Why is Red Hulk Healing Factor so weak ??

#1 Posted by tensor (4351 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess he is not that though cause he was owned by wolverine

#2 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kind of ridiculous how he can punch out a Watcher, damn near kill an Elder, drain a Herald of Galactus, beat Thor and the Hulk but Wolverine cuts his eyes and suddenly he's vulnerable.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" It's kind of ridiculous how he can punch out a Watcher, damn near kill an Elder, drain a Herald of Galactus, beat Thor and the Hulk but Wolverine cuts his eyes and suddenly he's vulnerable. "
I don't see how his offensive ability has anything to do with being cut in the face with adamantium claws.
Moderator
#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

well when 2 overhyped characters meet which ever ones hype is stronger has to win

#5 Posted by Th3 FlAsH 123 (616 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
"well when 2 overhyped characters meet which ever ones hype is stronger has to win "

Haha.
#6 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
again some ppl need to realize durability and strength does not always win the fight
#7 Posted by tensor (4351 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: keep in mind his  offense was over cause his defense was cut down an two he got save by red she hulk, i think he is weak to adamantium for too be blind for so long that wolverine could find a car an come back after that is  some slow healing time for a hulk better yet rulk
#8 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhhh, but what did Wolverine do? Just scratch his eye Or did he do more severe damage and threw r-hulk on the floor and put his boot on his chest while posing?

#9 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
hulk has bn blinded for a relatively long time from logan as well... not just rulk.
 
the only time hulk heals exceptionally fast when he is uber mad and his healing is off the chart. he is not usually in that state that often.
#10 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" It's kind of ridiculous how he can punch out a Watcher, damn near kill an Elder, drain a Herald of Galactus, beat Thor and the Hulk but Wolverine cuts his eyes and suddenly he's vulnerable. "
I don't see how his offensive ability has anything to do with being cut in the face with adamantium claws. "
When you take a strike from Mjolnir in the face and smile afterward and you heal up with no problem, I kind of wonder why you can't heal after being cut with Adamantium claws.
#11 Posted by tensor (4351 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: he get cut in the eyes an it hurt so much he even went down to his knees guess the pain was too much he could not get mad enough he was so hurting an if if was not for red she hulk game over
#12 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
same reason hulk has failed in the past. completely different type of damage.
 
also Rulk HF does not increase like Hulk does with conjunction to his strength and rage.
#13 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@tensor said:
" @castleking: he get cut in the eyes an it hurt so much he even went down to his knees guess the pain was too much he could not get mad enough he was so hurting an if if was not for red she hulk game over "
i know i read the issue.
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" It's kind of ridiculous how he can punch out a Watcher, damn near kill an Elder, drain a Herald of Galactus, beat Thor and the Hulk but Wolverine cuts his eyes and suddenly he's vulnerable. "
I don't see how his offensive ability has anything to do with being cut in the face with adamantium claws. "
When you take a strike from Mjolnir in the face and smile afterward and you heal up with no problem, I kind of wonder why you can't heal after being cut with Adamantium claws. "
Mjolnir & claws are two different weapons.Adamantium claws almost always damage the target..alot more often then I've seen Mjolnir do it.
Moderator
#15 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
the hammer is a flat surface.. could very well just caused blunt trauma with energy discharge that could be relatively handled by rulk's density and his HF.
 
the Adamantium was completely different type of damage and was far more severe as it damaged visual organs not just a superficial injury
#16 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" It's kind of ridiculous how he can punch out a Watcher, damn near kill an Elder, drain a Herald of Galactus, beat Thor and the Hulk but Wolverine cuts his eyes and suddenly he's vulnerable. "
I don't see how his offensive ability has anything to do with being cut in the face with adamantium claws. "
When you take a strike from Mjolnir in the face and smile afterward and you heal up with no problem, I kind of wonder why you can't heal after being cut with Adamantium claws. "
Mjolnir & claws are two different weapons.Adamantium claws almost always damage the target..alot more often then I've seen Mjolnir do it. "
Granted. But both are arguably unbreakable and both have done their fair share of damage. I'm sure that there's little to no argument that Mjolnir would deal more damage to an opponent like Rulk. Like--side by side--to me, it doesn't stack up right. 
 
Rulk took a shot from Thor with Mjolnir which was also generating lightning and laughed it off.  
 
Wolverine cuts into his eyes with his claws (I may be remembering it wrong, but it sort of looked like a shallow cut IMO) and suddenly he loses his sight? 
 
Thor, who has super-strength, lifts over 100 tons, lays into this guy's face with his hammer and laughs, but a short dude with unbreakable claws takes his sight with a swipe? 
 
I'm not arguing that Thor's shot should have blinded him, I'm just saying that it looks wrong when Wolverine puts damage on this guy and it sticks like it did but Thor could barely put a dent in him. 
 
And there's a healing factor there, of course. Because after Thor hit him with his hammer he had an x-shape wound which healed by the next page. It seems a tad bit inconsistent, but I can see where it's arguable since it's not the same strike and it's not the same weapon and it's not the same material. IMO, he should have recovered from being blind just as fast if not faster than he did when Thor hit him.
#17 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" the hammer is a flat surface.. could very well just caused blunt trauma with energy discharge that could be relatively handled by rulk's density and his HF.
 
the Adamantium was completely different type of damage and was far more severe as it damaged visual organs not just a superficial injury
"
Yeah, I figure. Still feels iffy to me. Rulk's healing factor should have at least had him good to go within a few pages, IMO. He was pretty much blind the whole issue. 
 
There's other examples of where he heals at fast rates, I think...but then I'd have to go looking through issues, and no one likes doing that...
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" It's kind of ridiculous how he can punch out a Watcher, damn near kill an Elder, drain a Herald of Galactus, beat Thor and the Hulk but Wolverine cuts his eyes and suddenly he's vulnerable. "
I don't see how his offensive ability has anything to do with being cut in the face with adamantium claws. "
When you take a strike from Mjolnir in the face and smile afterward and you heal up with no problem, I kind of wonder why you can't heal after being cut with Adamantium claws. "
Mjolnir & claws are two different weapons.Adamantium claws almost always damage the target..alot more often then I've seen Mjolnir do it. "
Granted. But both are arguably unbreakable and both have done their fair share of damage. I'm sure that there's little to no argument that Mjolnir would deal more damage to an opponent like Rulk. Like--side by side--to me, it doesn't stack up right.  Rulk took a shot from Thor with Mjolnir which was also generating lightning and laughed it off.   Wolverine cuts into his eyes with his claws (I may be remembering it wrong, but it sort of looked like a shallow cut IMO) and suddenly he loses his sight?  Thor, who has super-strength, lifts over 100 tons, lays into this guy's face with his hammer and laughs, but a short dude with unbreakable claws takes his sight with a swipe?  I'm not arguing that Thor's shot should have blinded him, I'm just saying that it looks wrong when Wolverine puts damage on this guy and it sticks like it did but Thor could barely put a dent in him.  And there's a healing factor there, of course. Because after Thor hit him with his hammer he had an x-shape wound which healed by the next page. It seems a tad bit inconsistent, but I can see where it's arguable since it's not the same strike and it's not the same weapon and it's not the same material. IMO, he should have recovered from being blind just as fast if not faster than he did when Thor hit him. "
They still create two different effects.You don't have to heal if the attack doesn't wound you.Obviously Rulk has a higher tolerance for blunt force as opposed to slashing attacks.Also Rulk pretty much claimed Thor could have killed him so I wouldn't doubt a few more shots from Mjolnir could have put Rulk out.A Hammer having less effect than a cutting weapon isn't inconsistent.It's realistic.Especially in an instance dealing with haling factor.The hammer doesn't create a wound.Adamantium claws do.
Moderator
#19 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio





#20 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" It's kind of ridiculous how he can punch out a Watcher, damn near kill an Elder, drain a Herald of Galactus, beat Thor and the Hulk but Wolverine cuts his eyes and suddenly he's vulnerable. "
I don't see how his offensive ability has anything to do with being cut in the face with adamantium claws. "
When you take a strike from Mjolnir in the face and smile afterward and you heal up with no problem, I kind of wonder why you can't heal after being cut with Adamantium claws. "
Mjolnir & claws are two different weapons.Adamantium claws almost always damage the target..alot more often then I've seen Mjolnir do it. "
Granted. But both are arguably unbreakable and both have done their fair share of damage. I'm sure that there's little to no argument that Mjolnir would deal more damage to an opponent like Rulk. Like--side by side--to me, it doesn't stack up right.  Rulk took a shot from Thor with Mjolnir which was also generating lightning and laughed it off.   Wolverine cuts into his eyes with his claws (I may be remembering it wrong, but it sort of looked like a shallow cut IMO) and suddenly he loses his sight?  Thor, who has super-strength, lifts over 100 tons, lays into this guy's face with his hammer and laughs, but a short dude with unbreakable claws takes his sight with a swipe?  I'm not arguing that Thor's shot should have blinded him, I'm just saying that it looks wrong when Wolverine puts damage on this guy and it sticks like it did but Thor could barely put a dent in him.  And there's a healing factor there, of course. Because after Thor hit him with his hammer he had an x-shape wound which healed by the next page. It seems a tad bit inconsistent, but I can see where it's arguable since it's not the same strike and it's not the same weapon and it's not the same material. IMO, he should have recovered from being blind just as fast if not faster than he did when Thor hit him. "
They still create two different effects.You don't have to heal if the attack doesn't wound you.Obviously Rulk has a higher tolerance for blunt force as opposed to slashing attacks.Also Rulk pretty much claimed Thor could have killed him so I wouldn't doubt a few more shots from Mjolnir could have put Rulk out.A Hammer having less effect than a cutting weapon isn't inconsistent.It's realistic.Especially in an instance dealing with haling factor.The hammer doesn't create a wound.Adamantium claws do. "
The hammer did wound him, though, that's what I was getting at. The fact that the wound closed up within a page is what gets me, but since it was a wound caused by blunt force I'll drop that since it's arguable that any damage done by the blunt force would be shallow. 
 
Issue 8 and 9 when he fights the Lady Liberators is different, though. This dude takes a sword to the chest and pulls it out like nothing, he has Hellcat, Tigra, Susan Storm hitting him with invisible bullets and all of these wounds close up within pages. The only wound that was still on him by the time the Liberators put him down was a scratch that was closing up. This also seems like inconsistency to me. 
#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Let see.  A character has three Adamantium knives slashed across his face.  The most dense, sharp & indestructable material in the known Marvel Universe, and you're complaining that he can't heal it quick enough?  The fact is, he can & will heal.  No-one ever said that Red Hulk's healing factor was on the same level as Wolverine or X-23.  Besides, his vision was starting to return within the space of one issue which was what?  An hour or two??  How is that a weak healing factor... ??
Moderator
#22 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

The real reason is that Jeph Loeb did not know that the real Hulk has a healing factor, and wasn't sure whether his Hulk would have one either.
He does zero research on any of the characters he writes.

Moderator
#23 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It was stated as soon as Wolverine clawed Red Hulk  that Rulk's eyes will heal.  The very next issue he started to get his eye sight back.  I really don't see what the fuss is about. 

Moderator
#24 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7818 posts) - - Show Bio

And this all depends on how quickly you read the comic itself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.