyperion is a terribble character and I simply don't like him, I'm sure he will screw up the whole series. Crossbones can leave the team, don't care too much about that, but Hype should stay in nirvana. Pretty much every other character would have been better than him. I see the quality of the series seriously endangered.
#6 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky: Oh... That's understandable.
But I think Jeff Parker could do something interesting with it.  I mean, I thought Cage leading was going to kill the series, but I still like it.
Seeing what the solicits say, I don't think Hyperion will stay on for too long.  I get the idea that Troll is going to take that spot eventually.

#7 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cafeterialoca:  I guess we will have to see and wait. I wasn't worried about Luke Cage but I like him as  acharacter. Troll... Well, we will see that as well. Just hope you are right and Hype will speed back to nothingness as soon as possible.
#8 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1484 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky: We'll see.  I mean, the team has Juggernaut, Luke Cage, Moonstone and now Hyperion as heavy hitters.  Really, Hyperion might be too unstable to keep there for long.
Also, this could be awesome if the Exiles get involved to stop him.  I mean, Parker did try to revive that series too.
#9 Posted by warcorpse (431 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky: Who would you like to see on the team?

#10 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@warcorpse: I could very well envision Taskmaster's return to the Thunderbolts or maybe some really obscure and underused character like Sleepwalker, Solo or Cardiac. Shriek (I know she is instable but some nanites would take care of that I think) would be immensly cool. Shroud, or some other member of the Midnight Sons could add the direly needed arcane knowledge to the team. Under certain circumstances I could even think of Punisher or Elektra. Maybe Titania or the Crimson Dynamo. Each of them had several clashes with the law and could be suggested membership instead of prison.
#11 Posted by Maniac2312 (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Thunderbolts doesn't need a Superman wanna-be, they ain't the Averngers.
#12 Posted by warcorpse (431 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky: Good ideas, I wouldn't mind seeing eddie brock or prowler 
#13 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maniac2312 said:
" Thunderbolts doesn't need a Superman wanna-be, they ain't the Averngers. "
QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!

@warcorpse: Not sure if I like the idea of Eddie/Anti-Venom on the team for some reason but Prowler would make an excellent addition.

#14 Posted by Clara Mass (8099 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Thunderbolt ever since the Civil War and I want Joystick on the team as a reminder of their past

#15 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Clara Mass: ^Good idea. The team could need a speedster.
#16 Posted by warcorpse (431 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't thing luke cage should lead the thunderbolts, just doesn't fit.

#17 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

So what Luke Cage is now Wolverine? He's leader of the Thunderbolts and the New Avengers... I hate Luke Cage, so glad I dropped those titles when I did.

#18 Posted by Baron_Emo (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read 150 and I'm quite glad Crossbones is out. It was just way too stupid to me. I am unfamiliar with Hyperion, so it really doesn't bother me so much. I would like to see our original three (Fixer, Mach V, and Songbird) to have a stronger place on the team, but I don't think that's happening as they are running the Raft. I am cool with obscure characters showing up in the series. That is part of what I have enjoyed in the past when Busiek and Nicieza were writing it.  
 I like Luke and all, but I don't so much like him leading this team.
I really don't like the way Parker is writing Moonstone. I have grown to love her character over the course of the series, but she seems too vapid here. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.