Follow

Thunderbolts

Team » Thunderbolts appears in 732 issues.

The Thunderbolts went through many evolutions: Baron Zemo's plan for world domination, a superhero team comprised of super-villains seeking redemption, Norman Osborn's personal hit squad, a government-sponsored prison reform project, and more. What they had in common was a roster that was always made of supervillains and anti-heroes willing to cross the lines other heroic teams wouldn't.

Avg Readers' Reception of Gage's Thunderbolts.

ImbecilicSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ImbecilicSage

I'd read a little bit of Thunderbolts here and there, as at times the title has interested me. Gage's work I'd seen on it, as well as some of his (rare) work within other titles has actually impressed me to some extent, which is why I thought he'd be a nice person take the helm for the title after another recent shift in writers. However, I've read some of the reviews on his new take of Thunderbolts, and while nothing's been phenomenally bad, it's scored almost consistently as mediocre (these are reviews portrayed by IGN's staff). I currently have two subscriptions to Marvel titles, (I don't drive and live in a hick town) but am actually thinking of canceling one of my titles, and having Thunderbolts be a prime candidate regarding having the remaining issues of other subscription being transferred over to some other title. With that said though, I just wanted to gain some insight on what the avg readers thought about Mr. Gage's work, and if they'll say if it's a title to still consider pretty great with regards to the current creative team. I do know about the SI tie-ins before everyone starts mentioning that might be a reason not to subscribe, but otherwise what other reasons should I know about regarding why or why not I should make the decision to have my remaining issues be brought over to Thunderbolts. Thanks in advance everyone.

ImbecilicSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImbecilicSage

Can someone please take the time to read this and answer me here? I don't want to waste what's left of the money I spent on something completely based on a whim.

Jake Malcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jake Malcom

Dont believe anything IGN says their a site full of morons who wouldnt know a good comic if it slapped them an their mother in the face.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By John Valentine
    Jake Malcom said:
    "Dont believe anything IGN says their a site full of morons who wouldnt know a good comic if it slapped them an their mother in the face."
    Ign reviews suck.

Anyway his Thunderbolts is great.
    Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I preferred Ellis on it but I find Gage worth reading. I think he has a good handle on the characters. That includes their longer histories/overall personalities and what's currently going on with them as decided by their previous writer. The art's not as good but it's still ok. Dunno how much that matters to you but I thought I'd mention it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.